HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   King's Season Ticket Plans (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=124898)

cbjfan 01-20-2005 03:54 PM

King's Season Ticket Plans
 
Hi Kings fans,

I am considering a possible transfer from Columbus to Southern California, where I would probably end up living in Temecula.

I am a Blue Jackets season ticket holder now and would like to look into being a Kings season ticket holder if I move out there. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Kings offer a partial season ticket plan with only weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) games? I don't think it would be possible for me to make weekday games.

Any help that you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Belanger25 01-20-2005 04:12 PM

They offer 3 Ticket plans.

Full Season
Half Season
10 Game Mini Pack.

They also have Dave Taylor Die Hard Seats which are 10 dollars a game. Check out www.Lakings.com they'll have more info.

KingPurpleDinosaur 01-20-2005 04:56 PM

man, now that'd be a great season ticket package!

girl4kings 01-21-2005 09:38 AM

I have never heard of a Weekend game pack that would be awsome. Even if you bought a mini pack you can always sell the weekday games and have them picked up at the box office.

Old Hickory 01-21-2005 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbjfan
Hi Kings fans,

I am considering a possible transfer from Columbus to Southern California, where I would probably end up living in Temecula.

I am a Blue Jackets season ticket holder now and would like to look into being a Kings season ticket holder if I move out there. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Kings offer a partial season ticket plan with only weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) games? I don't think it would be possible for me to make weekday games.

Any help that you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Temecula would be a little bit of a trek to Staples. You are looknig about about an hour and a half drive.

My wife usually gets me a pack of tickets every year for Christmas. The ticket reps will work something out for you.
The Kings play very few Friday games. The Lakers or Clippers usually play on Friday, so The Kings play a lot of Saturday games and an occassional Sunday.

As far as Southern CA goes. My family is from Ohio, Conneaut originally and before we moved out here we lived in Strongsville, and you won't find a better place on Earth. The weather is incredible here. There are a million things to do, the lifestyle is a little different from the Midwest, but it's easy to adapt too.

Let us know if you end up out here, there is always room for another King's fan

:yo:

Sybil227 01-21-2005 11:57 AM

My wife and I do the half-season plan. It seems that most of the games in the plan are weekend games. It certainly seems they lean that way.
For the few weekday games, I leave work 1/2 hour early (Calabasas), go and pick up my wife (Moorpark) and head down to Staples. It's a little bit of a pain, but usually not any trouble. And, of course, at the end of the drive you get rewarded with hockey, so it's all good.

Game Misconduct 01-21-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Temecula would be a little bit of a trek to Staples. You are looknig about about an hour and a half drive.

The Ducks are a lot closer to Temecula if you're willing to watch them play.

McDonald19 01-21-2005 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
The Ducks are a lot closer to Temecula if you're willing to watch them play.

Yeah cbjfan come over to our board. ;)

Sybil227 01-21-2005 09:37 PM

And don't the Ducks have a ticket plan where they pay you to watch their games? ;)

cbjfan 01-22-2005 07:52 AM

Thanks to everyone for the advice!

Didn't mean to get into a Ducks/Kings holy war in the process ;)

This is just my perception, but from what I have seen on TV, I like the environment better at Staples vs. Arrowhead Pond. Seems a little more passionate.

That's not to say that I wouldn't go to some Ducks games as well. Especially when the Blue Jackets are in town.

Old Hickory 01-22-2005 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbjfan

This is just my perception, but from what I have seen on TV, I like the environment better at Staples vs. Arrowhead Pond. Seems a little more passionate.

:bow: :bow:

TwzKing 01-22-2005 11:57 AM

The pond can get passionate too ... for example.... The Ducks Roast. It's when we alll go down to the pond to watch the ducks get there butts kicked.... =P So it's about 50/50 in the pond and its the only time they sell out too.

McDonald19 01-22-2005 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbjfan

This is just my perception, but from what I have seen on TV, I like the environment better at Staples vs. Arrowhead Pond. Seems a little more passionate.

well to be fair the Ducks market the team to rich businessmen and to orange county well-to-do families so when you watch the games on TV the people sitting in the lower bowl are those people. There are a few thousand true die hard hockey fans sitting in the top.

On another note since your going to be new to the area you will learn how bad traffic is in Southern California. Driving an extra hour to get to a different arena isn't as fun as it sounds when its in backed up traffic. So I'd pick the team thats closer to where you live unless you have a good reason to sit in traffic.

Reaper45 01-22-2005 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19
So I'd pick the team thats closer to where you live unless you have a good reason to sit in traffic.

Kings games!

McDonald19 01-22-2005 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Kings games!

yes but he is a CBJ fan so...

TwzKing 01-23-2005 05:35 PM

Come on how can you not love the GO KINGS GO chant?.......

cbjfan 01-25-2005 04:57 PM

My wife chimed in on all of this and she wants Kings season tickets because she wants to see celebrities. We don't get many of those at Nationwide Arena :handclap:

ILuvLA 01-25-2005 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybil227
And don't the Ducks have a ticket plan where they pay you to watch their games? ;)

:lol :lol

Matt13 01-25-2005 05:38 PM

Seriously you should map quest Temecula to LA. John said an hour and half to get to a game but that is being generous. I bet its closer to 2 hours with afternoon drive traffic and with more and more homes going in along the 15, that corridor is getting busier all the time.

cbjfan 01-25-2005 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbie Verstinks
Seriously you should map quest Temecula to LA. John said an hour and half to get to a game but that is being generous. I bet its closer to 2 hours with afternoon drive traffic and with more and more homes going in along the 15, that corridor is getting busier all the time.

I know its a long way, but I really do like the Kings. Other than the Jackets, they are one of my favorite teams. We'll see how it goes.

Old Hickory 01-25-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbie Verstinks
Seriously you should map quest Temecula to LA. John said an hour and half to get to a game but that is being generous. I bet its closer to 2 hours with afternoon drive traffic and with more and more homes going in along the 15, that corridor is getting busier all the time.

I heard they are building a toll road from South Oc to around Temecula.
Can anyone confirm or deny this?

ILuvLA 01-25-2005 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I heard they are building a toll road from South Oc to around Temecula.
Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I've heard the same thing - only it's a few years away.

McDonald19 01-26-2005 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbjfan
My wife chimed in on all of this and she wants Kings season tickets because she wants to see celebrities. We don't get many of those at Nationwide Arena :handclap:

:lol its not a Lakers game...unless its the stanley cup finals there won't be any celebrities at hockey games...and the celebrities limos can take them to Anaheim if its the Ducks in the finals (Mike Myers, Meg Ryan, etc. were at the Pond in 2003 for the finals)

Have fun with the 2 1/2 hour drive in stand still traffic 41 times a year.

TwzKing 01-26-2005 10:45 AM

Tom Lycus (sp?) Rob Zombie and Mr. T are the only regulars I see........ dont get your hopes up......

Old Hickory 01-26-2005 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwzKing
Tom Lycus (sp?) Rob Zombie and Mr. T are the only regulars I see........ dont get your hopes up......

I have seen quite a few. Cuba Gooding Jr is at a lot of games. Kurt Russell also. It all depends on their schedules. I used to see the singer from Counting Crows all the time but I heard he moved back East


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.