HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Pittsburgh - Edmonton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1253271)

Jets 08-30-2012 02:45 AM

Pittsburgh - Edmonton

To Oilers
D Ben Lovejoy
D Robert Bortuzzo

To Pittsburgh
F Magnus Paarjavi

Pittsburgh clears the logjam on the blueline of NHL ready prospects and adds a top 6 winger who can hopefully find his potential alongside Sid. Gives him a talented winger to play with while Edmonton bolsters their blueline and gives up an expendable, underahcieving winger.

IButtersI 08-30-2012 02:50 AM

No thanks from Edmonton IMO

duul 08-30-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jets (Post 53965329)
To Oilers
D Ben Lovejoy
D Robert Bortuzzo

To Pittsburgh
F Magnus Paarjavi

Pittsburgh clears the logjam on the blueline of NHL ready prospects and adds a top 6 winger who can hopefully find his potential alongside Sid. Gives him a talented winger to play with while Edmonton bolsters their blueline and gives up an expendable, underahcieving winger.

A 21 year old top 10 pick who could turn into an amazing winger for two AHL Dmen? :yo:

Big McLargehuge 08-30-2012 02:50 AM

I think more highly of Bort than most...but that's an insanely lop-sided deal towards the Penguins.

KevinBieksa3* 08-30-2012 03:06 AM

http://i.imgur.com/f2D03.gif

Edmonton says no, paarjarvi for two ahl players?

(replied because I wanted to use this gif. :D)

Villager 08-30-2012 03:19 AM

No. Way.

SterlingBennett 08-30-2012 03:21 AM

As a Pittsburgh fan, Pens have to add... But to clarify with Oil fans Bortz has upside. Not top 3 upside, but he looks to be a solid 3rd pairing dman, with possible #4 potential... Maybe something like this...

To Edm:
Lovejoy
Bortuzzo
Kennedy

To Pens:
Paarjavi
3rd

Not sure if I'd do the trade. Not knocking Paarjavi, nor trying to just toss in Kennedy (as a lot of Pens fans like to). Simply think that's a more balanced trade.

IButtersI 08-30-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fictionzero (Post 53965521)
As a Pittsburgh fan, Pens have to add... But to clarify with Oil fans Bortz has upside. Not top 3 upside, but he looks to be a solid 3rd pairing dman, with possible #4 potential... Maybe something like this...

To Edm:
Lovejoy
Bortuzzo
Kennedy

To Pens:
Paarjavi
3rd

Not sure if I'd do the trade. Not knocking Paarjavi, nor trying to just toss in Kennedy (as a lot of Pens fans like to). Simply think that's a more balanced trade.

Much better, seems like a decent proposal actually.

oilinblood 08-30-2012 04:16 AM

nope. 5-6 D are dime a dozen. infact we have 20 of them.

infact the only way you can get rid of them is minimum 6 at a time...because pennies are getting eliminated.

kennedy is a cool guy but do not want. we could actually use some size... like that magnus paajarvii kid. Man i wish we could get that Paajarvii kid on the oilers.

Gentle Jake Virtanen 08-30-2012 04:32 AM

At least give us a Dman that we can use on the big club. Engelland maybe?

I'd contemplate

Paajarvi + Peckham

for

Engelland + PIT 2013 1st + PIT 2013 3rd

Human 08-30-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangerine (Post 53965767)

I'd contemplate

Paajarvi + Peckham

for

Bortuzzo is definitely NHL ready.

wej20 08-30-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Punishment (Post 53965447)
http://i.imgur.com/f2D03.gif

Edmonton says no, paarjarvi for two ahl players?

(replied because I wanted to use this gif. :D)

isn't it one AHL player for one NHLer plus an AHLer :naughty:.

Shrimper 08-30-2012 07:10 AM

I'd do it from a Pittsburgh side of things.

TorstenFrings 08-30-2012 07:12 AM

Gotta love the way everyone says " two AHL players" in this haughty way as if Paarjavi has achieved **** in the NHL aside from being picked way too high.

To clarify: I don't think whta PIT gives up here is worth anything much, but neither is MPS.

Shrimper 08-30-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kratzbuerste (Post 53966427)
Gotta love the way everyone says " two AHL players" in this haughty way as if Paarjavi has achieved **** in the NHL aside from being picked way too high.

To clarify: I don't think whta PIT gives up here is worth anything much, but neither is MPS.

No, what we've given up probably wouldn't make Edmonton do this deal as Lovejoy is just the fifth wheel of the car and Bortuzzo hasn't got any real NHL experience other than the 6 games he played earlier this season. Paarjavi is a lot more promising.

vecens24 08-30-2012 07:38 AM

Yeah I think something like Bort and Kennedy for MPS and something else is closer, but that first deal isn't real close.

Fourier 08-30-2012 07:47 AM

There seems to be a strong misconception that the Oilers are lacking in defense prospects. At his point they almost have too many for the number of spots available to them. Right now they have Klefbom, Marincin, Musil, Fedun, Teubert, Gustafsson and Davidson to go along with J.Schultz as their young prospects playing pro that have NHL upside. I did not include Alex Plante, who was an AHL allstar because his days as an Oiler may be near over. Add to that Gernat, Simpson and Laleggia and what this team does not need are more dmen who do not have significant upside.

MeestaDeteta 08-30-2012 08:56 AM

Why the hell does Edmonton do this? Yes, Pajaarvi had a bad year, but we're not moving him for players that don't make our team any better.

Homesick 08-30-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kratzbuerste (Post 53966427)

Paajarvi was ranked higher than 10th in the 2009 draft so you have NO idea what you're talking about.

10/11 Season he was stuck behind Penner and Hall on LW
11/12 Season he was stuck behind Hall and Smyth on LW
12/13 Ralph Krueger has already said that Smyth is going to have to accept a more limited role. I think we could possibly see a top 9 of-
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Paajarvi-Gagner-Yakupov
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky

The Oilers dont really have any LW prospects with top 6 potential. They do have depth at defense with Smid, Petry, Whitney, N.Schultz, Sutton, Potter, Peckham, J.Schultz, Teubert, Marincin, Plante, and Davidson in the NHL/AHL this season.(bolded are on one way deals) Lovejoy isn't an upgrade over any of our roster defenseman, and Bortuzzo isnt any better than the 5 guys we have fighting for a roster spot.

Its a stupid trade based on the the popular misconception that the Oilers need defense. The Oilers have defense; just not elite defense which Lovejoy and Bortuzzo clearly have no potential to bring.

SIDGENO8771 08-30-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fictionzero (Post 53965521)

To Edm:
Lovejoy
Bortuzzo
Kennedy

To Pens:
Paarjavi
3rd

I would do this as a Pens fan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangerine (Post 53965767)

I'd contemplate

Paajarvi + Peckham

for

No from Pittsburgh. Engelland is too valuable as a #5-6 d-man on a good deal and a good enforcer, and we dont need Peckham. Don't want to trade those high picks in a deep draft.

ManByng 08-30-2012 09:04 AM

the thing that people are missing is that the Oilers could have drafted Dalton Thrower, Matt Finn, Ludvig Bystrom, Ville Pokka with their #32 pick in the 2nd round of this years draft...d-men that are probably similar to what is being offered to the Oilers in this proposal, but they passed to draft some forward size instead, as they did in the 3rd and 4th rounds as well. what the Oilers DON'T need is more #3 to #6 d-men....they already have them on the roster and several more on the way in the system...what the Oilers need/want is top 2 d-men so for me i just can't see the Oil doing this trade.

Kshahdoo 08-30-2012 09:05 AM

Lol, in a couple of years Edmonton will get as much for Paajarvi as for Omark. The guy won't get a place in top 6 and leave them to Europe for nothing...

Homesick 08-30-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kshahdoo (Post 53967679)
Lol, in a couple of years Edmonton will get as much for Paajarvi as for Omark. The guy won't get a place in top 6 and leave them to Europe for nothing...

lol at those that think an undersized 25 yr old drafted 97th overall equals a 21 yr old with size and speed drafted 10th overall :laugh:

Kshahdoo 08-30-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homesick (Post 53967745)
lol at those that think an undersized 25 yr old drafted 97th overall equals a 21 yr old with size and speed drafted 10th overall :laugh:

Filatov was 6th overall, and who nowdays cares?

Turrican* 08-30-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kshahdoo (Post 53967935)
Filatov was 6th overall, and who nowdays cares?

Omark also has a ****** entitled attitude.
Magnus has a positive outlook on things.

That is a giant difference.