HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Jason Jaffray signed to AHL contract (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1250027)

Hank Chinaski 08-22-2012 12:31 PM

Jason Jaffray signed to AHL contract

Per CJOB:
Quote:

The Winnipeg Jets, in conjunction with the St. Johnís IceCaps, are pleased to announce they have agreed to terms with forward Jason Jaffray on a new AHL contract. As per club policy, terms of the agreements were not disclosed.
http://www.cjob.com/Sports/Local/Story.aspx?ID=1760693

tbcwpg 08-22-2012 12:35 PM

No surprise there, glad it's an AHL contract and not a 2-way NHL one though. Still boggles my mind that there are some Jaffray fans in Winnipeg who want him to receive regular call-ups (I'm looking at you, 1290 callers!)

Canadienjet 08-22-2012 12:49 PM

Very happy to have him back.Might be a player/coach?

garret9 08-22-2012 01:48 PM

He'll be good for St. John's and good for development of the Jets prospects.
Win/win

blues10 08-22-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbcwpg (Post 53775891)
No surprise there, glad it's an AHL contract and not a 2-way NHL one though. Still boggles my mind that there are some Jaffray fans in Winnipeg who want him to receive regular call-ups (I'm looking at you, 1290 callers!)

He's a good veteran presence down on the farm. A charcter guy who has a good relationship with TNSE. I would speculate that he will have a job within the organization when his playing career ends.

1290 callers!!! didn't someone want Lee Goren on the Jets?

tbcwpg 08-22-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blues10 (Post 53778727)
He's a good veteran presence down on the farm. A charcter guy who has a good relationship with TNSE. I would speculate that he will have a job within the organization when his playing career ends.

1290 callers!!! didn't someone want Lee Goren on the Jets?

I agree, I like him on St. John's, I just don't think he's good enough for NHL call-ups. Very happy he's signed there though.

Yes, Lee Goren. Also wanted Jimmy Roy to come out of retirement.

videofarmer 08-22-2012 03:02 PM

Cool, there's one guy that will get to play all season!

Guardian17 08-22-2012 09:42 PM

I'm happy for Jaffray and I look forward to another great season for the IceCaps.

Inflict 08-23-2012 01:15 AM

Glad to see he decided to stick with the organization. He used to be my favourite player for the Moose. I have a soft spot for Jaffray and I am one of those people who think he is a decent 13th forward at the NHL level :blush:.

GermanJetsFan 08-23-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inflict (Post 53793565)
Glad to see he decided to stick with the organization. He used to be my favourite player for the Moose. I have a soft spot for Jaffray and I am one of those people who think he is a decent 13th forward at the NHL level :blush:.

From what I've seen from him last season when he played the 13th forward role for a couple of games there is a short answer for that question: No.

No offense :) but with players like Miettinen, Machacek, Cormier, Klingberg and Telegin battling for that spot, there is no way Jaffray should be on that list.

But you're probably biased I guess? :)

PierreMcGuire* 08-23-2012 04:49 AM

Good signing for the AHL club. Jaffray's a good leader and veteran AHLer that will help make St. John's a better team.

Aerial 08-23-2012 09:26 AM

I imagine they were all waiting a bit to see how he'd recover post-surgery, on Twitter he said he started skating last week or so. Awesome to hear he's recovered so well -- Jaffray is exactly the type of vet you want setting the tone for the prospects, and I'm glad he's staying in our organization.

Samcanadian 08-23-2012 09:55 AM

I think he's accepting the fact that he's an AHL guy and wants to stay with an organization that treats him right. He's a perfect farm-club piece and he's going to help keep some of our prospects in check.

bigplay41 08-23-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadienjet (Post 53776441)
Very happy to have him back.Might be a player/coach?

I was thinking the same thing, Jimmy Roy was a longtime Moose and is now the Director of Player Development. I wouldnt be surprised if Jaffray is still with the organization in some capacity after he retires.