HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Nikolay Prokhorkin signed to 3 year ELC (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1255285)

kingsfan 09-04-2012 10:07 AM

Nikolay Prokhorkin signed to 3 year ELC
 
I assume a link to the prospect signing thread where Caley, our prospect signing guru, says he's been inked (as per capgeek) will suffice:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=749

I'd assume he's heading to the CHL? The London Knights just grabbed him in the Import Draft.

Flour Child 09-04-2012 11:04 AM

Porkins!


http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xL_WfazU5c...r-wars+cat.jpg

tigermask48 09-04-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 54076747)
I assume a link to the prospect signing thread where Caley, our prospect signing guru, says he's been inked (as per capgeek) will suffice:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=749

I'd assume he's heading to the CHL? The London Knights just grabbed him in the Import Draft.

Likely, but he'll probably get a look in Manchester's camp to see if he can make it there as well. That's what happened with both Voinov, and Loktionov in this situation.

Also in before Bunny comes along and drops a "Porkins says: Stay on target!" gif or comment.

Flour Child 09-04-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigermask48 (Post 54077617)
Also in before Bunny comes along and drops a "Porkins says: Stay on target!" gif or comment.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv5lifxVNE1qi5zdv.png

tigermask48 09-04-2012 11:54 AM

Dang! The shame... :cry:

Kings man 4 life 09-04-2012 12:10 PM

lol That just made my morning

King'sPawn 09-04-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 54076747)
I assume a link to the prospect signing thread where Caley, our prospect signing guru, says he's been inked (as per capgeek) will suffice:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=749

I'd assume he's heading to the CHL? The London Knights just grabbed him in the Import Draft.

CHL teams can only have two imports max per team. If the Knights don't have room for him, he either has to be traded or he has to play in the AHL, if he wants to stay in North America (Europe is always an option for anyone). The signing makes him eligible for Manchester or LA. Still, it's great to see the commitment from him.

tigermask48 09-04-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn (Post 54084099)
CHL teams can only have two imports max per team. If the Knights don't have room for him, he either has to be traded or he has to play in the AHL, if he wants to stay in North America (Europe is always an option for anyone). The signing makes him eligible for Manchester or LA. Still, it's great to see the commitment from him.

Well the Knights already have Olli Maatta and Nikita Zadorov on D...
Maatta played for the Knights last year. Zadorov is a 95 though so you have to think if Porkins is sent down, London makes room for him. I'm thinking this is simply an in case he makes the AHL situation.

kingsfan 09-04-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn (Post 54084099)
CHL teams can only have two imports max per team. If the Knights don't have room for him, he either has to be traded or he has to play in the AHL, if he wants to stay in North America (Europe is always an option for anyone). The signing makes him eligible for Manchester or LA. Still, it's great to see the commitment from him.

On August 30th, London announced they has retained 28 players from camp for exhibition play. Here's the list: http://www.londonknights.com/article...n-with-knights

Porkins isn't on that list. Two names, Olli Maatta and Nikita Zadorov, appear European (didn't look them up, so I'm not confirming that. That said, Zadorov is for sure as he was also picked in the 2012 Import Draft by the Knights) so you may have a point. Perhaps LA has already said they want him in Manchester?

Basilisk 09-04-2012 07:05 PM




What, no Kitsyn?

CNS 09-04-2012 07:18 PM

Best pick we made in the draft. Kid is such a great prospect. Love it.

King'sPawn 09-05-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigermask48 (Post 54085145)
Well the Knights already have Olli Maatta and Nikita Zadorov on D...
Maatta played for the Knights last year. Zadorov is a 95 though so you have to think if Porkins is sent down, London makes room for him. I'm thinking this is simply an in case he makes the AHL situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 54089099)
On August 30th, London announced they has retained 28 players from camp for exhibition play. Here's the list: http://www.londonknights.com/article...n-with-knights

Porkins isn't on that list. Two names, Olli Maatta and Nikita Zadorov, appear European (didn't look them up, so I'm not confirming that. That said, Zadorov is for sure as he was also picked in the 2012 Import Draft by the Knights) so you may have a point. Perhaps LA has already said they want him in Manchester?

Yeah, Maata was already on the Knights and Zadorov was the Knights' first round pick in the import draft this year.

So Prokhorkin either goes to the AHL, or his rights have to be traded to another OHL team.

Albi 09-05-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnshockey (Post 54090169)
Best pick we made in the draft. Kid is such a great prospect. Love it.

this

LickTheEnvelope 09-05-2012 08:34 AM

That is godly hockey name.

Ollie Weeks 09-05-2012 11:57 AM

He's right with us, Red Three!

Atas2000 09-12-2012 11:37 AM

You guys are aware he has a contract in the KHL and this signing is a violation of the agreement between KHL and NHL?

etherialone 09-12-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atas2000 (Post 54266119)
You guys are aware he has a contract in the KHL and this signing is a violation of the agreement between KHL and NHL?

He has been freed.

He will honor his contract with the team.

Don't be surprised when he ends up in Manchester for opening night.

Flour Child 09-12-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks (Post 54104981)
He's right with us, Red Three!

Nicely played!

kingsfan 09-12-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atas2000 (Post 54266119)
You guys are aware he has a contract in the KHL and this signing is a violation of the agreement between KHL and NHL?

Frankly, I couldn't care less if this is true or not.

If it is, then the NHL/KHL will figure it out. I highly doubt the NHL would approve the contract though if he already had one in Russia.

What will likely happen if he has a contract in Russia is the NHL one won't kick in until Porkins comes over here to play after his one in Russia expires. For all we know, that's included in this contract that it doesn't take effect until after the Russian one is done.

Or TG could be right, Porkins was freed and he's cleared as Kings property.

All I know is DL does his homework on Russians and their desire to come over to NA to play. Loktionov, Voynov and Kitsyn have come over (and Kitsyn will likely return after this upcoming season) and it seems like Porkins wants to come over too. I doubt we'll have a problem as a result of this.

Atas2000 09-13-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 54266405)
He has been freed.

He will honor his contract with the team.

Don't be surprised when he ends up in Manchester for opening night.

According to CSKA officials he just left the team without notice...

etherialone 09-13-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atas2000 (Post 54305957)
According to CSKA officials he just left the team without notice...

Yup.

He is NA bound.

Flour Child 09-14-2012 01:07 AM

http://www.littlechocolatedonuts.com...-star-wars.jpg

tigermask48 09-14-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 54308567)

/close

You win this thread! :laugh:

kingsfan 09-14-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 54308567)

I hope he makes it as a King and stays for a long time, just so we can have several years of this stuff. It's awesome. :laugh:

Flour Child 09-14-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 54312503)
I hope he makes it as a King and stays for a long time, just so we can have several years of this stuff. It's awesome. :laugh:

We can only hope!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.