HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New Baby Leafs name coming later in the season? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=125201)

leafaholix* 01-21-2005 10:31 PM

New Baby Leafs name coming later in the season?

I'm guessing that the Maple Leafs plan on moving atleast a couple Baby Leafs games to Toronto later in the season and they may announce the team name at that time.

I'm wondering if anyone has read anything new on this topic... ?

Leaf Army 01-21-2005 11:41 PM

Bob Hunter was being interviewed on LeafsTV a couple days ago.

He said the name is chosen and they just have to cover all the final details before they can release it and they still have some design issues to go over with the logo.

He wouldn't give any hints. At first he seemed to be talking as though it would be a traditional sounding name.

But then he started talking about how important it is to have a fresh and new image. He brought up the example of the Toronto Rock who have a modern sounding name and said they felt that was a successful name choice.

So it could go either way really. The only thing he pretty much did confirm is that the uniforms will be blue.

Pulfy14 01-22-2005 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Bob Hunter was being interviewed on LeafsTV a couple days ago.

He said the name is chosen and they just have to cover all the final details before they can release it and they still have some design issues to go over with the logo.

He wouldn't give any hints. At first he seemed to be talking as though it would be a traditional sounding name.

But then he started talking about how important it is to have a fresh and new image. He brought up the example of the Toronto Rock who have a modern sounding name and said they felt that was a successful name choice.

So it could go either way really. The only thing he pretty much did confirm is that the uniforms will be blue.

Ya I saw that inteview. He said he wanted a new look because he want young people to buy that jersey

Volcanologist 01-22-2005 09:35 AM

Quote:

Budizzles?

It Kills Me 01-22-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepNCheese
Budizzles?

:lol: i love it. Maybe some rappers will buy the jerseys.

Leaf Army 01-22-2005 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leafs_fan1001
Ya I saw that inteview. He said he wanted a new look because he want young people to buy that jersey

Well he said that was one of the things they had to consider when coming up with a new name.

He also said they had to consider the tradition aspect as well. He was really wishy-washy.

Christ 01-22-2005 10:30 AM

Quote:

A Toronto team with a blue uniform? Never happen ;)