HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Will the "Zucc" be back? (3/25: Agrees to terms) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1251639)

Joey Bones 08-26-2012 11:45 AM

Will the "Zucc" be back? (3/25: Agrees to terms)

Mats Zuccarello was a good foward for the Rangers when he played & he feel that he wasn't really treated right. I feel that he is capable to play in the NHL whether if it's with NYR or not. Just out of curiosity, does anyone else see a comeback for the hobbit?

Killem Dafoe 08-26-2012 11:46 AM

I hope he comes back. I wouldn't care where he played, I thought he had a lot of potential and I think he'll get get another shot someday soon.

BrianBoyle 08-26-2012 11:47 AM

How was he not "treated right"?

Primetime Powerplay 08-26-2012 11:56 AM

Not for the Rangers. The roster is pretty set right now, and he probably won't be able to crack a spot.

Joey Bones 08-26-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJBergy86 (Post 53868729)
Not for the Rangers. The roster is pretty set right now, and he probably won't be able to crack a spot.

Agree. Love Zucc & hope he comes back to broadway, but he will probably try somewhere else before hand.

Joey Bones 08-26-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 53868549)
How was he not "treated right"?

It said in multiple reports that he felt he wasn't "treated right"...... Idk :dunno:

Bird Law 08-26-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Bones (Post 53868815)
It said in multiple reports that he felt he wasn't "treated right"...... Idk :dunno:

Perhaps he should grow a set and man the **** up.

Killem Dafoe 08-26-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Bones (Post 53868815)

I think what he meant by that, was that he wasn't given enough of a chance to play. He thought he was ready for top 6 minutes and wanted to prove that he could do it, but it just didn't happen like that, Torts was moving in another direction and felt the team would do just fine without him.

emodwarf 08-26-2012 12:44 PM

It sucks he broke his wrist when he did. He was adding some much need passing ability and dynamism to an offense that needed his creativity. And if he'd had playoff time to cement a role on the team maybe he wouldn't have booked it back home.

CM PUNK 08-26-2012 12:49 PM

didn't he get hurt atleast twice last year (ankle and wrist) right around the time that he would have gotten a shot due to injuries? can't really blame the rangers for not giving him a shot in that case...

kind of ironic though, after the nash trade and gaborlik being hurt, if the season starts on time i think mza would have had a really good chance to start the season in ny if he had resigned. he would have had till gaborik returns to 'prove' he belonged.

Kershaw 08-26-2012 12:53 PM

Zucc was playing great hockey with Boyler before he went down with injury. What a shame.

Primetime Powerplay 08-26-2012 01:06 PM

I agree, Zucc played well and if it was not for the wrist injury he would have probably cemented a spot. Just terrible luck

eco's bones 08-26-2012 01:38 PM

Personally I think MZA is good enough to play in the NHL--just don't think he's quite good enough to make the current Rangers team better. He could put up some stats in the right situation like PAP but Parenteau's got a lot of holes in his game. Zucc has holes too.

The fact is (as I see it anyway) if a forward can't bust into the top two lines they will have to have other things they can do well and being defensively reliable and good along the boards are things that MZA is not particularly good at. His size works against him. He's not an extraordinary skater either. He's a creative player with the puck but apart from when he's on the pwp he's not really that good at anything.

Glennsoe 08-26-2012 01:47 PM

Let's see how he does against the "world's second best players" first...ok??

CM Lundqvist 08-26-2012 01:59 PM

Don't hate the guy, but not really concerned.

He had some awesome hands and some good passing ability, but I'm not sure if his game translates in the NHL.

Mr Atoz 08-26-2012 02:04 PM

I am so sick of the endless threads about this little twerp that's accomplished nothing in the NHL.

Machinehead 08-26-2012 02:16 PM

NHL? Yes.

Rangers? Dont see it.

Rangerfan4life90 08-26-2012 02:45 PM

I've said this before, MZA will end up going to another NHL team and become PAP part 2.

He didn't get a chance here, and the injury he suffered this season was just bad luck.

Glen Teflon Sather 08-26-2012 03:07 PM

Only in a Rangers' classic rewind

Cresto 08-26-2012 03:48 PM

I don't prefer seeing him back with the Rangers simply because it never made sense to me where he fitted into the team. He was far from a finisher and that was what we desperately needed. Maybe now with more finishers on the team, he can fit in nicely but at the same time, his overall game, size, mentality doesn't translate well to the NHL game, this team's game and so much more.

I think he had a lot of expectation coming into the NHL on our team with our crackable roster when he first played. Being the MVP of the GET-ligaen in the previous year and with his overall commitment to play in the NHL, I could understand how he felt "mistreated" because he wasn't given a prominent enough role/skillful line mates.

Having all that said, I for one has never been a fan of Zucc despite his popularity around here and in general among Rangers fans.

Baby Punisher 08-26-2012 04:08 PM

I was disapointed that Torts can't find a spot for him. He was coming on nicely when he got hurt. I think MZA would fit in nicely on the 3rd line with Boyle & Pyatt.

Barnaby 08-26-2012 04:34 PM

Just because he's a likable guy doesn't mean he's built for the NHL game. I could see him catching on with a bottom feeder if the Rangers give up his rights - but how good is really?

Kershaw 08-26-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby (Post 53874667)
Just because he's a likable guy doesn't mean he's built for the NHL game. I could see him catching on with a bottom feeder if the Rangers give up his rights - but how good is really?

Rangers didn't give him a proper chance IMO. Same thing happened with Erixon. I fear for our non-NA prospects when they jump over to NA. (Hagelin excluded)

Bleed Ranger Blue 08-26-2012 04:40 PM

"Not treated right" is one of my favorite descriptions of a player.

Because, 99% of the time, reality is the player just wasnt good enough to be a full-time NHL player.

Zuccarello is not an exception to that.

Rangerfan4life90 08-26-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue (Post 53874825)
"Not treated right" is one of my favorite descriptions of a player.

Because, 99% of the time, reality is the player just wasnt good enough to be a full-time NHL player.

Zuccarello is not an exception to that.

How exactly was he treated right here?