HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Your top 6 RW to the Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1249937)

hlaverty06 08-22-2012 09:30 AM

Your top 6 RW to the Devils

Alright there are plenty of Devils threads with Volchenkov/Tallinder etc. etc. so I just want to put them in one thread.

Situation: Devils have a log jam at D with 8 NHL ready Defensemen all signed.

Marek Zidlicky
Mark Fayne
Andy Greene
Anton Volchenkov
Henrik Tallinder
Adam Larsson
Bryce Salvador
Peter Harrold

Ones I dont see moving are Larsson and Fayne. The rest are fair game (if Volch would waive his NTC)

We are set at LW and the C in our top 6 with Kovy Elias, Zajac, Henrique. At RW we have Clarkson, Zubrus, Butler, Tedenby, Sykora (If resigned)....None are really legit top 6 forwards.

Zippy316 08-22-2012 09:38 AM

Zubrus is a good complimentary top-six forward if you ask me.

First off, you have to look at which teams need defense, then see if they expendable pieces up front.

Teams that fit the bill off the top of my head are Detroit (they don't trade much though), Chicago, Edmonton, and I really can't think of others. I don't think we will get a surefire top-six guy from Volchenkov or Tallinder without adding, but there is a solid chance we get a fringe second/third line player like Stalberg plus maybe a prospect or a pick.

hlaverty06 08-22-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 53771489)
Zubrus is a good complimentary top-six forward if you ask me.

First off, you have to look at which teams need defense, then see if they expendable pieces up front.

Teams that fit the bill off the top of my head are Detroit (they don't trade much though), Chicago, Edmonton, and I really can't think of others. I don't think we will get a surefire top-six guy from Volchenkov or Tallinder without adding, but there is a solid chance we get a fringe second/third line player like Stalberg plus maybe a prospect or a pick.

Agreed with Zubrus just hoping maybe get more production from someone.

Would be all for Stalberg if he could play RW, cause of his speed plus Zajac+Kovy passing = profit

Spitsfan67* 08-22-2012 09:48 AM

To Montreal:
Volchenkov

To Devils:
Gionta
3rd 2013

Zippy316 08-22-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 53771541)
Agreed with Zubrus just hoping maybe get more production from someone.

Would be all for Stalberg if he could play RW, cause of his speed plus Zajac+Kovy passing = profit

A lot of people have different interpretations of Stalbergs value. I've seen people throw out deals like Stalberg+McNeil+pick for Volchenkov+Tedenby, then I've seen people not willing to give up Stalberg straight up for Volchenkov.

He probably would be our best, and most reasonable option, the problem is whether Volchenkov or Tallinder is an immediate upgrade over their top four, which they are looking to add to. Are Volchenkov or Tallinder much better than Oduya, Montador, and/or Hjalmarsson, that's the biggest question, and then again, some people think so and some people don't.

Zippy316 08-22-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 (Post 53771677)
To Montreal:
Volchenkov

To Devils:
Gionta
3rd 2013

Eh.

Not too excited on Gionta anymore, to be honest.

Psycho Papa Joe 08-22-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 (Post 53771677)
To Montreal:
Volchenkov

To Devils:
Gionta
3rd 2013

So who are the Habs 2nd line wingers in that scenario?

Psycho Papa Joe 08-22-2012 10:04 AM

Has Andrei Kostitsyn signed yet? Might be worth a look on a one or two year deal.

irishtemper 08-22-2012 10:14 AM

Volchenkov + 4th

for

Cleary + 3rd

?

hlaverty06 08-22-2012 10:37 AM

If cleary didn't have knees of glass

Zippy316 08-22-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishtemper (Post 53772295)
Volchenkov + 4th

for

Cleary + 3rd

?

I would definitely pass on that. Volchenkov's value is definitely more than Cleary's and even then, the Devils would want a lot more than Danny Cleary if they were to trade one of them.

Zippy316 08-22-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 53772757)
If cleary didn't have knees of glass

I will say that it won't baffle me if the Devils don't trade any of the defensemen, and go into the season with Barch, Harrold, and one of the defensemen as the extra guys. They could send Janssen to the minors and have Harrold play forward if needed. Probably is going to be what the Devils do, and trade a defensemen when a team gets hit by injuries or is desperate, like if Detroit goes into the season and realizes that the younger guys like B. Smith and Kindl aren't going to cut it, or a guy like Kronwall or Ericsson gets injured.

Tony Clifton Leaf 08-22-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 53771367)
Alright there are plenty of Devils threads with Volchenkov/Tallinder etc. etc. so I just want to put them in one thread.

Marek Zidlicky
Mark Fayne
Andy Greene
Anton Volchenkov
Henrik Tallinder
Adam Larsson
Bryce Salvador
Peter Harrold

Ones I dont see moving are Larsson and Fayne. The rest are fair game (if Volch would waive his NTC)

We are set at LW and the C in our top 6 with Kovy Elias, Zajac, Henrique. At RW we have Clarkson, Zubrus, Butler, Tedenby, Sykora (If resigned)....None are really legit top 6 forwards.

Kulemin could be of use to you; I'd bet he and Kovalchuck would have fantastic chemistry.

How about:

Kulemin

for

Volchenkov + a pick/prospect

I'm not 100 % sure of Volchenkov's value atm however, so I don't know what prospect/pick would be appropriate. The Leafs could use a physical shut-down D-man though.

mokspeed 08-22-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 53771367)

Marek Zidlicky
Mark Fayne
Andy Greene
Anton Volchenkov
Henrik Tallinder
Adam Larsson
Bryce Salvador
Peter Harrold

Can you rank them based on skill? What lines do they usually play on? (You can exclude Larsson and Fayne as they are untouchable anyways)

hlaverty06 08-22-2012 11:29 AM

I would dig that, at the end of next year if Kulemin can put up 50-60

Zippy316 08-22-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mokspeed (Post 53774005)
Can you rank them based on skill? What lines do they usually play on? (You can exclude Larsson and Fayne as they are untouchable anyways)

It's tough to rank them. I would say Zidlicky and Larsson certainly won't be traded. Fayne is doubtful, Salvador likely won't be traded because he just resigned, and Harrold doesn't have much value. They are all really equally as good. No one player stands out more than the other to me.

heusy_79 08-22-2012 11:47 AM

Henrique, Tedenby, Merrill and a 2nd for Bobby Ryan.

vipernsx 08-22-2012 11:52 AM

Don't you need to add in there that they not only need to be a top6 but on a bargain contract? The price for a solid top6 like that our on an ELC, isn't coming cheap. Signing Sykora for a million bucks and playing him top6 is more likely, IMO.

Kensu 08-22-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heusy_79 (Post 53774485)

have no interest in Ryan with the price tag on him.

bellis25 08-22-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Lol :pullhair:

bellis25 08-22-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipernsx (Post 53774643)
Don't you need to add in there that they not only need to be a top6 but on a bargain contract? The price for a solid top6 like that our on an ELC, isn't coming cheap. Signing Sykora for a million bucks and playing him top6 is more likely, IMO.

Why do they need a bargain contract? -we have plenty of cap space -And I am not opposed to getting gionta back, whom is not on a bargain contract

JimEIV 08-22-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

I'm not manking any claims about Henrique's future potential.....And I'm not casting any aspersions on Bobby Ryan or his play...

But you realize Ryan scored exactly 6 more points this season than Henrique did in his first NHL.

Off year for Ryan and the whole team, Sure.... But your value-o-meter is broken.

SMantzas 08-22-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mokspeed (Post 53774005)

Greene
Tallinder
Salvador
Zidlicky
Volchenkov
Harrold

TOGuy14 08-22-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 53774029)
I would dig that, at the end of next year if Kulemin can put up 50-60

If Kulemin puts up 50-60 points this year and plays his regular stellar defensive game his value would be >> Volchenkov, who is very good at what he does, but too one dimensional

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 08-22-2012 12:20 PM

Gionta for Fayne OR Tallinder + 2nd.