HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1252761)

I am the Liquor 08-28-2012 02:06 AM

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013

Oil Kings are getting close to hitting the ice to defend their title.

Pre-season invitational is Sept 1st and 2nd in St. Albert. Tickets are $10 for individual games or $25 for a day pass (three games).

Regular season starts Sept 20th vs the Kootenay Ice, and they will be raising the WHL Championship banner pre-game.

With the looming NHL lockout, I would encourage people to support the Oil Kings. Who knows? You may not even miss the NHL.

Cloned 08-28-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 53912553)
Oil Kings are getting close to hitting the ice to defend their title.

Pre-season invitational is Sept 1st and 2nd in St. Albert. Tickets are $10 for individual games or $25 for a day pass (three games).

Regular season starts Sept 20th vs the Kootenay Ice, and they will be raising the WHL Championship banner pre-game.

With the looming NHL lockout, I would encourage people to support the Oil Kings. Who knows? You may not even miss the NHL.

If there is a lockout, I expect that we might see some full houses for OK games this season.

Wheatking 08-28-2012 11:08 PM

I was planning on jumping head first into Oil Kings hockey this season. Hopefully others do the same. I can't say I won't miss Oiler hockey but it will definitely make things easier.

Hopefully the Oil Kings don't raise their prices if there is no competition. With absolutely no NHL hockey, there will be a lot of people looking for their fix. Probably even more so than the playoff run since at that time there was the playoffs and the Oilers season had just ended. Keep the very cheap tickets and give people no excuse not to go.

pocketful 08-29-2012 01:03 AM

Will be going to their games when I can even when the NHL resumes.

Moonlapse Vertigo 08-29-2012 01:09 AM

I can't wait to get my hands on a mini-championship banner on opening night.

Auguste Escoffier 08-29-2012 03:19 AM

Let's make this a focal point of our posting, much like the Eskimos and Barons threads. Let's also add fine detail and attention to the first post, with stats, bios, etc. I am hoping for a fantastic season!

joestevens29 08-29-2012 09:22 AM

They need to do a better job of advertising the Oil Kings. Hopefully with a lockout local radio stations as whole will mention that the Oil Kings are playing tonight or what not.

CanadianCommie 08-29-2012 08:38 PM

I got my first media release (as a season ticket holder) and my ticket pack should be in the mail shortly. I'm super stoked for the 20th.

Gentle Jake Virtanen 08-29-2012 09:00 PM

I'm just gonna try and win my tickets on Team 1260 like last year. I went to about 8 reg season and 2 playoff games by winning their twitter contests/calling in.

ales83fan 08-30-2012 12:31 AM

Anyone hear about Gernat? I hear he has inflammation in his shoulder when he does slapshots.

I am the Liquor 08-30-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ales83fan (Post 53964291)
Anyone hear about Gernat? I hear he has inflammation in his shoulder when he does slapshots.

Where did you hear that?

jBuds 08-30-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ales83fan (Post 53964291)

I can't find the blog, but I read shoulder soreness - not limited to just taking slap shots, but persistent. :dunno:

Who gets Pysyk's PP ToI?

ales83fan 08-30-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 53964547)
Where did you hear that?

I went to the Glen Sather clinic yesterday and he was there at the same time. I'm not sure if I'm violating any patient privacy laws, but I was just a client at the same time and I overheard his problems. He has inflammation in his shoulder. Not sure how serious it is though.

If this violates any rules, please take it down.

The Head Crusher 08-30-2012 03:08 PM

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...d=rss-dittrick

Quote:

Note: Fellow Oilers prospect Martin Gernat did not play and hasn't skated yet in training camp. He's still suffering from some ongoing soreness in his left shoulder that was sustained during the 2012 World Junior Championship. He's currently skating on his own and hopes to be ready soon.

puckfan13 08-30-2012 07:23 PM

I'll probably head out to St. Albert one of the two days if not both, hopefully I'll have something to report back. Pretty excited for this upcoming season, more than I can say for any Oilers season in the past 5 or so years.

Oilers4life1987 08-31-2012 06:48 AM

I hope Gernat is okay though. He had an awesome season last year and is looking like a steal for the Oilers org. Let's hope he gets better and starts this season like last year. :D

Wheatking 08-31-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 (Post 53994597)
I hope Gernat is okay though. He had an awesome season last year and is looking like a steal for the Oilers org. Let's hope he gets better and starts this season like last year. :D

I wouldn't say he looks like a steal. There have been a lot of defensemen that have put up big points on good junior teams. He's still very raw and has a LONG way to go. It became very clear when I saw him on the ice with Marincin at the development camp. You can just see that there is more than one year separating them.

Gernat is like Rieder for me. I'm paying close attention and I'm rooting for them...but I doubt either have any major impact in the NHL. I'm not going to let myself get too excited until I see what they do in the AHL.

puckfan13 08-31-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 (Post 53994597)

Yeah not exactly a steal yet I would say, throw that guy in an AHL game now and he would get eaten alive. Lots to learn but he's tracking pretty good so far and shows signs of good development. Jakub Kindl put up points in Kitchener after coming over too and is still putting it together 7 years after being drafted. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Gernat have a presence like Colby Robak on the Wheaties a few years back and transition to the pros like he has (so far).

dnicks17 08-31-2012 06:42 PM

The Oil Kings have hired Sean Brown as an Assistant Coach.

He wasn't the best NHLer, but I bet he'll really help out guys like Gernat, Lowe, Corbett and Sautner.

puckfan13 08-31-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 54008821)

He wasn't the best NHLer, but I bet he'll really help out guys like Gernat, Lowe, Corbett and Sautner.

My good friend was coached by him during the lockout in Bantam AAA in Sherwood Park and still knows him but said he wasn't exactly anything revolutionary as a coach. I'm guessing he'll just sort of be there for video work and toss in his two cents about the pro experience to the young guys that have questions. I guess that's a decent thing to have but I prefer the guys with lots of experience in the trenches of junior hockey like Steve Hamilton.

Also, does this mean (former Oil King) Jesse Pearson won't be back as an assistant?

Wheatking 08-31-2012 10:14 PM

Anyone heading to St.Albert to watch the games? 10 bucks a ticket. Only available at the door. General admission.

SATURDAY
Game 1 - Red Deer vs. Prince George - 11:00 a.m.
Game 2 - Medicine Hat vs. Calgary - 3:00 p.m.
Game 3 - Swift Current vs. Edmonton - 7:00 p.m
SUNDAY
Game 4 - Prince George vs. Medicine Hat - 11:00 a.m.
Game 5 - Swift Current vs. Calgary - 3:00 a.m.
Game 6 - Red Deer vs Edmonton - 7:00 p.m.

I might have to go get my hockey fix. The Oilers development camp was good but I need more right now.

wicked username 09-02-2012 10:50 AM

How did the team look last night?

I am the Liquor 09-02-2012 11:09 AM

They lost 8-2.

I am the Liquor 09-02-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 54008821)

Why would you bet that?

Wheatking 09-02-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 54036929)
They lost 8-2.

I completely forgot about the game. How was the fan turn out?