HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Speculation: The 2013-14 Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1254611)

RedWingsNow* 09-02-2012 01:55 PM

The 2013-14 Red Wings

Here are our UFAs and RFAs after this season
Forward
Filppula, UFA -- Resign, $4.5 to $5M cap hit, depending on his season/role
Cleary, UFA -- Let him go. He'll be 34 in December and his body is worn and torn
Drew Miller, UFA -- Tough Call. If he stays under $1M and is willing to sit, worth keeping
Nyquist, RFA -- Sign obviously.
Mursak, RFA -- Hard to say, though I'd like to see him have a shot.

Defense
White, UFA -- Tough call. Only right hand shot we have. If we don't make a trade and if he stays in the $3 to $3.5M range, he's probably worth keeping around.
Kindl, RFA -- All depends on whether he gets an opportunity and does anything with it.
Smith, RFA - Sign him, obviously.

Goalie
Howard, UFA -- It might be a good thing the Wings will be down this year. If Howards' numbers dip as a result, it will result in Jimmy H getting a deal near $3 or $4M. But if the Wings do well, the Wings might have to fork out $5M+ to keep him around. I fully expect Holland to resign him in either scenario.

* the long talked about Howard for Miller trade could become a possibility again if the Sabres have to cut payroll.

So here's my 2013-14 roster

Flip Datsyuk Sammy
Franzen Zetterberg Nyquist
Abdelkader Helm Tootoo
Tatar Andersson Mursak
Eaves Emmerton

Kronwall Smith
Kindl Quincey
Ericsson White
Lashoff
* I expect some kind of veteran signing/trade to change the look of the D, though.
Howard/Gustavsson

I'm not even going to bother with next season's potential UFAs from other teams

TNigs 09-02-2012 03:37 PM

Since you speculated our own UFA and RFA signings I'll speculate on the FA wishlist.
Ryan Getzlaf
Ryane Clowe
Jarome Iginla
Corey Perry
Alexander Edler
And if Howard decides not to return or whatever happens...
Kari Lehtonen
Mike Smith
Of course not all of them but just a few big names out there that would help our team and any other team dramatically.
There's also some HUGE names on the RFA side of things but we won't even pretend that will ever happen.

Frk It 09-02-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Bob (Post 54039877)
Here are our UFAs and RFAs after this season
Forward
Filppula, UFA -- Resign, $4.5 to $5M cap hit, depending on his season/role
Cleary, UFA -- Let him go. He'll be 34 in December and his body is worn and torn
Drew Miller, UFA -- Tough Call. If he stays under $1M and is willing to sit, worth keeping
Nyquist, RFA -- Sign obviously.
Mursak, RFA -- Hard to say, though I'd like to see him have a shot.

Defense
White, UFA -- Tough call. Only right hand shot we have. If we don't make a trade and if he stays in the $3 to $3.5M range, he's probably worth keeping around.
Kindl, RFA -- All depends on whether he gets an opportunity and does anything with it.
Smith, RFA - Sign him, obviously.

Goalie
Howard, UFA -- It might be a good thing the Wings will be down this year. If Howards' numbers dip as a result, it will result in Jimmy H getting a deal near $3 or $4M. But if the Wings do well, the Wings might have to fork out $5M+ to keep him around. I fully expect Holland to resign him in either scenario.

* the long talked about Howard for Miller trade could become a possibility again if the Sabres have to cut payroll.

Flip Datsyuk Sammy
Abdelkader Helm Tootoo
Tatar Andersson Mursak
Eaves Emmerton

Kronwall Smith
Kindl Quincey
Ericsson White
Lashoff
* I expect some kind of veteran signing/trade to change the look of the D, though.
Howard/Gustavsson

I'll take a stab at this.

2013-2014

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Nyquist
Filppula-Jarnkrok-Franzen
Tatar-Helm-Samuelsson
Abdelkader-Sheahan-Tootoo

Get rid of Cleary+Bertuzzi, promote Jarnkrok, Tatar, Sheahan.
Helps us get ready for life after Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and let's make the transition easier.

Kronwall-Ericsson
Quincey-Smith
Kindl-Rob Scuderi/Douglas Murray

I'd really like to trade Quincey + pick/prospect for a better top 4 D, but we'll see what happens.

Howard
Gustavsson

Frk It 09-02-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Bob (Post 54039877)
Abdelkader Helm Tootoo

If that is ever our third line, god help us.

RedWingsNow* 09-02-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 54046501)
If that is ever our third line, god help us.

If Helm is your third line center, you're going to get a skate-and-bang line. Might as well give him the linemates.

I think Helm + Tootoo is something we're going to see a lot of this year. Not a big fan of Abdelakder, but Babcock seems to like him.

Howard35 09-02-2012 11:04 PM

Re-signing Miller is stupid. The guy is a dime-a-dozen player and when you have kids like Andersson who can do the role for cheaper, you let him take it. I am sick and tired of developing kids to give them 4 minutes a night while bland and lackluster veterans do probably the same job they'd do for more. If you're cutting the cord with Cleary, do it with Miller too.

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Filppula - Zetterberg - UFA
Tatar- Helm - Bertuzzi
Abdelkader - Andersson - Tootoo
*let Fil go if he wants 5m a year.
**After Bert is done, Sheahan can get his spot and somehow we need to then find room for Jurco.

Kronwall - Smith
UFA - Quincey
Kindl/White - Ericsson

Howard
Gus

sully61 09-02-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 54046489)

2013-2014

Tatar-Helm-Samuelsson

Helps us get ready for life after Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and let's make the transition easier.

Kronwall-Ericsson
Quincey-Smith

I'd really like to trade Quincey + pick/prospect for a better top 4 D, but we'll see what happens.

Howard
Gustavsson

I really like that offense, not so much the defense. Goaltending is good also. Maybe sign a good defensemen in the off-season. Edler if were lucky.

DATS-O-MATIC 09-03-2012 12:02 AM

1. What did you do with Bert?
2. That D still has too many question marks (6 out of 7 D positions), just like this upcoming season. As of right now:

-Ericsson is a solid #5, size & reach are his only current assets, may never have the hockey IQ to be a solid DEFENSIVE D-man (Mattias Norstrom)

-Kindl is a #6, so cracking the top 4 & beating White/Ericsson/UFA is a HUGE LEAP in one season...like Big E, he lacks more than he brings to the table

-Smith & Quincey both live up to expectations, except that both are on the 2nd pairing
-only Kronwall is slightly above average defensively, rest are somewhat suspect
* I expect some kind of veteran signing/trade to change the look of the D, though.-huge understatement

3. Sammy on the 1st line as a 37 yr. old ?
4. Eaves is probably LTIR or done, hopefully he recovers, rather just keep Miller instead if the only choice is between the 2 as there is too much risk w/Eaves moving forward
5. Emmerton is garbage, waiver fodder
6. Tatar & Mursak trade positions with Gator & TooToo
7. Hopefully Kenny can lock Flip up 4-5 yrs @ $4.5-4.7

Agree with everything else.

Franzen-D-Nyquist
Flip-Z-Sammy
Tatar-Helm-Jarnkrok-goes to AHL to start, but wins a spot by mid season
Gator-Andersson OR Sheahan-Tootoo
Bert, Miller

Kronwall- UFA (right handed shot)
Quincey-Smith
???- ??? (White/Big E/Kindl)

Tomas W 09-03-2012 02:44 AM

Nobody thinks that Brunner is still with us by then?

I dont know much about the guy but apparently DRW sees something in him?

jroc86 09-03-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 54046489)

2013-2014

Tatar-Helm-Samuelsson

Kronwall-Ericsson
Quincey-Smith

Howard
Gustavsson

Really like this lineup^. Also wouldnt be averse to a Robyn Regehr signing for a big bodied shutdown guy. I could also see us taking a shot on Timmonen or Boyle if they dont get extended - they might be a little old, but I still think they'd help out our squad. I anticipate Edler getting resigned this year.

Kronwall - Smith
Ericsson - Boyle
Quincey -Regehr/D Murray/Scuderi
Kindl

Frk It 09-03-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomas W (Post 54051075)
Nobody thinks that Brunner is still with us by then?

I dont know much about the guy but apparently DRW sees something in him?

I really think that he could, I just wasn't sure where to put him, and I already liked the line-up I thought of in my head haha.

Big Poppa Puck 09-03-2012 11:03 AM

Without accounting for other teams UFAs I'd say Captain Bob's looks about right although I think Brunner will be re-signed and I'd drop Emmerton for him.

EDIT: + Bertuzzi. Either Eaves waived or Mursak waived/not re-signed.

irishock 09-03-2012 11:16 AM

Knowing Kenny, itll be

Franzen (35)- Datsyuk (36)- Bertuzzi (39)
Filppula (30)- Zetterberg (34)- Samuelsson (38)
Nyquist-Helm-Brunner (young line)
Tootoo-Abdelkader-Holmstrom (41)

Kronwall (33)- White (30)
Smith (25)- Quincey (28)
Lebda (32)- Chelios (53)

Howard (30)
Hasek (50)

19 for president 09-03-2012 11:33 AM

Nyquist (resigned 2 mil)-Datsyuk-Flipper (resigned 5 mil)
Tatar-Zetterberg-Franzen
Eaves-Jarnkrok-Sammy
Sheahan-Helm-Tootoo
Bert

I think there is a good chance Abdelkader gets moved this year. I can't see why he isn't signed yet if the Wings really wanted him back. I think Cleary will not be resigned. Sheahan will be solid enough defensively and offensively that he'll get a 4th line spot next year ala Abs. Mursak could beat him out but he has to get a chance this year for that to happen, but I don't know if he'll crack the lineup. Tatar puts in a great year in the AHL, gets some callups this year, and gets a 2nd line spot next year. Jarnkrok comes over and gives us our 1st legit 2 way center in that 3rd line spot since Flip vacated it. Flipper gets a good sized raise but the size of that raise could vary significantly depending on the CBA. If the cap goes down, if the UFA age goes up, etc. he may have to settle for less than what is fair market this year. I think this is the reason why Holland hasn't gotten him locked up yet.

Kronwall-UFA (defensive dman)
Smith-Ericsson
Kindl- Dekheyser/ Lashoff

(I think White is gone, Quincey is gone, and that the Wings go big on a guy like Edler or try to secure a really good defensive dman to pair with Kronner.

Howard (4.5 mil per year)
Monster

RedWingsNow* 09-03-2012 12:13 PM

Crap. I forgot Bertuzzi and you know he'll be here

Flip Datsyuk Sammy
Bertuzzi Helm Tootoo
Abdelkader Andersson Tatar
MursakEmmerton

Kronwall Smith
Kindl Quincey
Ericsson White
Lashoff
Howard/Gustavsson

It sucks to think of Bertuzzi and Sammy being part of this team for two more years.
Right now, honestly, I'd like to see this season start looking like this:

Right now, this season, I'd like to see Tatar, Mursak and Nyquist have a shot in the starting lineup.
Instead... because of Nyquist and Sammy, MAYBE only Nyquist gets a shot
it's too bad

Eternal Sunshine 09-03-2012 01:35 PM

Not enough Holland-bringing-back-current-and-former-players-who-are/will be-way-past-their-usefulness jokes in this thread, IMO.

detredWINgs 09-03-2012 03:10 PM

If there's a lockout, it looks like Kronwall and Murray will be playing on the same team in Sweden, so that might add credence to the Murray addition...

Winger98 09-03-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Bob (Post 54055797)
Crap. I forgot Bertuzzi and you know he'll be here

I know Holland probably wouldn't do it, but I'd love to see Bert bought out after this year. Also agree about letting Cleary and Miller walk. I'm also axing Eaves from my lineup, somehow.

Filppula-Datsyuk-Brunner
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen
Tatar-Jarnkrok-Sammy
Abdelkader-Helm-Tootoo
Mursak, Andersson

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-UFA
Quincey-White
Almquist

Howard
Gustavsson

I just think Almquist will look alright this year and work his way into Kindl's spot as Kindl works his way off the team. Jarnkrok will start the year as our fourth line center, but work his way up the order by the end of the year. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gator gone in a trade and Sheahan in the lineup.

FissionFire 09-03-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Bob (Post 54055797)
Right now, this season, I'd like to see Tatar, Mursak and Nyquist have a shot in the starting lineup.
Instead... because of Nyquist and Sammy, MAYBE only Nyquist gets a shot
it's too bad

Damn that useless Nyquist for blocking guys like Nyquist from having a shot. :sarcasm:

Z40 09-03-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40 (Post 54048737)
Re-signing Miller is stupid. The guy is a dime-a-dozen player and when you have kids like Andersson who can do the role for cheaper, you let him take it.

You think Andersson can score 14 goals in a single season? Especially when he doesn't make it past the fourth line, if he's lucky. For cheaper? Andersson is already making $37,500 per year MORE than Miller. Not to mention, he is eligible for $237,500 in bonuses, according to CapGeek. Miller is not. You might want to revise your statement.

I'll never understand why Drew Miller gets ragged on so much around here. He's probably the best "bang-for-your-buck" player we have. He always plays hard every shift.

Winger98 09-03-2012 07:31 PM

we shouldn't want Miller making it past the fourth line, either. He should be a 11th forward who PKs, but if you have the option of either a vet like Miller doing it or a guy with some upside doing it, I think it's better to go with the younger guy with upside. especially since we want to get guys like Bertuzzi, Sammy and Cleary out of the top6/top9 and we appear unwilling to pay a premium for UFA to fill those roles - though some would argue we did pay a premium for Sammy.

fimoknete 09-04-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishock (Post 54054737)
Knowing Kenny, itll be

Filppula (30)- Zetterberg (34)- Samuelsson (38)
Nyquist-Helm-Brunner (young line)
Tootoo-Abdelkader-Holmstrom (41)

Kronwall (33)- White (30)
Smith (25)- Quincey (28)
Lebda (32)- Chelios (53)

Howard (30)
Hasek (50)

lol, this is awesome. i was thinking about similar things since kenny has his head in his butt since several years.

but i think he is doing this:
howard is gone because he asked for more the 2 million a year like flip

Holmstrom (42) - Zetterberg (34) - Samuelsson (38)
Nyquist-Helm-Ritola
Tootoo-Abdelkader-Coetzee
-
Louis-Marc Aubry

Kronwall (33) - Brian Lashoff (23)
Lilja (38) - Quincey (28)
Lebda (32) - Chelios (53)
-
Gleason Fournier

Hasek (50)
Osgood (42)
-
Joey Mcdonald

but dont forget about our best player. his name is random guy. he plays top 6 in different line combos and deliver a 15 goal season playing with datsyuk and zetta. i am curious who it is this season.

irishock 09-04-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fimoknete (Post 54073941)
lol, this is awesome. i was thinking about similar things since kenny has his head in his butt since several years.

but i think he is doing this:
howard is gone because he asked for more the 2 million a year like flip

Holmstrom (42) - Zetterberg (34) - Samuelsson (38)
Nyquist-Helm-Ritola
Tootoo-Abdelkader-Coetzee
-
Louis-Marc Aubry

Kronwall (33) - Brian Lashoff (23)
Lilja (38) - Quincey (28)
Lebda (32) - Chelios (53)
-
Gleason Fournier

Hasek (50)
Osgood (42)
-
Joey Mcdonald

but dont forget about our best player. his name is random guy. he plays top 6 in different line combos and deliver a 15 goal season playing with datsyuk and zetta. i am curious who it is this season.

The hell is your problem?

Osgood comes out of retirement and Draper and Maltby aren't?

jaster 09-04-2012 10:28 AM

I'll give it a go. I guess I'd call this 'what I want to happen within the realm of possibility.' And I'm working under the premise of a $70.2M cap. If it drops, which it probably will, cap hits will be adjusted based roughly on %.

Forwards
UFAs
Filppula - re-sign, $5.5-6M cap hit
Cleary - let him go
Miller - a guy you want to keep, but it depends on how the rest of the roster shakes out, namely Eaves (health) perhaps; if re-signed, $1M
Brunner - who really knows at this point, but I'll err on the side of optimism and say he ends up working out; re-sign, $2M

RFAs
Nyquist - re-sign, $1.5M
Mursak - in a similar boat as Miller perhaps, but I like this kid and am hoping for the best; re-sign, 750k

Defense
UFAs
White - probably depends on several factors (mainly how he plays this season), but as a RH shot and having familiarity with the system, I bet he stays; re-sign, $3.25M

RFAs
Smith - re-sign, $1.5M
Kindl - it's clear to me the Wings just don't have much faith in Kindl, and with potential options like Dekeyser on the horizon, my optimism is stunted; will be let go

Goaltending
UFAs
Howard - re-sign, $4M

Flip - Dats - Brunner
Nyquist - Hank - Mule
Tootoo - Helm - Sammy
Eaves/Miller - Abdelkader - Bert
Mursak
Tatar

Kronwall - Ericsson
Smith - Quincey
UFA - White
Dekeyser

Howard
Gustavsson

EDIT - the UFA dman will probably be the same UFA we sign for this season; however, if that guy is on a one-year contract, hopefully we can snag a top-4 guy next off-season and bump, say, Quincey down to the 3rd pair

FissionFire 09-04-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishock (Post 54074577)
The hell is your problem?

Osgood comes out of retirement and Draper and Maltby aren't?

I heard Gordie Howe and Ted Lindsay aren't signed yet either.....

And I'm guessing they are in discussions with Konstantinov's agent. He'll be their reclamation project for the season.