HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   OT: 2012 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Thread Pt. 2 - Fire Mack Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1254691)

Hammer Slammer 09-02-2012 06:06 PM

2012 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Thread Pt. 2 - Fire Mack Edition

Previous thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1108627

Don't worry, according to the CFL website, we won.

http://i.imgur.com/Vp7sP.png

JustGivingEr 09-02-2012 06:07 PM

LOL.

And good title.

EpochLink 09-02-2012 06:08 PM

So it wasn't LaPo's fault? What excuse will bomber brass say this week?

Diatidialga 09-02-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpochLink (Post 54044217)
So it wasn't LaPo's fault? What excuse will bomber brass say this week?

Well, uh...Stadium and uh......Planetary alignement....

Gm0ney 09-02-2012 06:25 PM

Can you imagine how bad that game would've been if Lapo was still coach. Whew! Dodged a bullet there.

YWGinYYZ 09-02-2012 06:54 PM

Zoinks. Forgot the game was on, tuned in in the 3rd quarter when it was 35-0. :laugh: What a crazy-bad game. The Bombers haven't been shut out since '67, when the Leafs last won the cup - that was a LOOOONG time ago. :laugh: That game was 53-0, so I guess they can take some solace in the fact that it wasn't their worst shut-out. ;)

Lynk 09-02-2012 07:06 PM

I don't watch CFL personally but many condolences to you all today.

Reed Solomon 09-02-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gm0ney (Post 54044435)
Can you imagine how bad that game would've been if Lapo was still coach. Whew! Dodged a bullet there.

Do you really believe that Lapo would have done worse?

He was obviously going to be fired eventually, but he was never the real problem. I think if he was running it, we would have still lost, but it wouldn't have been as horrid.

We clearly replaced a mediocre coach with a horrible one.

Hawker14 09-02-2012 08:20 PM

Ouch.

Seanahue 09-02-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reed Solomon (Post 54046095)
Do you really believe that Lapo would have done worse?

He was obviously going to be fired eventually, but he was never the real problem. I think if he was running it, we would have still lost, but it wouldn't have been as horrid.

We clearly replaced a mediocre coach with a horrible one.

Pretty sure he was using sarcasm.

Reed Solomon 09-02-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanahue (Post 54046255)
Pretty sure he was using sarcasm.

you never know.

roccerfeller 09-02-2012 08:40 PM

I'm at a loss for words

I didn't see the whole game cause I was doing some work, but I caught portions and am now just catching up on post game chatter and what the media has been saying, and it's just hysterical.

I remember in 2010 thinking, when Mack and LaPo were brought in "this is going to be the start of something good"

And

"no way we can get worse than last year with these guys (referring to Kelly era)"

And now I don't know if I trust my thoughts :laugh:

roccerfeller 09-02-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk (Post 54045053)
I don't watch CFL personally but many condolences to you all today.

Haha thanks man. This post actually cheered me up from the shock of seeing the beatdown score. I feel bad for all my buddies that went to the game and made the trip out there.

Actually, I feel bad for all bomber fans that made the trip. The bars in Regina will certainly be making some good coin tonight

Bottoms up fellow bomber fans

broinwhyteridge 09-02-2012 08:45 PM

Nice to see the marked improvement realized today. Mack is working to a plan... it's easy to see.

Shakey Rustie 09-02-2012 09:18 PM

We can only go up from here right? ...right...?:cry:

Gm0ney 09-02-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reed Solomon (Post 54046439)
you never know.

Lol. Yes, sorry, that was sarcasm. Can you actually imagine any aspect of that game being worse?

Guardian17 09-02-2012 09:52 PM

We have not won a Grey Cup since 1990.

I'm so sick of this incompetence.

True North needs to by the Bombers.

puck stoppa 09-02-2012 10:25 PM

Boys, say what you want but it's tough to win in this league without a top QB, and nothing against Elliot. We will be mediocre until we can find one, and trust me once Calvillo leaves MTL they will suck for years to come. As for the rest of the team, I got nothing to say, except that Special Teams Coach Walters should have been fired last year and if not at the end of this year, he is a joke, might as well sign Wade Miller to be the ST coach. Man, I wish I was a bandwagon jumper right now, but Im not so Go Blue! Go 6-3 to end the year and theyll get in, the sked looks favorable but only if they can turn the corner.

Diatidialga 09-02-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian17 (Post 54047619)
We have not won a Grey Cup since 1990.

I'm so sick of this incompetence.

True North needs to by the Bombers.

No, just, no

Bombers have been a community team forever, and should stay that way.

puck stoppa 09-02-2012 10:30 PM

And, Ive never played football so I wouldnt know, but does anyone else think the team was worked to hard in practice this week with the upbeat prackies and running manmakers. Im not making excuses but I know this is a tough sport where guys need their rest, could Burke working them so hard have been a factor? Any football people out with an answer?

PaperRockChamp 09-02-2012 10:36 PM

LOL.. This team is broken... in all aspects.. Two BASIC kickoff returns fumbled in a row. 52-0.

Honestly, this was the most amazing game of football i've ever seen in my life, just in a different way. By the end of it, all 14 of us were were legitimately laughing at the spectacle.. what an unfortunate start to Burke's tenure..

Where to go from here?

GO BLUE!

Puckschmuck* 09-02-2012 11:34 PM

:cry:

razorsedge 09-02-2012 11:36 PM

I completely forgot about the game. When I looked up the score I stopped breathing. Absolutely pathetic. LaPo probably put his foot through his tv seeing that. He gets blamed for the teams overall crappyness, gets fired and the team goes out and lays a greasy coiler. Lapo should sue them for wrongful dismissal, lol.

Reed Solomon 09-03-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorsedge (Post 54049217)
I completely forgot about the game. When I looked up the score I stopped breathing. Absolutely pathetic. LaPo probably put his foot through his tv seeing that. He gets blamed for the teams overall crappyness, gets fired and the team goes out and lays a greasy coiler. Lapo should sue them for wrongful dismissal, lol.

Instead of firing LaPo, Mack should have took the responsibility and tendered his resignation, instead of trying to pass the buck (pierce) and blame the coach.

Aerial 09-03-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpggrown (Post 54048301)
Where to go from here?

Start over. Team and organization is lost in the woods. LaPo was the latest scapegoat, but he wasn't the one to rescue the team either so it hardly matters. So fire everybody of relevance, rebuild the culture from the ground up. It's totally evident that many of the players aren't taking the team or their coaches seriously. And really, why should they, with the constant demonstration of lack of faith in them and in their coaching staff?

Mack, clearly, has to go. But it's not just him. There needs to be a clean slate and a very careful choice of who is going to set the tone for this team going forward.