HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Finland (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   SM-liiga: Semir Ben-Amor cheap-shot on ex-NHL player Ville Peltonen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1254869)

goodoldhockeygame 09-03-2012 06:51 AM

Ben-Amor/ Peltonen Incident
 
hey guys! did you see that game? What do you think about that incident? seems that there will be some police investigation......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZWKZL3zjJQ

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/sm-liiga/a...li_likea%22%7D

anyway imo you can ban player for a long time, but police-investigation has nothing to do there. You cant compare a situation in hockey to real life emotions etc etc.....anyway it was dirty.

Pajicz 09-03-2012 07:36 AM

Why won't these idiots like Ben-Amor and Melart just fight each other...:rant:

Finnpin 09-03-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pajicz (Post 54052083)
Why won't these idiots like Ben-Amor and Melart just fight each other...:rant:

Would be the best scenario but Melart (7th dman) just tries to take our top-3 forward (Yes Ruutu) out of the game in almost every game so it's kinda hard. Plus Ben-Amor was injured almost 1.5 years.

Btw this topic has been discussed a lot in the line-ups thread.

goodoldhockeygame 09-03-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnpin (Post 54052153)
Would be the best scenario but Melart (7th dman) just tries to take our top-3 forward (Yes Ruutu) out of the game in almost every game so it's kinda hard. Plus Ben-Amor was injured almost 1.5 years.

Btw this topic has been disccussed a lot in the line-ups thread.

ok , thx, didnt saw that one. will check it out.

YARR123 09-03-2012 08:43 AM

SM-liiga: Semir Ben-Amor cheap-shot on ex-NHL player Ville Peltonen
 
Firstly, I apologize that I post this in the "wrong" forum, but it was posted in the Finnish sub forum and didn't get much of an audience. I just want to see what you guys think and what you would think if something like this happened in the NHL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZWKZL3zjJQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwkK2K6sNxE

So basically Ben-Amor (a goon) hit's Ville Peltonen (Finnish NT legend, ex-NHL veteran) from behind, takes him down, and just goes bananas on him with punches. According to the official report, Peltonen was knocked unconscious from the first punch, Ben-Amor keeps firing away at now limp Peltonen for another 6-7 punches in the head. All this with no warning to Peltonen who didn't even have the puck, and didn't have any chance to defend himself. I've never seen something like this in a game tbh. It looks like he's deliberately going after Peltonen and trying to injure him. Peltonen is his team's captain and a very appreciated player. This is the equivalent if Donald Brashear would've attacked Steve Yzerman or Mike Modano.

And now Peltonen is in the hospital with reportedly "at least a concussion". Btw this was a pre-season game in the Finnish SM-liiga with Helsinki teams Jokerit vs. HIFK.

Opinions?

BruinsBtn 09-03-2012 08:57 AM

1. They should kick that guy out of the league forever
2. His teammates and the refs should have come to the rescue much quicker

InjuredChoker 09-03-2012 08:59 AM

Ben-Amor is an *******.

FinRuutu 09-03-2012 08:59 AM

I'm a HIFK fan so my opinion would get me an infraction.

Waiting for the Jokerit fans to come and defend this with old clips and pseudo arguments.

JYP88* 09-03-2012 09:01 AM

This is NHL section. Im sick and tired of reading this in finnish newspapers already.

Result: Concussionhttp://static.iltalehti.fi/smliiga/p...etu0309_sm.jpg

Tuomaz 09-03-2012 09:02 AM

Meh. 1 game suspension.

YARR123 09-03-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsBtn (Post 54052745)
1. They should kick that guy out of the league forever
2. His teammates and the refs should have come to the rescue much quicker

Good points. What makes it sicker is that this was a European Trophy game, and ET doesn't have any type of punishment system for these types of cases. Most likely it will be the SM-liiga itself that will ban him for X amount of games (hopefully a VERY long ban) but he can still keep playing in ET games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinRuutu
I'm a HIFK fan so my opinion would get me an infraction.

Waiting for the Jokerit fans to come and defend this with old clips and pseudo arguments.

Yep, the most common thus far has been "HIFK did the same thing during the game".

Btw, the game had already gone out of hand with other cheap-shots and fights, but this one is in a league of its own

YARR123 09-03-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JYP88 (Post 54052813)
This is NHL section. Im sick and tired of reading this in finnish newspapers already.

read the first paragraph of the first post.

Analyzer 09-03-2012 09:06 AM

He seems like a real tough guy attacking people from behind.

Peltonen probably would have tuned this *****'s ass had he had the balls to face him face to face.

He'll probably get a contract from Vityaz's team.

Finnpin 09-03-2012 09:10 AM

Melart's attack on Ruutu that started the whole vendetta in this game...included's also Salmi's attack on Filppula.


htpwn 09-03-2012 09:52 AM

20+ games in the NHL, easily.

It was a deliberate attempt to injure and nothing short of it.

poetryinmotion 09-03-2012 09:56 AM

What's with the club music in the video portraying a vicious attack? :shakehead disgraceful act, that stuff belongs in the octagon not hockey.

LOFIN 09-03-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnpin (Post 54052915)
Melart's attack on Ruutu that started the whole vendetta in this game...included's also Salmi's attack on Filppula.


Agreed. The only difference between these attacks is the fact that Ben-Amor took on "MM95 Kulta-Ville" and actually got his punches in.

Finnpin 09-03-2012 10:06 AM

What goes around comes around.
 
Maybe the first poster should have explained what happend before that.

IFK's Ilari Melart (7th dman) attacks Jarkko Ruutu (believe it or not he is imo Jokerit's top-3 forward) plus this dbag Melart has been trying to get Jarkko out of the game whole last season also.

Jokerit has old school assistant coach Tomek Valtonen now who doesn't eat crap like that what IFK have been throwing around the league for years... Ben-Amor shows the message after Melart's attack... though I admit he went too far there.

Here is Melart's case that started the whole show and IFK's Salmi going after Jokerit star Filppula (after Peltonen case) and that was nothing but head hunting.


RazielMoshman 09-03-2012 10:08 AM

Disgusting. Makes you wonder what some people think, or are made of.

FinRuutu 09-03-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnpin (Post 54053629)
Maybe the first poster should have explained what happend before that.

IFK's Ilari Melart (7th dman) attacks Jarkko Ruutu (believe it or not he is imo Jokerit's top-3 forward) plus this dbag Melart has been trying to get Jarkko out of the game whole last season also.

Jokerit has old school assistant coach Tomek Valtonen who doesn't eat crap like that what IFK have been throwing around the league for years... Ben-Amor shows the message after Melart's attack... though I admit he went too far there.

Here is Melart's case that started the whole show and IFK's Salmi going after Jokerit star Filppula.


Oh that whats going on... Jarkko is just this skill player who is without reason targeted by goon like Melart? :laugh: C'mon, Melart has been asking Jarkko to dance for a season I give you that but there is a reasons for that and Jarkko goes as far as waving his gloves until he runs away.

Semi Ben-Amors actions are not justified by anything you posted here, the other incidents are incidents of their own and weren't even in the same scale of idiotism.

Finnpin 09-03-2012 10:14 AM

^^ Jarkko has orders not to drop his gloves...he is too important player for the club and needs to stay on the ice (check the stats). Melart is 7th dman. Who benefits when they fight and gets thrown out of the game?

Ben-Amor went too far there...stupid move definately but IFK fans should remember the way the IFK plays the game that sometime you will bleed too.

And Salmi's case is equal idiotism with Ben-Amor.

Latex* 09-03-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOFIN (Post 54053611)
Agreed. The only difference between these attacks is the fact that Ben-Amor took on "MM95 Kulta-Ville" and actually got his punches in.

Jarkko clearly said something to Melart. Then didn't fight.

Nice to see him fight Liivik like a man though.

FinRuutu 09-03-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnpin (Post 54053761)
^^ Jarkko has orders not to drop his gloves...he is too important player for the club and needs to stay on the ice (check the stats). Melart is 7th dman. Who benefits when they fight and gets thrown out of the game?

If Jarkko has been ordered not to drop his gloves because he is too valuable player he should keep his mouth shut.

And he did drop gloves against Liivik after leaving Melart without a dance partner earlier in the same game. Funny how the orders work.

Finnpin 09-03-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinRuutu (Post 54053827)
And he did drop gloves against Liivik after leaving Melart without a dance partner earlier in the same game. Funny how the orders work.

Jarkko dropped mits in the 3rd when the game was already over...Melart attacked him in the beginning. Understand?

FinRuutu 09-03-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnpin (Post 54053863)
Jarkko dropped mits in the 3rd when the game was already over...Melart attacked him in the beginning. Understand?

Yes, the orders are that Jarkko can fight when it suits him. :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.