HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Geek Emporium (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   The Simpsons Tapped Out (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1251819)

Disgruntled Goat 08-26-2012 07:58 PM

The Simpsons Tapped Out

Great game, I downloaded it about 10 days ago, and its so addicting, it's basically The Sims, but with the Simpsons. Best part is it's free, with no crappy advertisements in it either. I need some friends to visit on this game though, so if anybody has an iPhone, download it and add me: thatcromulentguy

Offdapost* 03-01-2013 02:59 PM

figured a thread on this was buried somewhere, its a very addicting game

LickTheEnvelope 03-01-2013 05:09 PM

Funny this was bumped. On TB's mailbox today he mentioned that the CFO of EA stated, a few days ago at a conference, that this Simpsons IOS game has made over $24 million in micro-transactions and because of it EA will now start implementing further micro-transactions into all games moving forward...

(I expect the first scary version of this will be in Sim City...)

karnige 03-01-2013 08:56 PM

love it. hop on 2x a day for about 5 minutes each. love it. like sim city meets sims

Psycho Dad 03-01-2013 09:00 PM

Little peeved that some simple buildings and characters are so ridiculously expensive, so I refuse to spend even a buck on it. But it is addictive, and the humour is decent.

EA had better leave NHL 14 alone. I'm not paying for third jerseys or other core elements. Let people buy power-up packs, sure, but don't touch the game itself.

Dolemite 03-01-2013 09:37 PM

I downloaded and played this since the beginning. To say the early versions were buggy are an understatement. I love the game now. I have a ton of white houses financing my entire game. Tons of fun.

You also should put your gamer tags on so you friend people, and raid their games.

gamerid: azvibe

Disgruntled Goat 03-02-2013 01:02 AM

I'm somewhat weary to post mine, as my town has pretty much every premium building. I got alot of itunes cards for Christmas :facepalm::laugh:

karnige 03-02-2013 10:41 AM

Id - karnige4

My towns a mess and im running out of money. is building white houses the best way to? I have every toon questing almost every second of everyday.

So far looks like brown house gives most cash and others is xp.

robert terwilliger 03-02-2013 10:53 AM

i got a hacked .apk and have just been screwing around with it.

it's fun but i can only play for about 15 minutes at a time.

optimus2861 03-04-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope (Post 60753077)
Funny this was bumped. On TB's mailbox today he mentioned that the CFO of EA stated, a few days ago at a conference, that this Simpsons IOS game has made over $24 million in micro-transactions and because of it EA will now start implementing further micro-transactions into all games moving forward...

I find it really scary how successful the micro-transaction model is in modern gaming. How do people rack up these kind of bills buying little decorations or power-up items and not look at their credit card statements at the end of the month in horror?

One game I play online just released a new patch that allowed previously-purchased items to be leveled up. The catch was that you had to buy those same items again, potentially several times, at a whopping 20 bucks each. One guy in the forums was bragging he'd leveled his item up to level 4. I did the math and pointed out he spent one hundred dollars to do it. The thread was quickly yanked by forum moderators. Can't have the fools realize they're being ripped off.

Oh back on topic: I have Simpsons Tapped Out on my phone, but as with most of these games, refuse to get swindled by the micro-transactions. Kinda fun, but I'll lose interest in it soon enough I imagine.

jw2 03-04-2013 08:52 AM

I've played this since it came out (so about a year... pathetic). Never spent a dime on it. Never do.

Psycho Dad 03-04-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolemite (Post 60766901)
I downloaded and played this since the beginning. To say the early versions were buggy are an understatement. I love the game now. I have a ton of white houses financing my entire game. Tons of fun.

You also should put your gamer tags on so you friend people, and raid their games.

gamerid: azvibe

I use blue houses, they pay every 8 hours. Can't bring myself to use a hacked api, it would suck the fun out of everything.

Hopefully they incorporate Origin into the Android version. Playing the game without seasons/specials/friends is just terrible.

karnige 03-04-2013 08:19 PM

I added a few people yet no one has responded. you guys stop playing already? lol

LickTheEnvelope 03-04-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optimus2861 (Post 60928805)
I find it really scary how successful the micro-transaction model is in modern gaming. How do people rack up these kind of bills buying little decorations or power-up items and not look at their credit card statements at the end of the month in horror?

One game I play online just released a new patch that allowed previously-purchased items to be leveled up. The catch was that you had to buy those same items again, potentially several times, at a whopping 20 bucks each. One guy in the forums was bragging he'd leveled his item up to level 4. I did the math and pointed out he spent one hundred dollars to do it. The thread was quickly yanked by forum moderators. Can't have the fools realize they're being ripped off.

Oh back on topic: I have Simpsons Tapped Out on my phone, but as with most of these games, refuse to get swindled by the micro-transactions. Kinda fun, but I'll lose interest in it soon enough I imagine.

Ya my brother noted the other day that the highest grossing games on Itunes are almost all free to play...

Frankly I can't be bothered to game on my phone and I am not a big fan on micro-transactions.

Janks 03-04-2013 10:26 PM

So addicted to this game. Spent a couple bucks on premium items.

Bought the golden scratch ticket, won 100 donuts. Used 15 on a homer buddha, got Frinks lab. Bought another scratch and won 100, bought duff brewery with the saved donuts. Needless to say, I also have the tireyard fire, and I've only spent about 5 bucks.

jw2 03-05-2013 08:16 AM

I dont think any of the premium characters or buildings are worth spending money on... I've saved up for a few things, but never spent money for them.

anyhow, I thought Homer Buddha was just a premium decoration. It actually gives you different premium items? Interesting...

optimus2861 03-20-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw2 (Post 60997663)
I dont think any of the premium characters or buildings are worth spending money on... I've saved up for a few things, but never spent money for them.

anyhow, I thought Homer Buddha was just a premium decoration. It actually gives you different premium items? Interesting...

At a very low drop rate. According to their wiki page, Frinks Lab has a 0.18% chance for example. You'll usually get a "premium" tree, dumpster, bench, etc.

UFancyHuh 03-20-2013 10:34 AM

great game! android needs to integrated it with EA like iOS.

D Fresh 03-20-2013 03:18 PM

Downloaded a cracked unlimited donuts version.
After that it was fun for a few hours.

Good game though.

karnige 03-20-2013 07:56 PM

add me
karnige4

I need some ppl to peep

gunners14henry 03-20-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Fresh (Post 62045237)
Downloaded a cracked unlimited donuts version.
After that it was fun for a few hours.

Good game though.

android or apple?

D Fresh 03-21-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunners14henry (Post 62066011)
android or apple?

Android

Vikes88 03-21-2013 12:32 PM

I personally love this little game. Fun to see a thread about it!

Vikes88 04-17-2013 04:55 PM

This game now has a social element. If anyone still plays, I'm LightestCheese.

sandman441 04-18-2013 01:04 AM

added a few people from the thread but add me sandman441