HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Salary Cap: Id give Lucic a 'Hartnall Contract' right now (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1249269)

Alberta_OReilly_Fan 08-20-2012 08:08 PM

Id give Lucic a 'Hartnall Contract' right now

i guess its 6 years cap hit of 4.75 and Hartnall is coming off a 37 goal season. He doesnt play as 'big' as Lucic but the style of game is a physical/aggitating style. He has twice been a 30 goal guy. He has a good rep as a playoff performer/leader. He is 30 and already eligible for ufa.

I think this becomes a comparable that makes alot of sense. Lucic at 4.75 for 6 years is a deal id LOVE. Make it so

Central Scrutinizer 08-20-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan (Post 53734015)
i guess its 6 years cap hit of 4.75 and Hartnall is coming off a 37 goal season. He doesnt play as 'big' as Lucic but the style of game is a physical/aggitating style. He has twice been a 30 goal guy. He has a good rep as a playoff performer/leader. He is 30 and already eligible for ufa.

I think this becomes a comparable that makes alot of sense. Lucic at 4.75 for 6 years is a deal id LOVE. Make it so

Lucic will get more.

Bridges31 08-20-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer (Post 53736095)
Lucic will get more.

But does he deserve it? Im guessing no, unless he finally shows up for the playoffs and scores 30 again this season.

Guiledoom 08-20-2012 09:54 PM

No way he only gets 4.75

I'd love if he does, but I just don't see it being that low.

Central Scrutinizer 08-20-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridges31 (Post 53736755)
But does he deserve it? Im guessing no, unless he finally shows up for the playoffs and scores 30 again this season.

I think he does.

If the Bruins let his contract run out and Lucic becomes a RFA i can see a team offer him upwards of 6m.

Imagine Lucic with Crosby, Lucic with the young kids in Edmonton, or imagine Lucic with the two Sedins. Lucic is about as rare a breed as there is in the NHL.

Bruins need to lock him up now. If he scores 30 again this season then 6m per is what he will demand....and what he'll get.

Dellstrom 08-20-2012 10:33 PM

This contract is good for us. I'm sure he gets more, but not much more.

PlayMakers 08-20-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer (Post 53736985)
I think he does.

If the Bruins let his contract run out and Lucic becomes a RFA i can see a team offer him upwards of 6m.

Imagine Lucic with Crosby, Lucic with the young kids in Edmonton, or imagine Lucic with the two Sedins. Lucic is about as rare a breed as there is in the NHL.

Bruins need to lock him up now. If he scores 30 again this season then 6m per is what he will demand....and what he'll get.

I think he does too (deserve it), and it has very little to do with points. He could never hit 30 or 60 again and he'd still be the only top6 forward in the league who can put the fear of God into the opposition. He changes the complexion of this team. He changes the way teams play (and manage) against you. That is the definition of an impact player, albeit a non-conventional one.

EverettMike 08-20-2012 11:40 PM

It'll be 5.8 for 6 years.

Most confident I've been since my Parise to Detroit prediction.

Mancini0518 08-20-2012 11:52 PM

I wouldn't go higher than 5.75 for 5 years.

Bruwinz37 08-21-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancini0518 (Post 53739959)
I wouldn't go higher than 5.75 for 5 years.

He isnt worth it. At least not yet.

PatriceBergeronFan 08-21-2012 01:38 AM

It's what he's worth, but I think he'll get more. No way in hell does he get $6,000,000+ unless Lucic scores something like 35 goals or is the playoffs MVP.

Mancini0518 08-21-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 (Post 53741047)
He isnt worth it. At least not yet.

Oh, i agree but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt based on the last time Chiarelli put his faith in him. However, 5 goals in his last 32 playoff games has to change and fast.

Fierce1 08-21-2012 05:46 AM

I'd give him what ever it takes to ensure he stays a Bruin but I wouldn't want to go over 5 million on his next deal. He brings a lot to the table but at some point we have to consider his production as a top six forward.

ODAAT 08-21-2012 07:17 AM

What a player gets and what a player is really worth has most often been two different things, but the truth is, if he is given what some here consider an "overpayment", let`s say a million over perceived value for arguments sakes , there will always be those who are worried about the Cap space being used irresponsibly..............however those same fans would be losing their minds if he was moved all for the sake of million bucks.

Doesn`t worry me one bit, one thing Chia has done in his time here, is help me get rid of that fear and belief that ANY Bruin who has potential to be major contributors will leave/be traded/hold out as Mngt. doesn`t want to pay em like it was in the past, Looch is a perfect fit for the Bruins, the Bruins are a perfect fit for Looch, both parties know it, and both parties will make sure it gets done, doesn`t mean Looch doesn`t have some holes in his game but he`s a huge part of this teams success moving forward

Mr Cartmenez 08-21-2012 07:37 AM

Those damn intangibles :D

Lucic is gonna get more, I guess around 5.5m.

ODAAT 08-21-2012 07:42 AM

any way we cut it, gonna be an expensive summer for Chia next year

BubbaBoot 08-21-2012 09:04 AM

With all the high numbers doled out in contracts so far this off-season, I wouldn't be surprised to see that $5.5M or $6M for him. After the disappointing post season, looming contract year and his recent engagement I'm betting he is ready to get very serious and get down to business. If we have a season, I'm betting he earns himself that dough.

Roll 4 Lines 08-21-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaBoot (Post 53745023)
With all the high numbers doled out in contracts so far this off-season, I wouldn't be surprised to see that $5.5M or $6M for him. After the disappointing post season, looming contract year and his recent engagement I'm betting he is ready to get very serious and get down to business. If we have a season, I'm betting he earns himself that dough.

You're right. He's gonna need that cash or his up-coming divorce.

Confound 08-21-2012 09:59 AM

He sure as hell won't get anything north of 5.5 if he has another crap playoff performance.

EverettMike 08-21-2012 10:01 AM

If he hits FA he will get over 6.

Btown 08-21-2012 10:08 AM

I think because PC already payed him well on his first contract that Lucic will be a little more understanding on this contract. I'm saying he will sign a contract around Krejci money.

ODAAT 08-21-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confound (Post 53745971)
He sure as hell won't get anything north of 5.5 if he has another crap playoff performance.

That could be said for 17 other Bruins, saw little of anything resembling a solid playoff performance from any of em`

That said, I`m really not ready to predict too much, it`ll all boil down to performance, if he doesn`t perform, it`ll be reflected in the offer, Chia`s a fair GM, but not stupid, you wouldn`t want to lose a guy like Looch, nor will he be held hostage by him either, as btown stated, Looch got a pretty sweetheart deal in contract #2, #3 will have to be earned big time

ODAAT 08-21-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverettMike (Post 53745987)
If he hits FA he will get over 6.

wouldn`t shock me, and as much as I love the kid, no way in you know what I pay him that $$$ amount, Hartnell money is fair, Flyer fans would/will tell you he brings important intangeables to their team, and as much as I dislike Hartnell, hard to argue that with them

Confound 08-21-2012 10:20 AM

I just don't see him as a 6 million per player, that would be overpayment as of now unless he has a great year.

If he has another 30 goal season, adds in 35 assists and can actually do something in the playoffs then I can see him getting 5.5, pretty fair deal for him too.

Also, he will still be an RFA, that has to give something in this situation.

Oates2Neely 08-21-2012 10:24 AM

5 yrs/ $5m per is 'fair' IF signed right now.

IF signed after this season is over, obviously will depend on what type of season #17 has.

Something tells me Lucic will retire a lifetime Bruin.