HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Assuming Lockout, any B's Providence bound? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1248239)

Oates2Neely 08-18-2012 10:32 AM

Assuming Lockout, any B's Providence bound?

IF the NHL goes into Lockout mode, which (if any) of the current Boston Bruin players would consider playing in Providence? Would Seguin consider playing in the AHL. Tuukka? Marchand?

jdulieu 08-18-2012 10:40 AM

Any player that has a 2-way contract is allowed to go down

Oates2Neely 08-18-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdulieu (Post 53676517)

I'd guess only Caron fits the criteria?

Artemis 08-18-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdulieu (Post 53676517)

I believe it has less to do with two way contracts and more to so with waiver eligibility. Whoever can be sent to Providence without passing through waivers would be a candidate.

that's what I've heard anyway.

Mancini0518 08-18-2012 11:48 AM

I think i read that if you've played over 160 games you are waiver eligible. That means that Seguin and Marchand would have to play in Europe like the older guys

Rookie Chargers 08-18-2012 11:50 AM

Myself, if I was a Bruin for the last 5 years you would not see me in the AHL for this.

RaskMullet 08-18-2012 12:03 PM

they can also sign a conditional AHL contract with providence and play without going through waivers or having to have a 2 way contract.

DKH 08-18-2012 01:03 PM

Caron and Khudobin would be obvious- Seguin is on a two-way first contract but has played in 155 regular season games- not sure how that works with playoffs;

Boston would probably want Seguin playing if there is a lockout so he is in game shape when it ends- not sure he'd balk, he's pretty good friends with some of the guys he'd be playing with and many of the guys he'd be playing against.

If I'm Boston I'd want him in the AHL. It did not hurt Staal, Bergeron, Spezza and many others last go around.

Brass97 08-21-2012 01:14 PM

The AHL has crazy rules for veterans, right? As in, you're only allowed to have x amount of players who have played x amount of NHL games and so on and so forth? I remember watching a video where Bruce Landon (general manager of the Springfield Falcons) explained their roster policies.

Tim Vezina Thomas 08-21-2012 01:17 PM

I wonder if theres a friendly unwritten rule that allows younger type players to pass through waivers to play in the AHL if theyre over the limit.

Having Seguin in the AHL would be great for everyone...gives Spooner/Knight a budding superstar to play with and Seguin some more time playing in the same system as Boston.

Knight Spooner Seguin

(Just saying :) )

Res Nullius 08-21-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas (Post 53752181)
I wonder if theres a friendly unwritten rule that allows younger type players to pass through waivers to play in the AHL if theyre over the limit.

Having Seguin in the AHL would be great for everyone...gives Spooner/Knight a budding superstar to play with and Seguin some more time playing in the same system as Boston.

Knight Spooner Seguin

(Just saying :) )

I feel like they might even throw Seguin at C down in the A. That'd be fun to watch. Regardless of the configuration, that line has me thinking, "Now how am I gonna get to RI?"

GarbageGoal 08-21-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brass97 (Post 53752059)
The AHL has crazy rules for veterans, right? As in, you're only allowed to have x amount of players who have played x amount of NHL games and so on and so forth? I remember watching a video where Bruce Landon (general manager of the Springfield Falcons) explained their roster policies.

Here it is....you can carry as many veterans on the roster you want....it's dressing them for games that's the issue.

Quote:

What is the AHL's development rule?

In the AHL, player development is a top priority. The American Hockey League and the Professional Hockey Players' Association have the following development rule in place for the 2011-12 season:

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a regular-season game, at least 13 must be qualified as "development players." Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL, IHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

Tim Vezina Thomas 08-21-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Res Nullius (Post 53752775)
I feel like they might even throw Seguin at C down in the A. That'd be fun to watch. Regardless of the configuration, that line has me thinking, "Now how am I gonna get to RI?"

Yeah either or, as long as hes getting #1 time in every situation.

Wouldnt mind seeing him get PK time too. Don't think he'll ever be a Selke level forward, but I can see him being Krejci-like defensively.

GoBs 08-21-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brass97 (Post 53752059)

They should get rid of the rule for cases of lockouts. Do something like anyone 25 and under is eligible who's already played in the NHL.