HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   So pumped up about being able to watch NYR hockey on TV tomorrow!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12486)

JR#9* 09-19-2003 05:52 AM

So pumped up about being able to watch NYR hockey on TV tomorrow!!!!

As Melrose said in the other thread I almost feel like it's playoffs, that's how excited I am to have hockey back to watch after a loooong summer!!!

I can't wait to put the beers on ice tomorrow night and kick back and watch the game vs the Wings.

Also walking into MSG next week for some live hockey action is always awesome.I'm not going to bother with the Columbus game but will go to the Boston and NJD games.

Great to have the best sport on earth back in action!!!

Theoren Fan 09-19-2003 06:03 AM

:handclap: :handclap:

Stable goaltending, healthier right side, players playing LW that are actually LWers, lines with chemistry..how can ya not feel good about this season??

Let the games begin!

303Joe 09-19-2003 06:17 AM

Will be happy there is some hockey on TV..

get to see some action. Doesn't matter its the rangers and preseason its just some hockey action. Hey we can all listen to JD and he can tell us how every Ranger is in the greatest shape of his life like he usually tells us. This guy lost this much and this guy worked out and gained this much and this guy is so strong and what a great year they're gonna have. But I gotta put with his yap to watch the games. My wife sits there and laughs as I yell at the TV to tell JD and sam to shut the hell up. Then she usually tells me I have a mental problem when the otrher teams scores a PPG and I tell what kind of goal was that there Sammy boy you A-hole.
Hey I gotta vent somewhere.

Melrose_Jr. 09-19-2003 06:23 AM

Is there any televised Isles PS you can alert us to Joe?

Tell your wife, anyone who lives on LI has mental problems. ;)

303Joe 09-19-2003 06:36 AM

No Mr. Melrose there are no Isles PS games on...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Is there any televised Isles PS you can alert us to Joe?

Tell your wife, anyone who lives on LI has mental problems. ;)

but hey I get to listen to an exciting webcast of the game tonight if I want. Oh what fun thats gonna be. I'm actually going to bridgeport on Sunday for the isles/Bruins game as I will be visiting my father in Naples FL :handclap: on Oct 4th the Isles only home preseason game. Then to boot my friend who is getting married :joker: I know I already gave him a good taslking to but he is still going through with it has his freakin rehearsal dinner on Oct. 18th i'm in the wedding so pretty much gotta go :rant: but I did throw an excuse that I will try to follow up on as Oct. 18th is Isles opening night :handclap: . Oh well enough of my problems I didn;t even get in the fact that my co. that I've been working for for 13 years got sold so they will be closing in the near future but that for another day. In the meantime I will watch the rangers pre-season games as it is hockey action.
On another note I know you go to alot of concerts not sure how big you are into guitar musicans but Satriani, Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen are gonna be at the Beacon Theater on Nov. 11 tickets went on sale this morning at 10. Should be a very good show saw Yngwie several times many years back and he can play. Satriani is also great 2 very different styles but 2 excellent guitarist. No such a big Vai fan but he is also a great talent. OK I gotta go now as I'm really going of on a tangent.

RANGER#11 09-19-2003 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR#9
As Melrose said in the other thread I almost feel like it's playoffs, that's how excited I am to have hockey back to watch after a loooong summer!!!

I can't wait to put the beers on ice tomorrow night and kick back and watch the game vs the Wings.

Also walking into MSG next week for some live hockey action is always awesome.I'm not going to bother with the Columbus game but will go to the Boston and NJD games.

Great to have the best sport on earth back in action!!!

What chanel and time JR?

Melrose_Jr. 09-19-2003 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303Joe
On another note I know you go to alot of concerts not sure how big you are into guitar musicans but Satriani, Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen are gonna be at the Beacon Theater on Nov. 11

I'm not much a fan of any of them, but that's a helluva guitar show.

JR#9* 09-19-2003 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RANGER#11
What chanel and time JR?

It's on Direct TV-fOX sPORTS dETROIT AT 7:30.I think it's channel 637 but you need to have the full sports package.

303Joe 09-19-2003 07:05 AM

Oh Man you got me all worked up..

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR#9
It's on Direct TV-fOX sPORTS dETROIT AT 7:30.I think it's channel 637 but you need to have the full sports package.

to watch hockey and I don"t have direct TV :mad: . I thought t was gonna be on MSG or Metro or something here. Oh well I waited this long I can wait till Sunday when i go the Bridgeport.

Lundyfan 09-19-2003 07:10 AM

Anyone know if tonight's game is going to be on the Web anywhere?

LiquidClown 09-19-2003 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Fan
how can ya not feel good about this season??

1. Messier is still playing.
2. Lindros is still soft.
3. Glen Sather is still the GM
4. The Dolans still own the team.
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY, this IS the NY Rangers were talking about here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for hockey to start up again, but I think I've resigned myself to the fact that until the Dolans are gone, this team will go NO WHERE.

One last question, anyone know when center ice starts up again? They dont' include pre season games do they?

303Joe 09-19-2003 08:12 AM

About the center ice package...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidClown
One last question, anyone know when center ice starts up again? They dont' include pre season games do they?

I actually got off the phone w/ cablevision about an hour ago as I was inquiring about the center ice pack. Not sure where you live but I have Cablevision in Brookhaven would love to get Direct TV but I'm in an apt. They said if you order Center Ice by Oct. 14th it is an early special price of 139.00 after that it is 159.00. The season starts up on Oct. 8th that when the center ice package starts.

Khelvan 09-19-2003 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303Joe
I actually got off the phone w/ cablevision about an hour ago as I was inquiring about the center ice pack. Not sure where you live but I have Cablevision in Brookhaven would love to get Direct TV but I'm in an apt. They said if you order Center Ice by Oct. 14th it is an early special price of 139.00 after that it is 159.00. The season starts up on Oct. 8th that when the center ice package starts.

By law, apartments must allow you to get satellite if you so choose. In practical terms this means that somewhere in the space that you live in, be it behind a window, on a balcony, or wherever, you can place a satellite receiver. In two of the apartments I've lived in I clamped the dish to my balcony and it worked great.

You just need line of site to a satellite and you're golden.

303Joe 09-19-2003 10:10 AM

I live in apt. in someones home...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khelvan
By law, apartments must allow you to get satellite if you so choose. In practical terms this means that somewhere in the space that you live in, be it behind a window, on a balcony, or wherever, you can place a satellite receiver. In two of the apartments I've lived in I clamped the dish to my balcony and it worked great.

You just need line of site to a satellite and you're golden.

and I hopefully will be getting a home by April or May.

Melrose_Jr. 09-19-2003 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khelvan
By law, apartments must allow you to get satellite if you so choose.

Yah. In my buidling, there's a little forest of them on the roof. Not me though. Digital Cable is way better. Can't get Metro on satellite, can ya? ;)