HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Around the League 2012-12 I: Gary and Donald sitting in a tree (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1249443)

Freudian 08-21-2012 08:31 AM

Around the League 2012-12 I: Gary and Donald sitting in a tree
 
Neuwirth being super smooth with the media:

"It's true that until now, I have never been an official number one. But I have played just over a hundred games in NHL, that's nothing. I'm starting the season sure that I want to play forty/fifty games and I am really sure that I have the weakest competition (Braden Holtby) I've ever had. I will try to be number one goalie this season. Finally!"


Also

"I see the leaving of Semin as a huge minus for the team, but then again I think it may do some good. He didn’t have the best work ethic. Maybe now when Ovi will be without him, he will put more into hockey. Maybe that’s what the management was going for...

But I think it’s nothing that isn’t well known. If Semin wanted to, he could have been the best player in the world, but he doesn’t want to every day. And that’s wrong."


That's the fourth ex-team mate of Semin with these claims now.

The Shermanator 08-21-2012 11:25 AM

If Semin is worth $7 million when he's not trying how much is he worth when he is?

RockLobster 08-23-2012 03:16 PM

Looks like there's going to be a lockout, based on the comments recently made by Bettman

Here's what they were apparently

Quote:

adater ‏@adater
Sickening RT: @markhmasters Bettman on damage lockout could do: 'We recovered last time bc we have the world's greatest fans'”/agreed

Razor29 08-23-2012 03:30 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403689

Quote:

REPORT: OILERS' YAKUPOV FIGHTING LEG INFECTION AFTER FALL

Lonewolfe2015 08-23-2012 03:34 PM

I have a research paper due in a couple weeks that I decided to make based on the disclosure of information in the NHL, was curious if anyone might be willing to help out by posting/discussing how they feel about the way information is disclosed today.

Such as rules and regulations on tweeting, the lack of injury information being disclosed, trades before they are officially announced, etc.

Ivan13 08-23-2012 03:35 PM

Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

kento19 08-23-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 53805123)
I have a research paper due in a couple weeks that I decided to make based on the disclosure of information in the NHL, was curious if anyone might be willing to help out by posting/discussing how they feel about the way information is disclosed today.

Such as rules and regulations on tweeting, the lack of injury information being disclosed, trades before they are officially announced, etc.

I'd definitely bring up the example of the avs tweeting they signed carkner

PAZ 08-23-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 53805123)
I have a research paper due in a couple weeks that I decided to make based on the disclosure of information in the NHL, was curious if anyone might be willing to help out by posting/discussing how they feel about the way information is disclosed today.

Such as rules and regulations on tweeting, the lack of injury information being disclosed, trades before they are officially announced, etc.

When I hear research paper I instantly think of the pain of going through a hundreds of online peer-reviewed articles. Damn you sciences and being super anal about sources.

On a sidenote, if you want anything on the legal side about it, you could PM Wetcoaster. I believe he's a lawyer who's pretty knowledgeable.

S E P H 08-23-2012 07:50 PM

There will probably be a lockout, but it will finish around November/December, a lot like the NBA.

After thinking about it a bit I really don't mind getting the benefit of the draft and selecting a top 5 player.

Frenchy 08-23-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 53812175)
There will probably be a lockout, but it will finish around November/December, a lot like the NBA.

After thinking about it a bit I really don't mind getting the benefit of the draft and selecting a top 5 player.

I'm with you on this and i always thought that we wont get any hockey till after Xmas , at best.

Lonewolfe2015 08-24-2012 01:21 AM

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1#post53818651

Poll is close, we might be able to tip it back into Lando's favor.

agentblack 08-24-2012 09:20 AM

Players proposal to give top pick based on financial distress
whoa! While i dont agree with the idea, at least its some talk about how the draft
might be done differently, IMO part of this is in response to how EDM is
running their house. Perhaps some other ideas on the draft come from this.

Hennessy 08-24-2012 10:40 AM

It's a valid thought. I don't think that the poorest team should get the 1st pick, but I do think a weighted system that takes into account a team's finances could be looked at.

Ivan13 08-24-2012 10:53 AM

And how would someone decide the level of financial distress of a certain team? This is a ridiculous idea by Fehr and its main goal is to create tension among the owners.

GamingGiant 08-24-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentblack (Post 53821871)
Players proposal to give top pick based on financial distress
whoa! While i dont agree with the idea, at least its some talk about how the draft
might be done differently, IMO part of this is in response to how EDM is
running their house. Perhaps some other ideas on the draft come from this.

I don't agree with this proposed method.

Maybe weigh it more in favor of those teams if they fall within a lottery picks based on their record from that season, but not solely because of their financial situation.

In the end it could stack a "financial distressed" team, who could end up moving markets if things don't pick up to a market that is financial sound.

Razor29 08-24-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 53818769)
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1#post53818651

Poll is close, we might be able to tip it back into Lando's favor.

Landy is up 73 to 66 as of right now.

Maybe we should persuade Oilers fans to vote for him.

GamingGiant 08-24-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landeskogien (Post 53824051)
Landy is up 73 to 66 as of right now.

Maybe we should persuade Oilers fans to vote for him.

Voted Landy.

75/67 Landy has the edge.

agentblack 08-24-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamingGiant (Post 53823771)
I don't agree with this proposed method.

Maybe weigh it more in favor of those teams if they fall within a lottery picks based on their record from that season, but not solely because of their financial situation.

In the end it could stack a "financial distressed" team, who could end up moving markets if things don't pick up to a market that is financial sound.

Whatever they do up doing with the draft i really hope they bar teams from
taking 1st OV in no more than 2 consecutive seasons. 2 years is just a bad bad
team(s) 3 or 4 years is deliberate.

JWK 08-29-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

While the National Hockey League and the NHL Players' Association work to hammer out a new collective bargaining agreement before the September 15 deadline, details have emerged in regards to the league's most recent proposal that was tabled on Tuesday.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the basis of NHL's latest proposal is to reduce the league's financial demands - believed to be approximately $460 million in the league's first proposal - overall, including a $120 million reduction in its Year One demands.

The latest proposal is for a six-year term on the new CBA.

The first three years would come in at fixed, pre-negotiated players' share dollar thresholds: 11 per cent, 8.5 per cent and 5.5 per cent less than the 2011-12 totals in the first three years respectively.

The players would also get a share in "upside hockey-related revenue growth" of over 10 per cent in each of the first three years.

For the final three years of the deal the league and players split revenues 50-50.

The players' share percentages under the league's new definition of hockey-related revenues would be gradually reduced over the course of the six-year deal.

The 2012-13 season would see the players receive a 51.6 per cent cut. In 2013-14 that total would drop to 50.5 per cent, before further dipping to 49.6 per cent in 2014-15.

For the following three seasons (2015-16 through 2017-18) the players would see an even 50 per cent.

The salary cap would see an immediate reduction followed by a gradual rise over the course of the deal.

The cap for 2012-13 - projected to be $70.2 million under the existing CBA - would be cut to a fixed $58 million under the latest proposal.

That number would rise to a fixed $60 million in 2013-14 and then to a fixed $62 million the following year.

Projected cap numbers for the final three years of the deal include: $64.2 million in 2015-16, $67.6 million in 2016-17 and $71.1 million in 2017-18.

The league's proposal did not include an across-the-board reduction (or "rollback") to existing contract values. Necessary adjustments would be financed entirely from a combination of modified contracting practices, increases in league-wide revenue and from the players' Escrow contributions.
This won't happen, but latest offer.

PAZ 08-29-2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWK (Post 53937173)
This won't happen, but latest offer.

That would **** over so many teams if the cap went to 58 mil. I like it.

Skip2myBordyloo 08-29-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAZ (Post 53939569)
That would **** over so many teams if the cap went to 58 mil. I like it.

i like how it hurts the other teams in the division minny , vancity and calgary.

RockLobster 08-29-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAZ (Post 53939569)
That would **** over so many teams if the cap went to 58 mil. I like it.

it wouldn't be great for us either...we're sitting at about 54 million according to capgeek, with O'Reilly still to sign, his contract would most likely put us right up against the cap

Realize 08-29-2012 09:10 AM

Meah, there can't be a lockout.. I need to watch hockey.. really! :shakehead

AV's have to be in Playoffs this year.. I'm gonna feel it ;-)

Colorado Avalanche 08-29-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAZ (Post 53939569)
That would **** over so many teams if the cap went to 58 mil. I like it.

Yeh, would be nice for once to benefit from new cba. Last time we got ****ed probably the worst. Lost Foote and Forsberg.

RockLobster 08-29-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche (Post 53941717)
Yeh, would be nice for once to benefit from new cba. Last time we got ****ed probably the worst. Lost Foote and Forsberg.

But if the players accepted a Cap reduction to 58 million, I don't see how they'd benefit, as I stated earlier, they're already at 54 million with O'Reilly left to sign, signing him would put them right up against the cap.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.