HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Premier of Quebec rushed from stage amid security scare (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1255719)

SouthernHab 09-04-2012 11:44 PM

Premier of Quebec rushed from stage amid security scare

Just saw this on the wires.......

Sept 4 | Wed Sep 5, 2012 12:23am EDT

Security guards abruptly rushed the leader of Quebec's separatist party from the stage after an armed man shot and injured two people outside the Montreal venue where she was speaking.

Read more..........

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8K51OL20120905

DDs not undersized 09-04-2012 11:46 PM

The shooter said on camera : « The anglos are waking up! The anglos are waking up! »

Frightening...

uiCk 09-04-2012 11:49 PM

2 people shot (1 man, 1 unknown), both critical condition at the hospital, as per police presser.

Alazais 09-04-2012 11:53 PM

What a terrible idea. As a former Quebec resident and English Only speaking Quebecker this will not help the cause of the Anglo Speakers. They are causing more harm and only delegitimizing their chances of succeeding within their goals. Sad day that the PQ won, and a sad day that the Anglo's have reacted so poorly.

Kjell Dahlin 09-04-2012 11:54 PM

Two persons are seriously injured (gun shots) and the suspect got really close to the Prime Minister of Québec.

SouthernHab's title is seriously stupid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 54099013)
What a terrible idea. As a former Quebec resident and English Only speaking Quebecker this will not help the cause of the Anglo Speakers. They are causing more harm and only delegitimizing their chances of succeeding within their goals. Sad day that the PQ won, and a sad day that the Anglo's have reacted so poorly.

The suspect was yelling, in broken French, "The anglos are waking up! The anglos are waking up!" but he does not, I hope, represent the Anglo quebecois. He looked mentally challenged.

ThaDevilGirl 09-04-2012 11:55 PM

If you want to discuss politics, I advise you to go to the politics subforum.

Now I really hope the report of one death isn't true.

Ayatollah Chowmeini 09-04-2012 11:56 PM

Sweet jesus. This is going to be awful. I moved up to Canada to leave the insane people with guns behind. Guess you can only fear-monger for so long.

uiCk 09-04-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

The shooter in question is probably not an anglo. he was expressing himself in french, and what seemed to me was a Quebec accent. blaming the "anglo's" is definatly not the right thing to do at the moment,

GQS 09-04-2012 11:59 PM

Just reported one person dead now. :(

Kjell Dahlin 09-04-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uiCk (Post 54099107)
The shooter in question is not an anglo. he was expressing himself in french, and what seemed to me was a Quebec accent. blaming the "anglo's" is definatly not the right thing to do at the moment,

He was speaking in English but he did yell, in broken French: "The anglos are waking up! The anglos are waking up!".

Again... he does not, I hope, represent the Anglo quebecois. He looked mentally challenged.

DDs not undersized 09-05-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin (Post 54099029)
^^this^^

Two persons are seriously injured (gun shots) and the suspect got really close to the Prime Minister of Québec.

SouthernHab's title is seriously stupid.

The suspect was yelling, in broken French, "The anglos are waking up! The anglos are waking up!" but he does not, I hope, represent the Anglo quebecois. He looked mentally challenged.

Yes. I'm french speaking and voted for the PQ, but I don't believe this crazy guy represent the anglo community at all. They have more class than that.

uiCk 09-05-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin (Post 54099155)
He was speaking in English but he did yell, in broken French: "The anglos are waking up! The anglos are waking up!".

Again... he does not, I hope, represent the Anglo quebecois. He looked mentally challenged.

didnt see that. my bad.
Anyways, He represents himself and his own ideals (i'm not an anglo, and find this whole polarization of quebec politics and culture fking ridic)

McSorleyStick 09-05-2012 12:02 AM

RIP

I cant believe this

PyrettaBlaze* 09-05-2012 12:19 AM

Very sad night for Quebec.

Rosso Scuderia 09-05-2012 12:21 AM

Crazy ****.. but I think it could have been way way worse. Did you guys see the weapon? I'm actually surprised that only one person died.

Also, I have a feeling that the fire on the back door was light up so nobody could escape while the shooter is inside.

FF de Mars 09-05-2012 12:22 AM

Assassination attempt against our brand new PM and we're to blame ? The English media about Québec politics is far worse than the French media is about the Habs...

danishh 09-05-2012 12:24 AM

general warning

try to keep away from the politics talk here, head to the politics board (link can be found in the lounge) for that.

this thread is for the discussion of the tragic event in montreal tonight ONLY.

I have also edited the title, so stop bickering about that.

BeBen* 09-05-2012 12:26 AM

Someone on my facebook said ''Pauline for Columbine'' thought it was funny

On a more serious note, holy **** she's in for a fun run...

JordanStaal#1Fan 09-05-2012 12:29 AM

Hopefully this event will bring us together, not tear us apart more than we already are. It is *** crazy! I hope people won't generalize the actions of ONE idiot :(

BeBen* 09-05-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan (Post 54099733)
Hopefully this event will bring us together, not tear us apart more than we already are. It is *** crazy! I hope people won't generalize the actions of ONE idiot :(

They will, they always do

Delat 09-05-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan (Post 54099733)

What hapenned is horrible, but you know how it is in QC, even if it's only ONE idiot, it only takes a little group of people with that opinion to make it heard.

I can't believe things like that can happen in here, sad to hear somebody died during what was suppose to be a fun night for the PQ fans.

JordanStaal#1Fan 09-05-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delat (Post 54099841)
What hapenned is horrible, but you know how it is in QC, even if it's only ONE idiot, it only takes a little group of people with that opinion to make it heard.

I can't believe things like that can happen in here, sad to hear somebody died during what was suppose to be a fun night for the PQ fans.

That's exactly what I fear man. I am a francophone who want to an English university and I know that there are more things that unite us, that they're things that divide us. It would be sad if one idiot would divide the Anglos and the Francos even more...

I hope the MLNQ won't use this event to ***** against anglos...

PyrettaBlaze* 09-05-2012 12:42 AM

A truck filled with weapons was found near Metropolis. What the ****.

Ayatollah Chowmeini 09-05-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan (Post 54099945)
That's exactly what I fear man. I am a francophone who want to an English university and I know that there are more things that unite us, that they're things that divide us. It would be sad if one idiot would divide the Anglos and the Francos even more...

Sorry for the stupid question, but what is the MLNQ?

Delat 09-05-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan (Post 54099945)

I'm also a francophone and I'm well aware of what could happen following that incident. I'd hate to start another war in QC, I'm dead tired of QC being divided all the time.

I hope that truck doesn't mean other people were involved, I hope it's the last we hear of that kind of stuff, is it me or we seem to hear way more often about these kinds of things in the 2 or 3 previous weeks. A lot of crazyness lately in MTL.