HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Anaheim Ducks rival #4 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1251957)

Kalvinators 08-27-2012 09:35 AM

Anaheim Ducks rival #4

1.Kings(37.78%)
2.Red Wings(58,7%)
3.Sharks(92,11)

The ''big trio'' is set, now lets see who we think is our next rival.

Kalvinators 08-27-2012 09:40 AM

Preds

Just for fun a couple of links:
http://ducks.ocregister.com/2011/11/...getzlaf/96533/

SoCalHockey 08-27-2012 09:41 AM

I wanted to say Dallas but over the last couple of years Nashville has become a big pain in our ass while Dallas has tapered off a bit against us. I no longer hold that fear before the game that its an inevitable loss against Dallas. Top it off with our playoff series against Nashville that had it's highs and lows... yeah... Nashville is the right choice.

Kalvinators 08-27-2012 09:51 AM

Dallas is the clear next cut for me. But after the big trio there is definately place for Nashville.

They even took McGratton to troll Syracuse :laugh:

Corey Perry* 08-27-2012 11:34 AM

Dallas, but I can't vote.

Kalvinators 08-27-2012 12:50 PM

Why?

snarktacular 08-27-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalHockey (Post 53888491)
I wanted to say Dallas but over the last couple of years Nashville has become a big pain in our ass while Dallas has tapered off a bit against us. I no longer hold that fear before the game that its an inevitable loss against Dallas. Top it off with our playoff series against Nashville that had it's highs and lows... yeah... Nashville is the right choice.

I'm with you. Dallas was a huge PITA earlier. We just could never win there. Division team. Met in the playoffs a couple of times too. Many hateable players through the years (Ott, Avery, Turco, Ribeiro, etc).

But Nashville games have been more intense lately. Since the playoff series. The teams don't seem to like each other.

mightyquack 08-27-2012 01:55 PM

Pretty tight between Dallas and Nashville, voted for Dallas because of division basically, Preds rivalry still too young for me.

Corey Perry* 08-27-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalvinators (Post 53892627)
Why?

Dallas controlled the division for about a decade from the late 90's to mid 2000's, we've played them twice in the playoffs, we had some big brawls with them in the 90's... What has Nashville ever really done to make them our rivals other than one playoff series and the fact they have/had some pests? If Nashville and Anaheim stayed rivals for a little longer, then maybe they'll pass up Dallas.

Kalvinators 08-27-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky Bunky (Post 53897077)
Dallas controlled the division for about a decade from the late 90's to mid 2000's, we've played them twice in the playoffs, we had some big brawls with them in the 90's... What has Nashville ever really done to make them our rivals other than one playoff series and the fact they have/had some pests?

No i meant what do you mean by ''i cant vote''.

I agree about what you said about Dallas, but while they dominated we kind of sucked (exept 03 Jiggy run for the MVP). So we weren`t affected that much by the fact that they were great.
We couldn`t win them then and we can`t do it now :laugh:

In 90`s Avs and Wings weren`t our rivals just because they were great. Our and Dallas PO series ar in the past (they are not forgotten though) and for me, Nashville now are a little bit bigger rivals because of the recent seasons (not just playoffs). But this again is pretty close and a little spark to that Ducks-Stars rivalry would give Dallas real edge over Nashville (that would be kind of a ''reborn rivalry")

Paul4587 08-27-2012 04:33 PM

Dallas easily. The Salei - Modano incident. The Ludwig Selanne incident that led to a series of brawls. The 2003 and 2008 playoff series. Ott, Avery (briefly), Ribiero, Turco, Modano lighting us up everytime we played them.

Nashville isn't a rivalry. Last season we were 0-4 against them and looked like we didn't even care that they beat us in the playoffs the year before. I would hope that one playoff series and getting our ***** handed to us the past 2 years wouldn't put Nashville in our top 5 rivals.

Edit: Add St. Louis to the next poll. There has been a lot of bad blood between the two teams the past few years.

JabbaJabba 08-27-2012 04:44 PM

Dallas is a good choice. I went with Vancouver though, mostly because I dislike them but there seems to be some tention when they play against each other.

DarthYenik 08-27-2012 05:12 PM

I think this is the part of the theme song that goes... "and the rest"

But I went with Dallas.

Corey Perry* 08-27-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalvinators (Post 53897341)
No i meant what do you mean by ''i cant vote''.

I agree about what you said about Dallas, but while they dominated we kind of sucked (exept 03 Jiggy run for the MVP). So we weren`t affected that much by the fact that they were great.
We couldn`t win them then and we can`t do it now :laugh:

In 90`s Avs and Wings weren`t our rivals just because they were great. Our and Dallas PO series ar in the past (they are not forgotten though) and for me, Nashville now are a little bit bigger rivals because of the recent seasons (not just playoffs). But this again is pretty close and a little spark to that Ducks-Stars rivalry would give Dallas real edge over Nashville (that would be kind of a ''reborn rivalry")

New users can't vote.