HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   "The Blood Game" --- Avalanche vs. Red Wings --- March 26, 1997 [FULL GAME] (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1252067)

Lexus 08-27-2012 01:46 PM

"The Blood Game" --- Avalanche vs. Red Wings --- March 26, 1997 [FULL GAME]

I just needed to share this beauty that HockeyWebCaster uploaded on YouTube earlier today.
It's the full game of the famous tilt between the Red Wings and Avalanche on March 26th, 1997.

If you haven't seen this game yet, you sure missed out on something. This one is a dandy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp5HzFHaar4&hd=1

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Buddio 08-27-2012 01:49 PM

0:35:00 is when **** goes down for the lazy.

ashenhigh 08-27-2012 01:51 PM

This is the game that brought the Wings together and set them up for 3 Stanley Cups. :handclap::handclap:

Thanks for Sharing!

Notice right off the bat, Federov playing LD opposite of Larry Murphy on the opening faceoff. Federov is a boss.

S E P H 08-27-2012 01:57 PM

Why is it the Detroit announcers?

Clyde Donovan 08-27-2012 01:58 PM

I really miss the powerhouse West teams pre salary cap in the late 90's/early 2000's. Detroit, Colorado, Dallas, even St. Louis was beastly for a little bit there but they never put it together in the playoffs. You knew when these teams got together it was going to be a great game.

Turrican* 08-27-2012 02:02 PM

I love that this game is on the Red Wings DVD set.
Soooo good.

Sentinel 08-27-2012 02:03 PM

Some game that was! My junior year in college, watched it in the dorm common room.

BlackNgold 84 08-27-2012 02:21 PM

I remember seeing the highlights on sportscenter when i was a kid.. i just remember it almost became referendum on hockey and how classless this player was or that player was. Thats what made that rivalry great or any rivalry for that matter. Each guys personality changes and its brings out the good/bad in everyone... Also love how the ref just let McCarty beat on lemieux.. that made McCarty my favorite non bruin player.

Roland of Gilead 08-27-2012 02:24 PM

Mickey Redmond was a crap announcer back then too.

Hennessy 08-27-2012 02:30 PM

Yes, the sucker punch that Detroit fans are so proud of.

ronnyweed 08-27-2012 02:35 PM

I wish hockey was still like this, now you get a 6 page thread when a player puts his stick on another players stick and it isn't called, and then is further used as an excuse why player A has less points than the previous year due to lack of power-plays

Captain Mittens* 08-27-2012 02:35 PM

One of THE best games ever.

It was even better when they met in the playoffs later that year.

agentblack 08-27-2012 02:40 PM

Avs missed Simon dearly and this was one of those times definitely. He would have killed someone. Avs just got jumped. Good game though, it had everything.

tombombadil 08-27-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 53894493)

Home team used to wear white.

Bruise Bros 2426 08-27-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hennessy (Post 53895511)

At least it wasn't from behind.

What a game and what a rivalry between the two back in the 90's and early 00's. Both highly skilled teams that were very well-rounded.

The Zetterberg Era 08-27-2012 05:13 PM

Glad to say I was at this game, remember everything about it. McCarty should have been tossed, he didn't even get a fighting major which actually stunned even the Wings crowd, with a lot of people around me laughing about how unbelievable that was. Fedorov was outstanding the whole game.

Understand why Avs fans would hate this game. It was a sucker punch, although earned for Claude. As Bowman said afterwards had he just picked up the phone and called Draper, who literally returned a couple weeks before this, had to have facial reconstruction and lost vision in his eye so much so they questioned whether he could every play again. I am sure Chris Simon might have helped a little but the Avs had more big guys in the lineup, it perfect stormed on them. I don't know that anybody could have slowed it down, they had enough. The reason it flipped over was they were getting pushed around again, they got beat up in the media for being timid against the Avs. They just went crazy, the strangest part was the Wings looked like they were going to lose the game for a while in it. I think Keith Jones has said several times the Avs were just stunned and they really just didn't recover from this game the rest of the season.

Lexus 09-28-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 53894493)

Cause the game was broadcasted on "PASS Sports" or just PASS, it was a regional sports network in Detroit, Michigan.

Banana Sandwiches 10-09-2012 11:45 PM

If you really can't stand the Detroit announcers, the fight clips have an ESPN2 feed on Youtube with Gary Thorne and Brian Englom doing commentary.

Personally, I like Mickey Redmond.

Avs_19 10-10-2012 04:24 AM

Can't believe it has been over 15 years since this happened. Back when McCarty had money and wasn't a drunk. Crazy.

newfy 10-10-2012 09:45 AM

Still love seeing that turtle split open all over the ice, most deserved beat down in a long time. Then Vernon buckled Roys knees and cuts him and Forsberg ends up bloodied by little Igor. Awesome game :handclap:

ArGarBarGar 10-10-2012 11:19 AM

It was a great game overall. Mac suckered Claude, but he was able to get the jump on him and caught him sleeping. It had to happen, and that's how it happened.

The fact he was able to score the OT winner after a come from behind third made it all the sweeter. Set the tone for the WCF.

TatarTangle 10-10-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hennessy (Post 53895511)

Yes, because Lemieux plowing Draper's face into the boards from behind causing Draper to have reconstructive surgery is so much better.

Back to your cave