HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OT: Michigan Sports Talk Thread II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1254411)

Heaton 09-01-2012 09:05 PM

Michigan Sports Talk Thread II

Continue...

Kronwalled55 09-01-2012 09:37 PM

Turned the Michigan game off 7 minutes into the 1st... Watched Max go into Verlander-mode instead. Good decision :handclap:

sarcastro 09-01-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 (Post 54028389)
Denard Robinson is awful. He is sooooooooooo overrated. He gets annihilated the second he faces a competent defense. He is a garbage version of Tim Tebow.

He's short and he can't throw. Against lousy teams with slow defenses, he can just run around everyone all game and occasionally hit a wide open receiver. When the defense is decent and they cover his receivers, he's screwed. Only time he can complete a pass more than 5 yards down the field is if the guy is absolutely wide open.

He's headed for Randle El territory when he hits the NFL, if he's lucky. I hope he doesn't think he's going to be a pro QB...

Konnan511 09-02-2012 01:02 AM

Tigers, Chippewas, Spartans all won. Solid weekend.

Shoalzie 09-02-2012 07:59 AM

Things are looking up for the Tigers...looking forward to that finale tonight. Max is on the best run he's had as a Tiger...really pleased with him progress.

Denard is a decent athlete but the scary thing is Bama's defense has several athletes on his level. The Michigan offensive line got absolutely clowned. Michigan will be better off with a more traditional QB next year and beyond...Hoke had to stick with Robinson just because he can be a weapon with his feet.

Nazem Gretzky 09-02-2012 01:58 PM

As a frustrated Blue Jays fan, I am more than happy to embrace the Tigers success. Scherzer is a gem.

WingedWheel1987 09-02-2012 09:37 PM

Verlander just destroyed the White Sox.

IU Hawks fan 09-02-2012 09:41 PM

Congrats on the division title, guys. This **** is over.

WingedWheel1987 09-02-2012 10:01 PM

Valverde is garbage. Should have just let JV get the complete game.

newfy 09-02-2012 11:08 PM

Scherzer is looking like he could be a number 1 guy on a lot of teams with the way he has been playing. Fister looked like it after the trade last sseason. If they could both do that in the same season and Verlander play like his usual self, the tigers would be unstoppable.

And this Garcia kid has had a nice couple games, he knows what its like to be in Miggys shoes (literally :laugh: )

Kronwalled55 09-03-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph (Post 54039935)
As a frustrated Blue Jays fan, I am more than happy to embrace the Tigers success. Scherzer is a gem.

Encarnacion vs. the world :laugh:

Syckle78 09-03-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 54047423)
Congrats on the division title, guys. This **** is over.

Nice attempt at a jinx,Sox fan... :laugh:

This is far from over, especially with a 4 game set coming up in a week...

Shoalzie 09-03-2012 07:08 AM

That was a great weekend series but they can't give it back next week...the last 4 games against the Sox back in ChiTown. They've got to clean up on the games with the Indians, Royals and Twins this month...16 games with those 3 teams remaining.

IU Hawks fan 09-03-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syckle78 (Post 54051597)
Nice attempt at a jinx,Sox fan... :laugh:

This is far from over, especially with a 4 game set coming up in a week...

Nah, just my opinion. This team is out of gas.

sarcastro 09-03-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 54053415)
Nah, just my opinion. This team is out of gas.

Well I'd hardly say the Tigers are looking fresh as daisies either...

You look at the schedule and you'd think the Tigers should be in the clear. Problem is, these ****** teams are exactly the ones that the Tigers always seem to lose to. 7 against the Royals. 6 each against the Twins and Indians. 3 against the A's. 3 against the Angels. And that 4-gamer against the Sox.

They always seem to fall flat against the teams they should beat. Not a good sign when the remaining schedule is loaded with those teams. I don't know which team is going to take the division but I highly doubt either one will do much once the playoffs roll around.

Konnan511 09-03-2012 11:09 AM

As I keep saying. We will be fine. Lots of games left, but I confident in the Tigs.

jaster 09-03-2012 02:03 PM

The Tigers have the ability to do some damage in the playoffs. The Sox don't. At least that's what all my friends who are Sox fans tell me :laugh: I would tend to agree though. Tigers have more talent. Consistency (and defense) have been their problem. Can't do anything about the defense, but it can be overcome. It's the consistency that will need to be there if they're to go anywhere in the playoffs.

Blackhawkswincup 09-03-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaster (Post 54057827)
The Tigers have the ability to do some damage in the playoffs. The Sox don't. At least that's what all my friends who are Sox fans tell me :laugh: I would tend to agree though. Tigers have more talent. Consistency (and defense) have been their problem. Can't do anything about the defense, but it can be overcome. It's the consistency that will need to be there if they're to go anywhere in the playoffs.

Sox could take out the Rangers or Yankees easily

JmanWingsFan 09-03-2012 03:23 PM

Eff the Tigers. Tie for first place and crap the bed against the absolutely laughable Indians. WTC is this crap?

Konnan511 09-03-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan (Post 54059587)
Eff the Tigers. Tie for first place and crap the bed against the absolutely laughable Indians. WTC is this crap?

Welcome back. I was wondering where you went. I guess we don't see you when we are winning? I fully expected them to lose this game after this emotional past series.

Blackhawkswincup 09-03-2012 03:46 PM

Dont worry ,, White Sox will blow it tonight

Twins always kill Sox when it matters most

sarcastro 09-03-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 54059223)
Sox could take out the Rangers or Yankees easily

I dunno. I think the Sox have the same problem as the Tigers.

Ace pitcher (Verlander/Sale) has been a bit off lately.
#2 starter (Scherzer/Peavy) is extremely inconsistent, unreliable for big games.
Rest of the starting staff (Porcello/Sanchez/Fister/Liriano/Floyd/Humber/Quintana) is unimpressive due to injuries, inconsistency, and plain lack of talent.
Bullpen has been torched on far too many occasions.
Big bats put up good numbers but the team misses too many easy scoring opportunities.

I'm not sure if the Sox's defense is as bad as the Tigers' or if they are as terrible on the basepaths, but there you go.

Case in point, Tigers lose the opener to the Indians. Bases loaded double play by Boesch and a giveaway run on a throwing error by Avila. There's your ballgame. They're just not the sum of their parts.

Blackhawkswincup 09-03-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcastro (Post 54061415)
I dunno. I think the Sox have the same problem as the Tigers.

Ace pitcher (Verlander/Sale) has been a bit off lately.
#2 starter (Scherzer/Peavy) is extremely inconsistent, unreliable for big games.
Rest of the starting staff (Porcello/Sanchez/Fister/Liriano/Floyd/Humber/Quintana) is unimpressive due to injuries, inconsistency, and plain lack of talent.
Bullpen has been torched on far too many occasions.
Big bats put up good numbers but the team misses too many easy scoring opportunities.

I'm not sure if the Sox's defense is as bad as the Tigers' or if they are as terrible on the basepaths, but there you go.

Case in point, Tigers lose the opener to the Indians. Bases loaded double play by Boesch and a giveaway run on a throwing error by Avila. There's your ballgame. They're just not the sum of their parts.

White Sox matchup well vs Rangers and Yanks though ,, That is why if they make playoffs and were to face one of them I would be very optimistic

jaster 09-03-2012 09:56 PM

Sox match up well against the Yankees, I'd agree. But not the Rangers, even though Chicago did win the season series. Not sure any team matches up well against the Rangers.

Shoalzie 09-04-2012 09:18 AM

Losing a game isn't a death sentence...just keep it from turning back into a multiple game lead and creating more work than necessary. At this point, neither team is safe as long as the lead is only a few games either way. Win your game and put the pressure on the other team to follow suit.