HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect #12 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1247955)

The Zetterberg Era 08-17-2012 04:27 PM

Detroit Red Wings Prospect #12
 
1.) Brendan Smith - D, 6'1" 198 lbs: Mimico, ON, CAN 72.73%
2.) Gustav Nyquist - RW/LW, 5'11" 185 lbs: Halmstad, SWE 68.75%
3.) Calle Järnkrok - C, 6'0" 176 lbs: Gävle, SWE 72.73%
4.) Tomáš Tatar - LW/RW, 5'10" 186 lbs: Ilava, SVK 44.44%
5.) Tomas Jurco - RW, 6'2" 187 lbs: Kosice, SVK 65.85%
6.) Riley Sheahan - C, 6'2" 223 lbs: St. Catharines, ON, CAN 27.78%
7.) Teemu Pulkkinen - RW, 5'10" 198lbs: Vantaa, FIN 35.92%
8.) Xavier Ouellet - D, 6'0" 187lbs: Bayonne, FRA 45.24%
9.) Ryan Sproul - D, 6'3" 186 lbs: Mississauga, ON, CAN 45.98%
10.) Petr Mrázek - G, 6'2" 185 lbs: Ostrava, CZE 62.69%
11.) Martin Frk - RW, 6'0" 203 lbs: Bochov, CZE 34.41%

Martin Frk edged out Tvrdon this round, same 24 hour rule probably applies like with Mrazek it would surprise me if Tvrdon doesn't run away with it but I guess we will see. Andreas Athanasiou, I guess some people like calling Greek lightening, I just hope he has a better year or gets moved out of London for more ice time.

The Zetterberg Era 08-17-2012 04:33 PM

<=== Still voting for this guy. You know the one who had the bounce back season off injury we are hoping for out of Pulkkinen and Frk this year. The guy without skating issues that was the leading rookie scorer in the WHL. All you guys are welcome to get on the Tvrdon bandwagon, it's going to get pretty crowded by mid-season I have a feeling.





Still think we should add either Callahan or Lashoff, trouble knowing who I would vote for between the two to be honest.

mindfly 08-17-2012 04:35 PM

I've voted for Tvrdon 2 or 3 times now... come tvuuuuurDON

Frk It 08-17-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 53661649)
You know the one who had the bounce back season off injury we are hoping for out of Pulkkinen and Frk this year.

You mad bro? ;)

Going with your boy Trvdon now that my boy Frk is gone!

ChadS 08-17-2012 04:46 PM

I think this will be a clear win for Tvrdon, which is my pick as well.

Add Lashoff.

The Zetterberg Era 08-17-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 53661887)
You mad bro? ;)

Going with your boy Trvdon now that my boy Frk is gone!

A little mad:laugh:

Was just pointing out something I find funny from the logic in the last thread. Tvrdon was a point a game player his first twelve games in his draft year, I think he was likewise a very likely first round pick if he completes it. His injury isn't the scary head related one that you carry the rest of your career. He has NHL size and no concerns about his skating. Scores from everywhere. Just think people are in the new toy syndrome on that one with Frk, I like Frk a lot to. But even the add of Andreas Athanasiou seemed to fit this line of thinking. But on Frk, for me he has to bounce back and if he doesn't with MacKinnon we have big problem. I think he will and more than likely winds up near the top 5 at the end of next year, could see both him and Tvrdon leaping up this list. In any event it is less about Frk and more about my man crush on Tvrdon. Not afraid to admit it, just a huge fan, think he is going to be a stud. Big kid and loves to score, quite frankly would love if somewhere down the road Tvrdon and Frk wind up on the same line because they both are fairly rugged for scoring players.

Wolverine Wings 08-17-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 53662013)
A little mad:laugh:

Was just pointing out something I find funny from the logic in the last thread. Tvrdon was a point a game player his first twelve games in his draft year, I think he was likewise a very likely first round pick if he completes it. His injury isn't the scary head related one that you carry the rest of your career. He has NHL size and no concerns about his skating. Scores from everywhere. Just think people are in the new toy syndrome on that one with Frk, I like Frk a lot to. But even the add of Andreas Athanasiou seemed to fit this line of thinking. But on Frk, for me he has to bounce back and if he doesn't with MacKinnon we have big problem. I think he will and more than likely winds up near the top 5 at the end of next year, could see both him and Tvrdon leaping up this list. In any event it is less about Frk and more about my man crush on Tvrdon. Not afraid to admit it, just a huge fan, think he is going to be a stud. Big kid and loves to score, quite frankly would love if somewhere down the road Tvrdon and Frk wind up on the same line because they both are fairly rugged for scoring players.

I've voted Tvrdon the last time because: A) He has a relatively similar upside as Frk; B) Skates better; C) Has already bounced back from injury; and D) The injury he had wasn't something bad, like a concussion.

However, I did vote to add Greek Lightning because I just like his skating. Regardless of whatever else he brings to the table, that skating is simply too good to not play in the NHL. Speed trumps size nearly 100% of the time in hockey. He'll be an NHLer, while I'm not exactly sure if Lashoff or Callahan will.

I'll vote to add Lashoff. I'll take the projected 6th man over the projected 9-12 FW. Pretty close between those two.

InjuredChoker 08-17-2012 05:43 PM

Jensen, again. This time with a vote on board in time.

RedWingsNow* 08-17-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 53661649)
<=== Still voting for this guy. You know the one who had the bounce back season off injury we are hoping for out of Pulkkinen and Frk this year. The guy without skating issues that was the leading rookie scorer in the WHL. All you guys are welcome to get on the Tvrdon bandwagon, it's going to get pretty crowded by mid-season I have a feeling.





Still think we should add either Callahan or Lashoff, trouble knowing who I would vote for between the two to be honest.

I really liked the pick, but he wasn't impressive in WJCs. He just didn't skate as well or hit as much as I liked.

Run the Jewels 08-17-2012 05:55 PM

I voted Jensen. Add Lashoff.

Kronwalled55 08-17-2012 06:46 PM

The next one is going to be very interesting. Likely Marchenko vs. Jensen.

Winger98 08-17-2012 07:31 PM

Andersson. Add Callahan.

SoupNazi 08-17-2012 07:45 PM

Tvrdon. I don't understand the Frk love, to be honest.

Human Thumb* 08-17-2012 07:47 PM

frk is the shiny brand new prospect

sarcastro 08-17-2012 07:51 PM

I went with Tvrdon over Jensen, narrowly. Jensen might have more upside but I'm not ready to bump him up just yet.

I've been saying you should add Lashoff for about 9 rounds now, so I'll try it again.

Frk It 08-17-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupNazi (Post 53665847)
I don't understand the Frk love, to be honest.

You will soon.

Vatican Roulette 08-17-2012 10:51 PM

That Jensen guy, add the best skater in the org...Ben Marshall.

Vatican Roulette 08-17-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MGoBlue2;53662449/
However, I did vote to add Greek Lightning because I just like his skating. Regardless of whatever else he brings to the table, that skating is simply too good to not play in the NHL. Speed trumps size nearly 100% of the time in hockey. He'll be an NHLer, while I'm not exactly sure if Lashoff or Callahan will.

To back up the argument...

http://www.redwingscentral.com/prosp...as-athanasiou/

“He’s going to be able to play just because of his skating ability and his speed. Then it’s just a matter of what he’s going to be. Is he going to be a checker or is he going to be a top-two line guy? That’s what’s going to sort itself out the next five, six years. But in my mind, there’s no question he’s going to play because of his skating.”

— Red Wings director of scouting Joe McDonnell (June 2012).

EDIT: IMO, he's a Cogliano clone, if he can learn to use his speed for defense. If not, he's Rico Fata. I hope it's the latter. Him and Helm on the PK on different units= PK coach's dream.

Wolverine Wings 08-17-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette (Post 53670189)
To back up the argument...

http://www.redwingscentral.com/prosp...as-athanasiou/

“He’s going to be able to play just because of his skating ability and his speed. Then it’s just a matter of what he’s going to be. Is he going to be a checker or is he going to be a top-two line guy? That’s what’s going to sort itself out the next five, six years. But in my mind, there’s no question he’s going to play because of his skating.”

— Red Wings director of scouting Joe McDonnell (June 2012).

EDIT: IMO, he's a Cogliano clone, if he can learn to use his speed for defense. If not, he's Rico Fata. I hope it's the latter. Him and Helm on the PK on different units= PK coach's dream.

I can certainly get behind that type of situation. The PK is typically in my opinion the most underrated part of today's NHL. Stopping another teams PP is absolutely crucial to any type of playoff success.

Can AA add more dimension to his game, ie goal scoring? Maybe, but from what I've seen he just doesn't have the vision to be a scorer in the NHL. I also hope he gets traded because he simply isn't a fit with his current OHL team, London.

Eternal Sunshine 08-18-2012 12:57 AM

Tvrdon

RabbinsDuck 08-18-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MGoBlue2 (Post 53670875)
I can certainly get behind that type of situation. The PK is typically in my opinion the most underrated part of today's NHL. Stopping another teams PP is absolutely crucial to any type of playoff success.

Can AA add more dimension to his game, ie goal scoring? Maybe, but from what I've seen he just doesn't have the vision to be a scorer in the NHL. I also hope he gets traded because he simply isn't a fit with his current OHL team, London.

AA reminds me of Ferraro, but with what we all hoped Ferraro's ceiling would be still being a chance.

The Zetterberg Era 08-18-2012 06:05 PM

Not as many votes as normal but this seems close to over, Lashoff leads on suggestions could wait a little longer to see that play out.

I have been expecting the numbers to drop a little when we start to get to the names people might not know as well. Thinking maybe that is the case here.

ricky0034 08-18-2012 06:07 PM

Jensen again

Frk It 08-18-2012 06:32 PM

Lashoff over Nicastro? You guys must read Malik too much


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.