HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NHL Fan Petition (Fans Opposing a Lockout) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1253945)

Kveldulvr 08-31-2012 03:01 PM

NHL Fan Petition (Fans Opposing a Lockout)

Hey all, I'm not sure how you feel about the looming threat of an impending lockout and how the NHL is publicly stating that no matter what happens the fans will return just like they have in the past but I personally hate it when someone who has never met me tells the world how I will act or what my opinion is.

I stumbled across a website formed by a group of fans with the expressed intent of applying pressure on the NHL and the owners of its respective clubs by using the only tools available to fans to express the opposition to this impending lockout.

The choice is yours, but if you want to do your part to express your opposition to a lockout and your objection to being treated as a passive fan base please take a moment to check out http://www.youhavetwoweeks.com/index.html

I thought it was worth sharing with HFBoards and its passionate members.

Here's to hoping that the season starts on time!

Kveldulvr

Kane One 08-31-2012 03:08 PM

What, are these things made every day? For the millionth time, this will never happen. Do you seriously think anyone who signs this will boycott the NHL?

There could be a year, or two, or a ten-year lockout. I will continue to watch and welcome them back with open arms the second they come back, just like everyone who signs this.

nhlfan9191 08-31-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaneone (Post 54004391)
What, are these things made every day?

Lol seems like there are two threads like this everyday.

Devils Nick30 08-31-2012 03:12 PM

I signed it, but I doubt it will do much. But maybe you can at least get some publicity.

Kveldulvr 08-31-2012 03:13 PM

Sorry if there are many of these threads going up, I just thought that I would provide some exposure to a potential way for fans to voice their opposition to a lockout if they so desired.

Will it make a difference? I don't know, but what I do object to is the NHL assuming that they speak for me and can use my appreciation of this sport as some sort of leverage in their negotiations.

K

Kveldulvr 08-31-2012 03:15 PM

Just to specify, I did not create this website and am not affiliated with the creators in any way. I simply believe that it is important for the fans to be able to voice their opinion, and this is one way. :)

K

the_fan 08-31-2012 03:15 PM

Unfortunately only the small percentage of fans will likely not come back after another lockout. Most fans will in fact come back no matter what because we as true hockey fans just love the game too much to ignore it.

But I'm all for it that if there is a lockout no fan comes back including myself so the league really sees and feels the consequences they create with their CBA bull *****.

So if there is lockout I hope no one buys tickets and leaves arenas empty when they resume. But like I said, it won't happen because fans wil be back and that's unfortunate.

Dactyl 08-31-2012 03:21 PM

no one on these boards would ever stop watching the sport even if there is a 15 year lockout

Psychoil 09-01-2012 01:01 AM

#youhavetwoweeks? fan boycotting?

Hey, i'm not sure if this is allowed on the main board, but Dan Tencer tweeted about this website called
http://www.youhavetwoweeks.com where fans can sign a petition and boycott some NHL sponsors. Seems like if it gets spread across the internet fast it can gain some momentum. Either way, just figured this is one of the few ways we can make our voices heard with this ongoing joke they call cba negotiations.

Kamal007 09-01-2012 01:02 AM

"dear nhl owners"?? If anything, it should read "Dear NHLPA"

Kane One 09-01-2012 01:34 AM

This might as well be stuck.

Blitzburgh87* 09-01-2012 02:42 AM

Tweeted and followed

StreetSharks 09-01-2012 03:55 AM

Players are the problem, not the owners.

Blitzburgh87* 09-01-2012 04:18 AM

Both are the problem. Stop blaming one side or you're just as bad as them.

Whydidijoin* 09-01-2012 01:08 PM

Both are the problem, but the NHLPA is the one being difficult and unrealistic.

Either way, boycotting sponsors will do nothing.

dan1el 09-01-2012 01:10 PM

It doesn't matter what we do, the fans have no power. Ultimately, we'll always be here when they need us. There's no sense in this.

Karl with a C 09-01-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan1el (Post 54021197)
It doesn't matter what we do, the fans have no power. Ultimately, we'll always be here when they need us. There's no sense in this.

Time to form the NHL Fan's Union

tsujimoto74 09-01-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper Archetype (Post 54021203)
Time to form the NHL Fan's Union

The NHL FU? :naughty:

New Sabres Captain 09-01-2012 01:52 PM

Here's the problem.

You will never get enough numbers to join to make it significant.

They're not going to care if 1000 fans decide to boycott. Maybe not even if 10,000 (over two countries). You need to get probably into the hundreds of thousands before they even notice, and more before it affects their decision making.

That's why efforts like these are doomed to fail.

Bruv 09-01-2012 02:01 PM

I signed the petition thing, but this won't work out.

Krishna 09-01-2012 02:23 PM

Every day there seems to be threads popping up on how the fans can end a potential lockout. None would get anything done. Posters on hfboards are a small minority of the fanbase of the NHL

Hell Zeon* 09-01-2012 02:25 PM

LOL @ the people thinking the players are at fault. The owners want 50% for doing nothing but sitting on their ass while the players have to stay in shape and travel across NA and compete and battle every night.

Of course, the owners deserve their half because they sit there and watch.

Homegrown Kings 09-01-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hell Zeon (Post 54022523)
LOL @ the people thinking the players are at fault. The owners want 50% for doing nothing but sitting on their ass while the players have to stay in shape and travel across NA and compete and battle every night.

Of course, the owners deserve their half because they sit there and watch.

Yeah it's not like the owners have to finance the operations of the entire franchise or anything.

IdealisticSniper 09-01-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 54021429)
The NHL FU? :naughty:

I think "Fan Union of the NHL" is better. ;)

Hell Zeon* 09-01-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan Of Every Anton (Post 54022589)
Yeah it's not like the owners have to finance the operations of the entire franchise or anything.

Not like that number is even comparable to half of the revenue. Oh no, they have to pay the bills!!!