HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Curved My Stick! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1254247)

GLG 09-01-2012 11:20 AM

Curved My Stick!

While getting my gear ready for Friday Night hockey I noticed the TPS RESPONSE XN10 (with a pro pattern P31R - looks like a golf club wedge than a stick curve)... anyway I decided to try & re-shape the curve to a "GILMOUR" straight with a bit of a curve towards the toe. I know it probably screws up the blade molecules but it's better than shelling out $$$ on a curve I don't like. Take a look at the end result.

Happy Fan 09-01-2012 05:45 PM

1 Is that supposed to be a before and after or is that the actual end result?

2 Did you use a stove or hot air gun? what method did you use to bend it?

3 That is an ugly curve.

Danglous 09-01-2012 07:12 PM

I like the curve on the left better

GLG 09-01-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dikkens (Post 54027437)
I like the curve on the left better

This is the end result... I didn't think to take a before & after shot. The picture on the right is simply a close up of the curve.

GLG 09-01-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazedRink (Post 54026061)
1 Is that supposed to be a before and after or is that the actual end result?

2 Did you use a stove or hot air gun? what method did you use to bend it?

3 That is an ugly curve.

1. This is the end result, didn't take a picture of the curve before.

2. Electric Stove, heat up the blade, put it on the floor and stepped on it till the pattern was to my satisfaction, put blade under running cold water for 2 minutes

3. To each his own about curves my friend... Makes passing better for me (just like the TKACHUK pattern circa 2000/01) and you can go top shelf on backhands very nicely (see video from Don Cherry's Rock'em Sock'em w/GILMOUR on a breakaway vs Pittsburgh)

Happy Fan 09-01-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLG (Post 54029331)
1. This is the end result, didn't take a picture of the curve before.

2. Electric Stove, heat up the blade, put it on the floor and stepped on it till the pattern was to my satisfaction, put blade under running cold water for 2 minutes

3. To each his own about curves my friend... Makes passing better for me (just like the TKACHUK pattern circa 2000/01) and you can go top shelf on backhands very nicely (see video from Don Cherry's Rock'em Sock'em w/GILMOUR on a breakaway vs Pittsburgh)

I love backhand shelf goals, its one of my specialties (or so i think :laugh:), I practiced with a flat when i was a kid.. i just got used to doing it on a bigger curve eventually and i can shoot as well as i did before, probably aim a little better with a curved one. I stickhandle a lot with the heel so I have a flat heel about 1/3 of the way up, then put a wicked curve on top of that and I'm good to go.

I've heated up some composite blades and tried to alter them with heat before, it was a terrible idea, the blade broke clean in half with one toe snapper.

GLG 09-02-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazedRink (Post 54029613)
I love backhand shelf goals, its one of my specialties (or so i think :laugh:), I practiced with a flat when i was a kid.. i just got used to doing it on a bigger curve eventually and i can shoot as well as i did before, probably aim a little better with a curved one. I stickhandle a lot with the heel so I have a flat heel about 1/3 of the way up, then put a wicked curve on top of that and I'm good to go.

I've heated up some composite blades and tried to alter them with heat before, it was a terrible idea, the blade broke clean in half with one toe snapper.

This is my 1st attempt with a one piece composite blade so hopefully it doesn't snap. I just wish I had the ca$h then I'd go to a stick company and say here copy this stick!

GLG

Jarick 09-04-2012 01:21 PM

Doesn't look all that different to be honest.

GLG 09-05-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 54082123)
Doesn't look all that different to be honest.

Different to what? This is a picture of the curve AFTER I heated & curved it myself and the close up shot is the same curve just a close up!