HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   General Sports (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Revenge is best served cold (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=125215)

Fish on The Sand 01-21-2005 11:37 PM

Revenge is best served cold
 
Now that Nash is back and the Suns haven't travelled 10 times in 4 days lol, they are back to their old tricks again, and that is killing the leagues elite. This time returning the ass whooping the Spurs handed them last month. 17 point lead going into the 4th, and Marion absolutly destroyed the Spurs in the 3rd. Not over yet, as 17 point sis hard to overcome, but not impossible, so the Suns have to stay vigilant. If they could blow 19 against the Cavs, they can blow 17 against the Spurs. This will make the Suns the only top nba team to have beaten all of the nba elite this season if they hold on, disproving the soft schedule theory. There is one team the soft schedule certainly applies to and that is Miami.

leafaholix* 01-21-2005 11:47 PM

Outside of quarter #3, this is hardly "destroying".

Son of Steinbrenner 01-21-2005 11:50 PM

:) lead down to 4 :)

Fish on The Sand 01-21-2005 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Outside of quarter #3, this is hardly "destroying".

Well that Pacers so called blowout of the suns was hardly a blowout until the final 5 minutes yet look what that was called.

Fish on The Sand 01-21-2005 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
:) lead down to 4 :)

by 4 do you mean 7? As an aside, Suns are absolutly brutal from the charity stripe tonight.

coyoteshockeyfan 01-21-2005 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
by 4 do you mean 7?

By 7 do you mean 9? :)

I really wish you didnt post this yet though...

Son of Steinbrenner 01-21-2005 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
by 4 do you mean 7? As an aside, Suns are absolutly brutal from the charity stripe tonight.

by 7 do you mean 4.

Fish on The Sand 01-21-2005 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyoteshockeyfan
By 7 do you mean 9? :)

I really wish you didnt post this yet though...

don't worry, I acknowledged the fact that a 17 point lead wasn't exactly safe against the spurs, I know better than to jinx the team. Mind you this is horrible, Suns are turning the ball over and missing layups all over the place.

Son of Steinbrenner 01-21-2005 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
don't worry, I acknowledged the fact that a 17 point lead wasn't exactly safe against the spurs, I know better than to jinx the team. Mind you this is horrible, Suns are turning the ball over and missing layups all over the place.

perhaps because they aren't for real :dunno:

Fish on The Sand 01-22-2005 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
perhaps because they aren't for real :dunno:

I'd say the Suns are still off their game by a considerable margin, and if you can beta the Spurs on an off day, doesn't matter by how much, you are for real.

Son of Steinbrenner 01-22-2005 12:01 AM

lead down to 3


jesus this guy is doing pushups before he has to take foul shots :shakehead

i miss hockey.

AND HE MISSED THEM!!! :lol

Fish on The Sand 01-22-2005 12:03 AM

If the Suns lose Staudemire deserves full blame. 1 point lead now, and Staudemire has been absolutly disgusting from the line.

Son of Steinbrenner 01-22-2005 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
I'd say the Suns are still off their game by a considerable margin, and if you can beta the Spurs on an off day, doesn't matter by how much, you are for real.

wait a second arent you the guy that started this thread?

YUP YOU ARE.

Fish on The Sand 01-22-2005 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
wait a second arent you the guy that started this thread?

YUP YOU ARE.

what's your point? well, Marion finally decided it was time for somebody in white to sink some free throws, and Staudemire decided he was finished choking and the Suns have bought themselves a little bit of breathing room, meaning they can't lose in one shot anymore. When I said if they hang on I didn't mean literally hang on haha, but lets hope they can hold on, as I have a feeing the longer this goes the more it favors the Spurs. This sucks, Suns lose again. ****ing staudemire.

Son of Steinbrenner 01-22-2005 12:09 AM

And The Game Is Tied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Son of Steinbrenner 01-22-2005 12:10 AM

SPURS TAKE THE LEAD AND THAT DIFFERANCE MAKER STEVE NASH MISSED A POSSIBLE WINNER :lol

Son of Steinbrenner 01-22-2005 12:11 AM

was that a 2 point shot?

nope

leafaholix* 01-22-2005 12:12 AM

:lol:

OPWENDE!

Spurs WIN!

coyoteshockeyfan 01-22-2005 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
SPURS TAKE THE LEAD AND THAT DIFFERANCE MAKER STEVE NASH MISSED A POSSIBLE WINNER :lol

Meanwhile, Nash gets the assist on Marion's tying shot.

Fish on The Sand 01-22-2005 12:12 AM

I think it counted as a 3. Marion you are my hero. Now please smack Amare in the head because he choked bigtime.

leafaholix* 01-22-2005 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
:lol:

OPWENDE!

Spurs WIN!

Wait for it... wait for it...

(stupid OT).

Btw, you already look bad... Spurs come back to tie the game, they'll win it.

coyoteshockeyfan 01-22-2005 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
:lol:

OPWENDE!

Spurs WIN!

Thats a funny way to spell "overtime"

Son of Steinbrenner 01-22-2005 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
what's your point? well, Marion finally decided it was time for somebody in white to sink some free throws, and Staudemire decided he was finished choking and the Suns have bought themselves a little bit of breathing room, meaning they can't lose in one shot anymore. When I said if they hang on I didn't mean literally hang on haha, but lets hope they can hold on, as I have a feeing the longer this goes the more it favors the Spurs. This sucks, Suns lose again. ****ing staudemire.

my point is don't count your chickens before they are hatched. jesus man your team just blew the great 17 point lead that you started the thread with the title "Revenge is best served cold." i wonder what my point was :dunno:

Fish on The Sand 01-22-2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Wait for it... wait for it...

(stupid OT).

Btw, you already look bad... Spurs come back to tie the game, they'll win it.

I know I look bad, that was the single worst quarter I've witnessed the Suns play ever. I think that is the firts time they have given up 40 in a quarter this year. Just disgusting. Barry was the difference maker for the spurs in the 4th, and Staudemire just plain choked. I think he was 2 of 9 on free throws that quarter. Suns shooting 60 % as a team, they were 70 going into the 4th, and the Spurs were only 73 but are now 82. Really shows you how something seemingly so trivial can be so important.

Fish on The Sand 01-22-2005 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
my point is don't count your chickens before they are hatched. jesus man your team just blew the great 17 point lead that you started the thread with the title "Revenge is best served cold." i wonder what my point was :dunno:

if you read th epost I said they could easily blow it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.