HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumor Bruins have offer on table for Yandle (Link) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1255473)

Close19 09-04-2012 02:32 PM

Bruins have offer on table for Yandle (Link)

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...3&feedID=10944

Pi 09-04-2012 02:34 PM

You're basically citing a reporter that is citing **************.

:facepalm: Even if it seems logical..************** can't spell Insider properly..he doesn't have any inside info but he sure does have a lot of gullible followers.

EDIT: Even his name is censored here.

Yandle to Bruins makes a ton of sense though.

Coyotes get a guy like Krejci+ for Yandle. Seguin moves to center, Chara gets a top pairing D + Coyotes get their #1C. Best "good for both" trade of the summer if it happens.

Tim Vezina Thomas 09-04-2012 02:35 PM

I highly doubt Chiarelli is going to trade Krejci after re signing him like that.

Bet you Thomas is involved somehow in this...they have a lot of cap space, especially with Doan signing elsewhere.

Feed Me A Stray Cat 09-04-2012 02:35 PM

Is it really worth it for Boston to deal Krejci for Yandle?

Drouin2Stamkos 09-04-2012 02:36 PM

I could see it. Bruins need to get rid of some guys. They have good players to give up. While Yandle has a decent cap hit. Maybe a good match for each other.

TOGuy14 09-04-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Close19 (Post 54084285)

The article cites Hockey Insider tweets, and I don't think that is a certified source.

Either way I immediately thought Krejci when I saw this...

Pi 09-04-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas (Post 54084371)
I highly doubt Chiarelli is going to trade Krejci after re signing him like that.

Bet you Thomas is involved somehow in this...they have a lot of cap space, especially with Doan signing elsewhere.

Why?

Offense is hardly the issue for the Bruins but they severely lack high end mobility in the backend.

Trading Krejci makes a lot of sense for the Bruins if they're getting a #1D. I don't know of others but I think Yandle is a #1D.

BruinsBtn 09-04-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat (Post 54084381)

I'll second that.

Yandle would be nice but I would rather do Hamilton+. If Pheonix trades Yandle, it shows that they're rebuilding anyway.

I suppose it all depends on what happens with the CBA, ownership and Doan.

Tim Vezina Thomas 09-04-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi (Post 54084461)
Why?

Offense is hardly the issue for the Bruins but they severely lack high end mobility in the backend.

Trading Krejci makes a lot of sense for the Bruins if they're getting a #1D. I don't know of others but I think Yandle is a #1D.

They just re signed him, thats why. Re signing a player to trade him away isnt exactly "legit" for lack of a better word.

Yandle would be great with Chara, Im just not sure trading Krejci for him would be very prudent right now.

TooMuchMan 09-04-2012 02:43 PM

H-yyI-rr tweets really don't belong in any reputable hockey report.

JawandaPuck 09-04-2012 02:44 PM

There's a better chance of "Krejci + for Yandle" happening if Shane Doan signs elsewhere...the poor source notwithstanding.

Turrican* 09-04-2012 02:44 PM

Hahahahah That hockey insiderrrrr was some 17 year old from Quebec.
Gullible people.

Dellstrom 09-04-2012 02:46 PM

I doubt Chiarelli trades Krejci... He just re-signed him for a reason.

However, I would be ****ing stoked if we got Yandle and didn't have to give up Hamilton... That makes our defense absolutely incredible.

Chara-Yandle
Seidenberg-Boychuk
Ference-McQuaid

is incredible... Swap Dougie in from time to time when desired and really control his ice time. Krejci must be in there if this is true, though. We'll see. I'd be sad to see Krejci go, but in the end, we'd need a #1D to play with Chara and then Hamilton more than a 1b center when Seguin can play on the first line and Bergy on the second. However, that gives us a problem with a RW... Peverley is much more suited for the 3rd line, and there are so many question marks for Horton... Lucic-Seguin-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley could work but that's a huuuge gamble...

I hope we're not shopping for J-bo, however... That cap hit is insane. I honestly wouldn't doubt if this whole thing is a flub, though.

Scurr 09-04-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsBtn (Post 54084493)
If Pheonix trades Yandle, it shows that they're rebuilding anyway.

I don't think that's true at all. The Coyotes are dangling Yandle because they have numbers on D and his trade value > his contribution to that team. If you're into advanced stats, Yandle is a paper tiger.

TOML 09-04-2012 02:46 PM

So (what?)

TOML

Giroux tha Damaja 09-04-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scurr (Post 54084693)
I don't think that's true at all. The Coyotes are dangling Yandle because they have numbers on D and his trade value > his contribution to that team. If you're into advanced stats, Yandle is a paper tiger.

Using advanced stats to call someone a paper tiger is funny. Advanced stats are the stuff of paper tigers, they don't rip them up.

The rebuild idea seems silly though. Who makes the playoffs two years in a row, the conference finals in the second year, and then starts a rebuild.

PayItForward 09-04-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

IMO Yandle is ridiculously overrated. Not even close to being the best d-man on his team. I know OEL is impressive, but Yandle was put in a very good place to succeed last year and I still wasn't that impressed with him.

Shepard 09-04-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsBtn (Post 54084493)
I'll second that.

Yandle would be nice but I would rather do Hamilton+. If Pheonix trades Yandle, it shows that they're rebuilding anyway.

I suppose it all depends on what happens with the CBA, ownership and Doan.

...or it shows we're trading from a position of strength to shore up on an area we're weak at.

Scurr 09-04-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja (Post 54084883)
Using advanced stats to call someone a paper tiger is funny. Advanced stats are the stuff of paper tigers, they don't rip them up.

His traditional numbers look good on paper until you get into how he put up those numbers and against who.

The whole point of advanced stats is to put the numbers into perspective and not artificially inflate a players value. I don't think advanced stats can be used to make someone a paper tiger, they're pretty good at getting at a players true value imo.

488fitter 09-04-2012 03:13 PM

I could see something around Krejci and Yandle. All it's saying to me is that Chiarelli is ready to slot Seguin into a bigger role as a center. As a neutral fan I would be happy for both sides.

TrillMike 09-04-2012 03:14 PM

Someone probably said it already... That "insider's" Twitter account is a fake. Didn't end up being some teenager?

BergyWho37 09-04-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat (Post 54084381)

This ^ ^

Also read a tweet from ( NHL trade ) that Bruins offered Boychuk and 1st for Jay Bo and I think he said Flames where still considering .. could be bogus but it was posted around the same time this Hockey ******** tweeted the Yandle news

Do Make Say Think 09-04-2012 03:27 PM

Definitely worthwhile for the Bruins to trade Krejci for Yandle: it helps both teams, and while both teams lose significant contributors, both teams have the means to replace them (Seguin in Boston, OEL in Phoenix)

DohBruins 09-04-2012 03:59 PM

Krejci doesn't have a trade clause next year, but has a 6-team no-trade in 14 and 15.

caley 09-04-2012 03:59 PM

As a mod, this is a tricky one to moderate. On one hand, we've got a reputable guy from a reputable source, on the other, he's quoting from a guy who's been wrong two to three times more than he's been right and is not an approved source.

http://rarerborealis.com/wordpressbl...oghio1_500.png

In other words, I'll let this stand for now, folks, but let's not get bogged down in talks about the source and moreso about the meat and potatoes of the post, i.e. Are Phoenix and Boston good partners? Does Yandle to Boston make sense.

Carry on, but I will strike this down in a hurry if it speeds off the tracks.