HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Geek Emporium (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   World Of Warcraft: MoP edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1254925)

Francesa 09-03-2012 12:25 PM

World Of Warcraft: MoP edition

Panda :help:

Resume discussion after other thread closes

BeBen* 09-03-2012 01:28 PM

I'd get it for Pokemon considering all the rare TCG pets i got

But then i remember it's 60$ plus 15$ monthly and i'm like **** this

I'll try it out when they become desperate again and give out free upgrades to pandaland

karnige 09-03-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeBen (Post 54056075)
I'd get it for Pokemon considering all the rare TCG pets i got

But then i remember it's 60$ plus 15$ monthly and i'm like **** this

I'll try it out when they become desperate again and give out free upgrades to pandaland

well the regular mists expanion is 39.99. so a little but better

dnicks17 09-03-2012 01:56 PM

Just having the ability to blacklist two BGs(definitely AV and IoC) from random BGing almost makes this game worth buying.

edit: That's if it actually works. It doesn't right now. So dumb.

WarriorOfGandhi 09-03-2012 02:46 PM

You look a little parched

karnige 09-03-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 54056629)
Just having the ability to blacklist two BGs(definitely AV and IoC) from random BGing almost makes this game worth buying.

edit: That's if it actually works. It doesn't right now. So dumb.

wow if that's true I can't wait. some of the bgs are just.... ugh

Garbage Goal 09-04-2012 10:28 PM

Blizzard support sucks big fat donkey balls.

Mort Divine 09-04-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 54095375)
Blizzard support sucks big fat donkey balls.

Blizzard has one of the best support staffs around.

dnicks17 09-05-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mort Divine (Post 54096451)
Blizzard has one of the best support staffs around.

Yeah, once you actually get ahold of one of their staff members.

kingsholygrail 09-05-2012 05:56 AM

Gooch 09-05-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 54099917)
Yeah, once you actually get ahold of one of their staff members.

Yeah, I gotta say when I actually get to speak to someone they're usually super helpful and well mannered. It's the system that drives me nuts. Their call system is the worst out of any major company I have ever seen. If you try to call in to their support you don't even get a hold queue most of the time you just get told they're full and to call back later. I'd honestly rather get a queue with an hour long wait time than be told to continuously call back. Each and every time I need to reach them (which has been a lot lately due to my issues outlined in the other thread) It has taken a good 15 or so calls before I finally get into the hold queue.

Francesa 09-06-2012 10:53 PM

Starting to adjust to this new patch. New patch does make it simpler for a warlock to level up. Used to have to put up 3 DoT's, now I put up one.

Worst part is all the addons I need, such as Dominos Totems, are gone, so I can't see any totems at all on my 85 shaman. Healing can be difficult without my totems :(

Gustav Nyquist 09-06-2012 10:54 PM

Got sent 7 days of game time for free.

BeBen* 09-06-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarnkrok (Post 54144647)
Got sent 7 days of game time for free.

Same.

WarriorOfGandhi 09-07-2012 02:50 AM

yeah, me too. Not sure what to do with it, not really interested in Cata content and I know leveling a new toon won't be what it used to be. Maybe I'll just spend 7 days doing PVP.

Gustav Nyquist 09-10-2012 02:18 AM

http://i.imgur.com/5JQ31.jpg
lol

The Dayvan Cowboy 09-10-2012 03:18 AM

I like you all a little less for playing, and not allowing this game to die.

Gustav Nyquist 09-10-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy (Post 54213425)

Your opinion means very little to me, lol. I don't even play anymore anyways.

La Cosa Nostra 09-10-2012 03:59 AM

I claimed my free week of game time and wow has the game changed a lot in a year...and wtf wands go in main hand now?Is that a ****ing joke, I have to choose between a staff and wand?What a joke

Francesa 09-10-2012 06:47 AM

Patch messed up raiding

You're just given gear now...can't need or greed for it. Can't see all the stuff that boss dropped like you could pre-patch.

Well, at least I found a carbonite mod for MoP

karnige 09-10-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy (Post 54213425)

why? why do you care?

Belfour20 09-10-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixcuincle (Post 54214193)
Patch messed up raiding

You're just given gear now...can't need or greed for it. Can't see all the stuff that boss dropped like you could pre-patch.

That's just lfr, it's still the normal way on regular/heroic.

Also they said it's random for each player in the lfr raid (not a combined loot drop from a boss), thus theoretically everyone could receive a piece of loot off a boss and it's also possible nobody receives a piece of loot. Also you can't trade pieces between players anymore in it.

waffledave 09-10-2012 03:34 PM

I'm excited for the xpac. Last night I just finished maxing out my 3rd professions alt, so I have mining, blacksmith, jewelcrafting, enchanting, herbalism and alchemy all maxed.

I'm so so on the new patch. I find my fury warrior harder to play. My prot warrior is a bit harder too but not as bad. My blood DK is way easier now though.

Gooch 09-10-2012 05:16 PM

Been over a week now and the authenticator is still listed as sold out on their website. I havent been able to play at all for that duration as I am waiting on the damn thing in order to buy it and then I have to wait from that point for it to ship to me. I was annoyed that they told me I couldnt purchase it over the phone and had to use the store. I am basically stuck now waiting on that damn thing which is supposed to be the holy savior to my problems. I am afraid to see how much damage those god damn hackers have done. They havent even stopped since that week or so when I quit trying to reinstate my account. I keep getting emails about tickets being resolved and crap on a daily basis. I have no clue where on earth their keylogger is if it even is still on my comp. It's been scanned a gazillion times in the last few weeks both with antivirus and anti malware and it's coming up clean.

On a side note:

I started playing some Warcraft 3 and the expansion for it. I don't know if any of you have played it but im almost finding it fascinating it's largely explaining a lot of the crap that exists in world of warcraft. Hell, I had a freaking panda companion and all the full backstory on illidan and lady vashj and kaelthas, it makes the burning crusade expansion make so much more sense.

Gooch 09-10-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belfour20 (Post 54215423)
That's just lfr, it's still the normal way on regular/heroic.

Also they said it's random for each player in the lfr raid (not a combined loot drop from a boss), thus theoretically everyone could receive a piece of loot off a boss and it's also possible nobody receives a piece of loot. Also you can't trade pieces between players anymore in it.

I played some raid finder before hackers obliterated my account. I didnt like the new loot system. On my priest I mainly was running it to get the maw off Madness. I realize theres still a chance but it's so weak to just get that loot bag with gold in it instead of at least seeing rolls and having a shot at it. On spine leading up to it I guess I won my internal loot roll and it gave me gloves I already had equipped... They were worth less vendor wise than the loot bag everyone else gets. I almost wish you could decline loot from a certain boss in order to increase the percentage chance at a later boss.

Another thing, I dont know how it works with dropping off spec gear stuff. A lot of cases I'll queue with what my char is best geared for in order to put the least burden on the group but I'd hope to slowly build that offspec gear up with a couple winning rolls here and there. If this auto-loot crap is only going to give you stuff that is spec specific then it'll force me to queue as a much weaker spec and do worse in order to get opportunities at that specific gear. I see that as a flaw.