HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Datsyuk & Burmistrov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1251903)

Crymson 08-27-2012 02:03 AM

Datsyuk & Burmistrov

http://dchesnokov.tumblr.com/post/30...315/good-deeds

I thought this was a cool story!

Quote:

Some people try to do good deeds and tell the whole world about them. Others just do the good deeds without waiving a flag and pleas for Twitter followers.

Here’s a story for you about one of the most humble people - Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk and how his good deed possibly went further than he thought it would himself.

About 10 years or so ago there was a young boy who lived in the Russian city of Kazan. His name was Alexander. Even though he was about eight at the time, he excelled in hockey. Unfortunately, there were problems with hockey equipment, or lack thereof. So some friends asked Pavel Datsyuk to help. And he did, sending some professional hockey sticks and skates to the boy Datsyuk had never even met.

Right now that boy, who also happens to be a former first round draft pick, is a star forward for the Winnipeg Jets. His name is Alexander Burmistrov.

Who knew this was going to happen?

sully1410 08-27-2012 02:09 AM

That's friggen wicked!

thrillhouse99 08-27-2012 02:20 AM

Very cool!

Is burmistrov really a "star" forward though?

I would have gone with top prospect or something, whatever it doesn't matter.

Paradise 08-27-2012 02:39 AM

Good story.

Hopefully Burmi can not only become the type of quality player Datsyuk is, but also a solid role model for young up and coming players.

HPsauce 08-27-2012 02:49 AM

Burmi's skill with the puck is bar non the best on the team... his hockey sense is way off base. He can learn.

GermanJetsFan 08-27-2012 03:38 AM

That's a little bit strange. When the Thrashers drafted Alex, everybody talked about the relation between Datsyuk and Burmistrov. Dats being his idole as a player and role model off and on the ice. He said that it will be a dream come true when he'll play against him.

But nobody ever said anything about that. Why shouldn't they?

I'm not calling BS on it but it wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't exactly the way everything happend.

voyageur 08-27-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan (Post 53885935)
That's a little bit strange. When the Thrashers drafted Alex, everybody talked about the relation between Datsyuk and Burmistrov. Dats being his idole as a player and role model off and on the ice. He said that it will be a dream come true when he'll play against him.

But nobody ever said anything about that. Why shouldn't they?

I'm not calling BS on it but it wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't exactly the way everything happend.

I watched a good documentary on hockey in Russia a few years ago, and I remember Kazan specifically was a place where the investment in hockey was well behind what it is today (no indoor rinks at the time). This story may not be factual, but it would not surprise me if it was. The rise in hockey in Russia has a lot to do with the efforts current and former NHL players are making in the country.

Lynk 08-27-2012 10:23 AM

Dats is by far my favorite player in hockey for so many reasons. This being one of them.

sully1410 08-27-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk (Post 53889275)
Dats is by far my favorite player in hockey for so many reasons. This being one of them.

Eh. He's overrated :sarcasm:

GrandChelems 08-27-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk (Post 53889275)

Really? I thought if one can spit out semi-coherent garbage all day on twitter (Paul Bissonette), that made you a real hero and a fan favorite. You should re consider this Dats as your favorite, he's just a great player and a great person.

:sarcasm:

JetsHomer 08-27-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 53885795)
Burmi's skill with the puck is bar non the best on the team... his hockey sense is way off base. He can learn.

I'd say Wellwood probably has the most skill with the puck on the team. He just doesn't have the other skills that would make him a great hockey player. Burmi might have those other skills.

epo 08-29-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandChelems (Post 53892369)
Really? I thought if one can spit out semi-coherent garbage all day on twitter (Paul Bissonette), that made you a real hero and a fan favorite. You should re consider this Dats as your favorite, he's just a great player and a great person.

:sarcasm:

What's with the random shot at Bissonette? He's nobody's favourite player and seems like a charitable and overall good person.

DespoticNewt 08-29-2012 12:56 PM

When I first read the headline in the OP's story, I initially thought that Datsyuk was mentoring Burmi. You know, saying things like, "Listen to your coach." and "Don't be a dick."

roccerfeller 08-29-2012 01:09 PM

I love Pavel

and this story is just so frigging awesome

nice find, OP thanks

Crazed Fan 08-29-2012 01:51 PM

thats an incredible story. datsyuk = awesome.

sully1410 08-29-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazed Fan (Post 53948755)
thats an incredible story. datsyuk = awesome.

He's still overrated.

I love how the main board didnt get this till like a week after we did, considering it had everyone's golden child in it.

But still. Super classy.

Lynk 08-29-2012 06:08 PM

I'm not sure if he's overrated.

The guy is the most complete player in the game.

TCsmyth 08-29-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1410 (Post 53950321)
He's still overrated.

I love how the main board didnt get this till like a week after we did, considering it had everyone's golden child in it.

But still. Super classy.

Really Sully, you seriously think Datsuyk is overrated? Methinks you are not watching the games closely enough...guy can pretty much do it all (except run you through the end boards). Burmi seems to have that one:naughty:

LadyJet26 08-30-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epo (Post 53947119)
What's with the random shot at Bissonette? He's nobody's favourite player and seems like a charitable and overall good person.

Lol Bissionnette a good person? He's a dumbass that isn't good for anything but a few laughs

Nice story about Dats and Burmi. To the poster who thinks this story is a little off base. Chesnkov or however you spell his name is Russian American. Has connections everywhere. Its truth there

sully1410 08-30-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCsmyth (Post 53959965)
Really Sully, you seriously think Datsuyk is overrated? Methinks you are not watching the games closely enough...guy can pretty much do it all (except run you through the end boards). Burmi seems to have that one:naughty:

Oh no. He truly is an amazing hockey player, sometimes on here the answer to every question is Datsyuk.

Who has the best hands? Datsyuk

Who is the best two way forward? Datsyuk

What was that movie about the German sub from the 70s? Datsyuk. Das boot. Get it?

So...basically...I'm jealous.

TCsmyth 08-30-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1410 (Post 53965667)
Oh no. He truly is an amazing hockey player, sometimes on here the answer to every question is Datsyuk.

Who has the best hands? Datsyuk

Who is the best two way forward? Datsyuk

What was that movie about the German sub from the 70s? Datsyuk. Das boot. Get it?

So...basically...I'm jealous.

sorry...I'm a little slow...yeah, I see the sarcasm thingy now...carry on;)