HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=243)
-   -   !(Xbox)! HF HABS GM Connected - ** 1 opening (NJ). Must be active. Join now! ** (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1249481)

Dr Gonzo 08-21-2012 09:08 AM

!(Xbox)! HF HABS GM Connected - ** 1 opening (NJ). Must be active. Join now! **

This will be the thread for the Xbox Habs board GM connected league.

We currently have 30 GMs and will be accepting a few more on a stand-by list.

Anyone signing up should be acquiring NHL 13 in the first few days of release. We want this league to be up and running ASAP after the release, and waiting several weeks for any GM will result in replacing that GM with another GM that is ready to play.

For those that aren't familiar with GM connected, this will give you a good idea:

League name: HF Habs

This is the current lineup for the league:

Eastern Conference:

North East:

Boston Bruins - flavajay - Has joined in game
Buffalo Sabres - Dharvey33 - Has joined in game
Montreal Canadiens - kassian - Has joined in game
Ottawa Senators - adaboost - Has joined in game
Toronto Maple Leafs - happyhab - Has joined in game

South East

Carolina Hurricanes - x Eddie Z x- Has joined in game
Florida Panthers - YEMELIN74 (Division Rep) - Has joined in game
Tampa Bay Lightning - Tim Erixons Dad - Has joined in game
Washington Capitals - Vinny Bombatz - Has joined in game
Winnipeg Jets - Pksubban57- Has joined in game

Atlantic

New Jersey Devils - Sutto84- Has joined in game
NY Islanders - SteelCitySaviour - Has joined in game
NY Rangers - Dr Gonzo - Has joined in game
Philadelphia Flyers - pl4tinum - Has joined in game
Pittsburgh Penguins - Maverik - Has joined in game

Western Conference:

North-West

Calgary Flames - Felkov - Has joined in game
Colorado Avalanche - mixmastermatt - Has joined in game
Edmonton Oilers - MoltenGrog - Has joined in game
Minnesota Wild - Syck Frank (Division Rep) - Has joined in game
Vancouver Canucks - JESUS Price 89 - Has joined in game

Pacific

Anaheim Ducks - Ichibani - Has joined in game
Dallas Stars - noexult - Has joined in game
LA Kings - jfrenaud11 - Has joined in game
Phoenix Coyotes - mchiasson - Has joined in game
San Jose Sharks - canadienshockey - Has joined in game

Central

Chicago Blackhawks - Bud2790 (Division Rep) - Has joined in game
Columbus Blue Jackets - MiLLw00d - Has joined in game
Detroit Red Wings - NiWoTa - Has joined in game
Nashville Predators - Mrb1p - Has joined in game
St Louis Blues - Sshrags - Has joined in game

Reserve List:

The activity check is now over. Everyone that has either sent me a PM, or expressed interest in this thread have been added. The GM's that did not respond have been dropped. If you wish to remain in the league, but don't see yourself on the list, send me a PM. I will put you on the waiting list.

P.M. me if you have any questions, or add me to Xbox. My XBL is Doooms

RULES:

- We will have a representative for each division. These reps will be on the trade committee and rules committee. They will be responsible for vetoing trades if need be, report any unsportsmanlike play in their division, and voting upon rules. If we need to replace a GM, the representatives will bring to the commissioners attention the reason why we should, or should not change them.

Here are the division reps:

Chicago Blackhawks - Bud2790 (Division Rep)
Minnesota Wild - Syck Frank (Division Rep)
Florida Panthers - YEMELIN74 (Division Rep)

Commissioner:

NY Rangers - Dr Gonzo

- We strongly encourage activity. We are aiming for at least 30 games played per season. (30-50 split). If you cannot commit a reasonable amount of time to the league, you will be replaced.

- Trades can and will be overturned by the trade committee if they are deemed unreasonable, or unfair. We are limited to 6 trades per year. So please do not blow your wad in the first 24 hours. Do your best to make realistic trades.

- I will need you to send me your gamertag via PM.

If you disconnect (either by accident or on purpose) you HAVE to re-start the game at the score at the time of the disconnect. This is mandatory.

Trade thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=54103725

The rules are not set in stone yet, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to post them.

As for the team ratings, you can find the Eastern Conference ratings here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...9401--nhl.html

Western Conference:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3847--nhl.html

Price 89 08-22-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 53746103)
This will be the thread for the Xbox Habs board GM connected league.

We currently have 27 GMs and will be accepting a few more.

Anyone signing up should be acquiring NHL 13 in the first few days of release. We want this league to be up and running ASAP after the release, and waiting several weeks for any GM will result in replacing that GM with another GM that is ready to play.

For those that aren't familiar with GM connected, this will give you a good idea:

As soon as we have 30 GM's, we will start picking teams and establish a trade board. We will also take GM's on a reserve basis, since in all likely hood some GM's will have to be replaced at some point.

This is the current lineup for the league:

Dr Gonzo
NiWoTa
Bud2790
Bud's Buddy
Bud's Buddy
Bud's buddy
pl4tinum
kassian
HABbiest
YEMELIN74
JESUS Price 89
poetryinmotion
Bunka Gurndeep
Mrb1p
Chris G
adaboost
Dharvey33
Maverik
Vinny Bombatz
MiLLw00d
Jmac1160
happyhab
jfrenaud11
Felkov
SyckFrank
mixmastermatt
Pksubban57

If I missed anyone, let me know.

We will iron out the rules as soon as the league is full. An activity check will be made in the following week, to make sure all GM's are still interested/committed.

P.M. me if you have any questions, or add me to Xbox. My XBL is Doooms

Can we pick our teams yet?

Mrb1p 08-22-2012 10:38 AM

Can you PM us the time of the team picking ?

Dr Gonzo 08-22-2012 02:50 PM

I was going to wait until all thirty GM's were signed up before opening up the league for picking. 27 isn't bad at all, so I am going to start the activity check.

As soon as that's done, we'll move onto picking teams. Probably by early next week. I'll indicate the date/time in my personal message I will send to all the participants.

Dharvey33 08-22-2012 04:28 PM

We should randomise the team because i have been in simulated leagues before and when the last one comes and sees that the phoenix coyotes or the columbus blu jackets are the only teams available he will probably just take a pass.

Let it be fair i say. Not everyone can be on the net at 9.30 am.

It's just a proposal.

Dr Gonzo 08-22-2012 04:38 PM

One person already asked for the Blue Jackets.

Although if you guys want to randomize it I am open to options. As it stands we'll still do the 'first come first serve' idea, but I have no issues changing it if the majority of the GM's want to.

Vinny Bombatz 08-22-2012 04:46 PM

What's the breakdown of GP vs. SIM?

Dr Gonzo 08-22-2012 04:56 PM

Ideally we would play the most games possible. I am guessing it'll be in the 30-35 range of games played.

If anyone has any suggestions, please post them.

We will need a trade limit, somewhere around the 5-6 range, possibly even less. I'm not a big fan of teams trading half their rosters before the league even starts.

We will also need reps from every division, once we sort out the teams.

Those reps will vote on any league going-on's and will vote to veto trades if they are incredibly unfair.

Let me know what you guys think, and what else we need to consider/decide.

kassian 08-22-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 53784037)
Ideally we would play the most games possible. I am guessing it'll be in the 30-35 range of games played.

If anyone has any suggestions, please post them.

We will need a trade limit, somewhere around the 5-6 range, possibly even less. I'm not a big fan of teams trading half their rosters before the league even starts.

We will also need reps from every division, once we sort out the teams.

Those reps will vote on any league going-on's and will vote to veto trades if they are incredibly unfair.

Let me know what you guys think, and what else we need to consider/decide.

Agree very much on the trade limit part. I think blockbuster trades should be limited to 1 or 2 per GM and marginal trades to 3 or 4.

Dharvey33 08-22-2012 07:03 PM

well i have experience in simulated leagues and something that should be there is a trade comity to accept or reject the trades. I think everyone on hf boards knows their hockey but you never know. For example i don't want the hawks to get tavares without giving up at leats Toews or Kane in the deal.

Plus something like a franchise player that you can't never trade should be implanted as well just for the sake of reality.

I don't think a gm would be crazy enough to trade Malkin or Ovechkin or Stamkos but you never know. Just some proposals out there i was the gm in a league that lasted 3 nhl years which is pretty huge for a simulated league so i think i can give good advices.

Dr Gonzo 08-22-2012 07:08 PM

Definitely, thanks for the input.

Absolutely, a trade committee is essential, that's why I suggested having reps that will veto any trades that are deemed ridiculous or very unfair. As commissioner I'll hold the deciding vote if it goes to a tie.

I've been in sim league since 2005, and it has saved us from some horrible deals. It also promotes parity.

Now, if we want, we can form a separate trade committee, instead of just appointing the reps from each division, but to simplify it I would rather just put the reps in the trade committee.

Benny FTW 08-22-2012 08:14 PM

Randomly

Bud2790 08-24-2012 10:48 AM

I don't mind either way.

YEMELIN74 08-25-2012 07:39 AM

i dont mind

Maverik 08-25-2012 07:55 PM

Random. I'm on vacation with the family. Probably can't be on the boards at that time. If 2 guys want to trade team later, that's cool. Another league I'm in are doing a random draw for draft order.. If anyone wants to bother

kassian 08-26-2012 01:23 AM

Were the teams assigned?

Dr Gonzo 08-26-2012 09:03 AM

Nope, not yet.

As it stands it seems like people are leaning towards assigning random teams, so I'll go ahead do so early this week, probably Monday evening or Tuesday night.

If anyone has a good reason why we shouldn't assign random teams, please post it, thanks!

Dr Gonzo 08-26-2012 09:05 AM

About 60% of the league has confirmed the activity check.

By assigning random teams, we can still get the league going, instead of waiting for people to confirm. If they haven't confirmed by next week they'll get replaced.

Bud2790 08-26-2012 12:45 PM

FWIW, my 3 friends want to pick their own teams. If their votes count, it would be 7-6 for picking teams first come first served.

Dr Gonzo 08-26-2012 12:59 PM

If we go the 'pick your own team' route, there is no guarantee folks would get the team they want, since I assume multiple GM's will want the same teams.

Bud2790 08-26-2012 10:09 PM

Let's just go random I guess!

Bud2790 08-27-2012 09:52 AM

Well I'm not sure if we're going random or picking teams, so I'll post my team + my buddy's choices just in case.

MoltenGrog (buddy #1) : Boston Bruins
sac99 (buddy #2) : Philadelphia Flyers
iStainage (buddy #3) : Colorado Avalanche
bud2790 : LA Kings

Dr Gonzo 08-27-2012 11:26 AM

Hey bud, is that GT different from the one you use to play EASHL with us?

canadiensen4 08-27-2012 11:41 AM

Random would be fine for me ... I don't care about the team really ...

Bud2790 08-27-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 53890563)
Hey bud, is that GT different from the one you use to play EASHL with us?

Yeah, I'm going to use my main GT which is bud2790 !

Edit: So are we going random? I guess so if I'm the only one who's posted my teams loll! And if we go random, do also assign randome players to the teams, like a fake fantasy draft?