HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: John Madden joins scouting staff (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1255385)

Chris Cutter 09-04-2012 12:23 PM

John Madden joins scouting staff
 
John Madden joins the amateur scouting staff of the Montreal Canadiens. He will be in charge of NCAA and USHL scouting.

Canadiens Montréal‏@CanadiensMTL

John Madden se joint au personnel de recrutement amateur des Canadiens./ John Madden joins the Canadiens’ amateur player recruitment group.


Canadiens Montréal‏@CanadiensMTL

Madden will be responsible for the scouting and evaluation of free agent players at the US college level.

vad87 09-04-2012 12:23 PM

John Madden named scout
 
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL
John Madden se joint au personnel de recrutement amateur des Canadiens./ John Madden joins the Canadiens’ amateur player recruitment group.

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL
Madden will be responsible for the scouting and evaluation of free agent players at the US college level.

11Goat11 09-04-2012 12:24 PM

Just saw this on Twitter and came to post this. Another x-player in the fold to scout NCAA propsects, great idea.

Marc the Habs Fan 09-04-2012 12:25 PM

Talk about a specific job task. Don't bother scouting anyone else, just the FA's, John. :sarcasm:

PATCHESx67 09-04-2012 12:27 PM

geeeeez you guys are fast lol

Chris Cutter 09-04-2012 12:28 PM

I won, suck it Vad87! :sarcasm:

vad87 09-04-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Cutter (Post 54080411)
I won, suck it Vad87! :sarcasm:

I posted 30 secondes too late the thread about Landeskog on the main board and now this... what a bad day :laugh:

BeBen* 09-04-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 54080503)
I don't get it.

I posted

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

brbrbrbrbrbrbr

AIEOU AIEOU AIEOU AIEOU AIEOU AIEOU



WeThreeKings 09-04-2012 12:37 PM

I don't get it.. we're scouting football players now?

Takashi 09-04-2012 12:47 PM

we hired so many scouts in one offseason :skeptic:

vad87 09-04-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 54080749)
I don't get it.. we're scouting football players now?

JaMarcus Russel will fill our big d-man problem :nod: If Big Byf can do it he can do it too :laugh:

Monctonscout 09-04-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Cutter (Post 54080243)
John Madden joins the amateur scouting staff of the Montreal Canadiens. He will be in charge of NCAA and USHL scouting.

Canadiens Montréal‏@CanadiensMTL

John Madden se joint au personnel de recrutement amateur des Canadiens./ John Madden joins the Canadiens’ amateur player recruitment group.


Canadiens Montréal‏@CanadiensMTL

Madden will be responsible for the scouting and evaluation of free agent players at the US college level.

He was an awesome football coach but wht does he know about hockey?:sarcasm:

vad87 09-04-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takashi (Post 54081089)
we hired so many scouts in one offseason :skeptic:

I think this signature is a good move. We talked on the forum last week about all the NCAA free agents we missed out and now, we have a guy just for that.

HatTricK09 09-04-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vad87 (Post 54081239)
I think this signature is a good move. We talked on the forum last week about all the NCAA free agents we missed out and now, we have a guy just for that.

Marc Bergevin is watching :sarcasm:

Miller Time 09-04-2012 01:03 PM

:handclap:


MB again showing that he's got a much better grasp of the importance of building a quality staff behind him than previous management did.


Madden is exactly the type of ex-player who has the kind of make-up to be very successful in hockey-ops roles... glad to have him in the organization

DJyellow 09-04-2012 01:09 PM

The Habs will dominate the Front Office beer league

habitue* 09-04-2012 01:10 PM

The Habs have more depth and talent off the ice than on the ice...

Andy 09-04-2012 01:12 PM

Does Madden have any scouting experience prior to this hiring? Or is this his first gig?

VirginiaMtlExpat 09-04-2012 01:19 PM

Can he take face-offs in the defensive zone if we need him to? :skeptic:

HatTricK09 09-04-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitue (Post 54081805)
The Habs have more depth and talent off the ice than on the ice...

When is Gretzky joining our staff?

VirginiaMtlExpat 09-04-2012 01:50 PM

Come to think of it, what this team needs is the other John Madden doing some scouting, so that we can put together an All Madden team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/madden...page=allmadden

Bronn 09-04-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 54081829)
Does Madden have any scouting experience prior to this hiring? Or is this his first gig?

I don't know but the guy was a very intelligent player back in his best days. Was never a big point producer but was a key contributor to the Devils cups of the early 2000s. He didn't win a Selke for nothing. Great work ethic too.

He may not have any experience but he has all the attributes to be a successful scout and talent evaluator imho.

PricePkPatch 09-04-2012 01:58 PM

You know, when I heard Dudley was now in charge of Pro Scouting, I thought they were talking about Scouting of professionals.

Not scouting for actual Scouts! Good news!!

Andy 09-04-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Knee (Post 54083119)
I don't know but the guy was a very intelligent player back in his best days. Was never a big point producer but was a key contributor to the Devils cups of the early 2000s. He didn't win a Selke for nothing. Great work ethic too.

He may not have any experience but he has all the attributes to be a successful scout and talent evaluator imho.

Hmm, I don't think we can judge a player's scouting ability based on the way he played the game. It's great that management is expanding the scouting team, but we really won't know what Madden will bring us until players actually get drafted or signed.

We've seen good players fail in management positions before. I'm not saying Madden will fail, but we really have nothing to judge him on if it's his first gig. The intentions are definitely good, we'll see how it plays out.

Captain Smurf 09-04-2012 02:00 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/26210110.jpg

I'm getting a little worried about creating a "too many cooks in the kitchen" type of scenario, but our scouting staff was understaffed by Gauthier.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.