HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Comrie to Philly Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12523)

peteo 09-19-2003 08:00 AM

Comrie to Philly Proposal

Handzus for Comrie.Thats the best you are gonna do if Philly is interested.His value is going down every day.

s7ark 09-19-2003 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peteo
Handzus for Comrie.Thats the best you are gonna do if Philly is interested.His value is going down every day.

No dice,
Why is his trade value going down every day? He is still the same player he was before, there is no difference. If you really think we are going to send comrie off for less the what he is worth then you will be mistaken. Lowe holds all the cards - we have plenty of capable rookies just dying for a shot at the big times and honestly, we can probably afford to sit on comrie all year if we need to. At some point during the year some team will be struggling offensively or someone will get hurt and they will come looking for comrie. Lowe can afford to be very patient with this situation.

Lowe has always said he is building for a cup contending team after the lockout. All us fans are not expecting anything more then that. But Lowe does know that if comrie is to be deal , it better benefit the Oilers at least as much as the trading team. This isn't a salary dump like Weight. And with Smyth showing promise as a center, we are really not hurting for the moment.

Lowe has all the time in the world and knows this too.

No deal will be rushed through with comrie, It will be the deal Lowe is looking for, or no deal at all...

If you guys are serious about getting comrie, I beleive you have some excellent defense prosepcts that could interest the Oilers. Anything less then that and you are wasting everyones time.

In short, thank you for the interest in our player, but your deal is respectfully declined

jofa 09-19-2003 08:28 AM

ouch... hope not. Handzus is fine, but not someone I'd ever want to see in an Oiler jersey, and not really that great of a return for Comrie...

Digger12 09-19-2003 08:58 AM

I like Handzus, but I like Comrie a bit more. If it's a straight one for one deal, no thanks. If more players from both sides get involved, who knows?

Master Lok 09-19-2003 10:29 AM

Agree with s7ark, if Philly is only offering Handzus then no thanks! Comrie is not a coming UFA or even a restricted free agent so his value doesn' drop dramatically from last week to next MONTH. KLowe can afford to wait.

Chayos 09-19-2003 10:45 AM

Quote:

I counter with Comrie for Pitkanen

Dr_Gonz0 09-19-2003 11:01 AM

Quote:

I would counter with Comrie + Pisani for Hanzus + Woywitka. Seem fair??? If not interested in pisani, a 4th rounder then.