HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Injury Report: Zach Bogosian to have wrist surgery Friday, out for minimum 3 months (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1253417)

Grind 08-30-2012 01:13 PM

Zach Bogosian to have wrist surgery Friday, out for minimum 3 months

https://twitter.com/BrownScottTN/sta...36793356320768

#NHLJets defenceman Zach Bogosian to undergo surgery Friday on chronic ligament tear in right wrist.

:(

Blackie Dammit 08-30-2012 01:17 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cry:

Grind 08-30-2012 01:17 PM

anyone know anything about chronic ligament surgery recovery time?

garret9 08-30-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grind (Post 53973737)
anyone know anything about chronic ligament surgery recovery time?

Varies... usually between 4 weeks to 6 months but could be shorter even.

Subacute: 4-6 weeks
Chronic: usually around 6 months

King Woodballs 08-30-2012 01:23 PM

Just read his tweet
This ****ing sucks

ICdave 08-30-2012 01:24 PM

Here is the official Statement from the Jets.

According to a source; Bogosian has a ulnotriquetral ligament tear in his right wrist. Usual recovery time for that kind of injury is approximately 3 months

ps241 08-30-2012 01:24 PM

Puzzling that they waited until September to address this issue since he battled this last season?

oh well

Bob E 08-30-2012 01:25 PM

The timing on this seems odd, no? If he was training and found the pain to be too much and wanted to get it fixed, ok - but if he is out 6 months, that puts him out till end of Feb.

King Woodballs 08-30-2012 01:30 PM

Is it not a contract year for him?
Pretty big risk having surgery this late in the offseason

Edit: Approx 3 month recovery

Wonko the Sane 08-30-2012 01:36 PM

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...168022576.html

Quote:

"Winnipeg Jets defenseman, Zach Bogosian, has been diagnosed with a chronic ligament tear in his right wrist. During off-season training, Zach experienced discomfort and was limited in his performance. Zach will thus undergo surgery this upcoming Friday performed by Dr. Thomas Graham at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio."

The Jets did not provide a timetable as to how long Bogosian might need to recover.

YWGinYYZ 08-30-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ps241 (Post 53973923)
Puzzling that they waited until September to address this issue since he battled this last season?

oh well

Agree: this was the injury that kept him out for most/all of his games last year. Very strange that they didn't immediately address it - could be that they thought it may heal, and instead he may have aggravated it during training? :dunno:

Sux. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

CallADocPlease 08-30-2012 01:41 PM

This is really unfortunate, but he picked a good year to have this done seeing as most people are thinking that there will be a lockout for the first couple of months of the season.

HPsauce 08-30-2012 01:42 PM

He'll be back for late October or something. These athletes heal mega fast. Meh.

puck stoppa 08-30-2012 01:49 PM

What does this mean for the pairings to start the year?
Buff Enstrom
Hainsey Stuart
Clits Postma
Meech
????

KingSalamon 08-30-2012 01:50 PM

Man... unfortunate... get well soon Bogo!

I guess this means Postma has a lock on a spot for opening night (should be not have a work stoppage).

JetsHomer 08-30-2012 01:55 PM

Be back in perfect time for the first game of the year!

TCsmyth 08-30-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ps241 (Post 53973923)

oh well

ps...i don't there is too much to head scratch about on this one.

He had the injury last year, it progressed, he was ok to perform. Anybody seen this guy work out in the offseason - he is a beast. Likely that the area remained somewhat vulnerable, tore during the workout regime, and now needs to be addressed.

Sucks...

No Name Poster 08-30-2012 02:13 PM

I need to stop buying jerseys. I am forever jinxed.
Maybe I should go buy an Ovechkin jersey

The day my new number 4 Bogo jersey arrived last year Zach got hurt.
Then he changed his number.
Now he's hurt again.
Sorry jets fans. I take full responsibility

MajorPain 08-30-2012 02:14 PM

Dam...was really counting on him to have a big year. I'll be hoping for a 2-3 months lockout to give extra time for players like Bogo, Crosby, Kesler, etc...to heal properly and be back in top shape.

Bob E 08-30-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WpgMikos (Post 53973899)
Here is the official Statement from the Jets.

According to a source; Bogosian has a ulnotriquetral ligament tear in his right wrist. Usual recovery time for that kind of injury is approximately 3 months

The good news is a ulnotriquetral ligament tear seems to something that can be repaired with not a huge risk of reinjury according to my medical advisor. So if he was experiencing pain, and not performing at peak capability while shooting, etc the procedure should make him pain free and potentially 'good as new'.

That's a comforting and exciting thought.

Bob E 08-30-2012 02:30 PM

My Dr is assuming its a lateral split tear, where the ligament is still attached, but split. Painful, and goes undiagnosed at times as its hard to see in a MRI, apparently. Gets diagnosed as a imflamed ligament rather than tear. I have no idea, just what I'm told.

So good news is its getting fixed and he would be playing pain free.

AtlantaWhaler 08-30-2012 02:46 PM

Two years ago, it was reported that he was playing with that injury for much of the second half of the season. He stated that he was in so much pain playing, that he didn't enjoy hockey for a time. IIRC, he even mentioned some sort of depression because of it. I'll try to find the article...

Edit: I found the quote, but the AJC won't let me access the full article. Maybe I need a subscription for archives?

Quote:

Part of the reason for Zach Bogosian's mid-season scoring slump was that he was bothered by a wrist injury.

It inhibited his ability to shoot effectively. "It bothered me a lot," Bogosian said. "It really hurt to play. I tired to battle through it. I did. The wrist thing was bad. That's why I wasn't always shooting".

Lynk 08-30-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 53975981)
Two years ago, it was reported that he was playing with that injury for much of the second half of the season. He stated that he was in so much pain playing, that he didn't enjoy hockey for a time. IIRC, he even mentioned some sort of depression because of it. I'll try to find the article...

Good memory, I forgot about that.

AtlantaWhaler 08-30-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk (Post 53976025)
Good memory, I forgot about that.

I just figured he was depressed playing for Waddell and Anderson. Plus, he would never be #1 with Hainsey scoring 6 goals a game ;)

Lynk 08-30-2012 03:00 PM

Would make anyone depressed.