HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Yzerman's injury could make Detroit a possibility (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12557)

Hemsky4PM 09-19-2003 10:53 AM

Yzerman's injury could make Detroit a possibility

Yzerman, accoring to TSN.ca, left Wings practice due to soreness in his knee.
I don't see the Wings standing pat with the centers they have, particularly with Colorado and Dallas having very good depth at that position. Right now the Wings have: Datsyuk, Draper, Hudler and Zetterberg as centers, though they had Zetterberg on the wing with Datsyuk and Hull, which was their best line at the end of last season. They don't want Yzerman playing center because of his reduced mobility.

Comrie for Fischer??? Fischer had injury trouble last year but logged 6pts in 15 games. Such a trade would be classic strenght for strength, the Oilers have too many NHL forwards, the Wings too many D-men (hatcher, lidstrom, chelios, schneider, fischer, woolley, dandenault).

Oilers Ent 09-19-2003 11:12 AM

Seems to me we would have to get more than Fisher.

How about Fisher and 2004 1st Round Draft Pick?

:D

oilers_guy_eddie 09-19-2003 11:16 AM

The problem with Detroit's D is that they've got old/expensive players, and players who suck, and Fischer's the only guy who's neither. I don't know if they can afford to move Fischer, and I wouldn't consider any other defenseman there in a Comrie deal.

fuhr 09-19-2003 11:17 AM

The Wings will not trade Fischer for Comrie,nevermind throwing in a 1st rounder!!! The only way they'd consider trading Fischer to the Oilers is if the deal included Brewer or Semenov going back the other way in some sort of package.

s7ark 09-19-2003 11:22 AM

Not true , this is a very possible trade, esp. if Detroit starts out slow and the Avs come out firing... Suddenly the future doesn't seem to be as important for them, they have to keep up with the Avs. Plus they can always buy more UFA next year....

PigPen 09-19-2003 11:35 AM

The year after fischer was drafted, there were reported trade rumors about him going to Philly for John Leclair (mind you, he scored 40 goals that year) and a few other places for a few other big name players and even then Holland said no.
I highly doubt that Detroit trades fischer for comrie, even if the deal works out in everybody elses heads. The fans, and team management and ownership are all very high on fischer and don't want to see him leaving anytime soon, especially since Lidstrom, Chelios and maybe schneider are going to be leaving the team in a year or two.

Mr Sakich 09-19-2003 11:55 AM

value wise, comrie and fischer are pretty close. We don't regard fisher as highly as wing fans and they don't see the griity play of the un-injured comrie. I think it makes sense for the wings because they have proven that their strategy is to get 30-35 year old ufa dmen as their cornerstone. These veterans will always be available so they can shore up their defense whenever they like. It is a very expensive strategy but it is what the wings do.

Hyped 09-19-2003 12:01 PM

Yzerman wasn't going to be playing center this year anyways. This hasn't changed a thing...

fuhr 09-19-2003 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thor dyck
value wise, comrie and fischer are pretty close. We don't regard fisher as highly as wing fans and they don't see the griity play of the un-injured comrie. I think it makes sense for the wings because they have proven that their strategy is to get 30-35 year old ufa dmen as their cornerstone. These veterans will always be available so they can shore up their defense whenever they like. It is a very expensive strategy but it is what the wings do.

How long has Lidstrom been their cornerstone?I think they'll keep Fischer unlees they get a good young D-man back with a huge upside.I actually the Wings do like Comrie as a player i just don't think they do for Fischer.