HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Erik Cole! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1255761)

99GoHabsGo99 09-05-2012 04:57 AM

Erik Cole!

What A Steal This Guy Was, Enjoy!!

Vi Nc E x13x 09-05-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 (Post 54101637)
What A Steal This Guy Was, Enjoy!!

Great video

Galchenkel 09-05-2012 07:25 AM

I'm not sure we can talk about Cole's signing as a steal. Sure I was happy as hell bringing him last summer but 4.5M for four years to a 33yo players is not what I'd call a steal. Having a career season at this age doesn't mean others will follow.

Analyzer 09-05-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos Garner (Post 54102219)
I'm not sure we can talk about Cole's signing as a steal. Sure I was happy as hell bringing him last summer but 4.5M for four years to a 33yo players is not what I'd call a steal. Having a career season at this age doesn't mean others will follow.

It's better than Ville Leino.

This video is better than the others. It's not just 3 goals played over again. Though, for Gomez, you kinda had no other option.

Zorba 09-05-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Then whatever team Gives Doan over 4.5 is a real idiot.

Avim86 09-05-2012 11:02 AM

Everytime I see him giving a high five to the ref it almost makes me forget how bad our 2011-2012 season was....almost.

(Nice video by the way).

Kjell Dahlin 09-05-2012 11:08 AM

Note to the OP: in here Pierre Gauthier is an evil man and nothing he did (plenty of top picks in 2012 and 2013, Cole, Emelin, Gorges, Eller...) was worthwhile.

Please refrain for posting positive stuff he did... it is not in synch with the program! ;)

That being mentioned: Cole, or Mario (the video game) as one of my colleague calls him (she thinks he looks like him!), is a total pro. Vets like him (perfect work ethic and attitude + good production; Gionta also comes to mind) are extremely valuable.

bcv 09-05-2012 01:41 PM

Makes me miss hockey. A lot. Stop it!

zzoo 09-05-2012 03:08 PM

I doubt that Cole could repeat last year performance.

Miller Time 09-05-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin (Post 54105189)
Note to the OP: in here Pierre Gauthier is an evil man and nothing he did (plenty of top picks in 2012 and 2013, Cole, Emelin, Gorges, Eller...) was worthwhile.

Please refrain for posting positive stuff he did... it is not in synch with the program! ;)

That being mentioned: Cole, or Mario (the video game) as one of my colleague calls him (she thinks he looks like him!), is a total pro. Vets like him (perfect work ethic and attitude + good production; Gionta also comes to mind) are extremely valuable.

I wasn't a fan of the Cole signing based on the cap hit/term...

He had almost a career year, which of course makes the signing look much better, short term.

Despite his good season, habs (as assembled by gainey/gauthier) were one of worst teams in the league

Question is can Cole repeat, or improve on last year? Or will that have been his peak? And if it was, how steep will the decline be over next 3 years?

Despite my early concerns, I'm cautiously optimistic that he's got 3 x 25+ goal seasons left, if he stays healthy, and may even shock us with a 35-40 goal season in there.

That would certainly vindicate gauthiers decision, I'll gladly eat the crow in that, but hardly enough to erase the other mistakes under his watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzoo (Post 54110919)

I just hope he puts together another solid season that coincides with a successful season instead of seeing it wasted in a lottery year

charlie 09-05-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avim86 (Post 54105091)
Everytime I see him giving a high five to the ref it almost makes me forget how bad our 2011-2012 season was....almost.

(Nice video by the way).

Galchenyuk will make you forget even more......:yo:

Sined 09-05-2012 08:19 PM

Nice video. Love the song. Metric rocks.

Toshio 09-05-2012 08:32 PM

here's hoping he's not mike cammalleri 2.0

if you know what i mean.

LyricalLyricist 09-05-2012 09:14 PM

He was better than expected last year. I am content with about 45 points and over 20 goals if he keeps crashing the net and creating chances. More than that is a bonus. That's all i want at his age. Obviously, in first few years I have expectations of top 6 input, 50+ points, but last 2 years 45 is fine by me.

onemorecup* 09-06-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorba (Post 54104901)
Then whatever team Gives Doan over 4.5 is a real idiot.

a total idiot for doan especially if longer than 2 years, remember we had the third pick in the draft

what steal when he had great year and we stink:shakehead

we are not a cole away from anything

Alexdaman 09-06-2012 11:37 PM

I only wish Metric does less electronic and more of this:

poetryinmotion 09-06-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagielski41 (Post 54118589)
here's hoping he's not mike cammalleri 2.0

if you know what i mean.

Mike never scored so much for us in the regular season.

Avim86 09-07-2012 12:15 AM

Cole isn't one dimensional so I doubt he will go the Cammy route...when Cammy isn't sniping goals on one knee he is pretty useless/average at best. Cole is the kind of guy you can count on to get you that tying goal with 15 seconds to go or protecting the lead with 30 seconds to go either way he is the kind of veteran I want on my team permanently.

Toshio 09-07-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avim86 (Post 54147167)
Cole isn't one dimensional so I doubt he will go the Cammy route...when Cammy isn't sniping goals on one knee he is pretty useless/average at best. Cole is the kind of guy you can count on to get you that tying goal with 15 seconds to go or protecting the lead with 30 seconds to go either way he is the kind of veteran I want on my team permanently.

I guess what I meant was all us habs fans treated cammy like a god after his first year as a hab. I know I did. everybody wanted him to be a hab for life. I guess all im saying is Cole is getting the same treatment after his first year.

But I agree, cole is a different player. and maybe cammy was just victimized by gauthier.

allkill326 09-07-2012 10:55 PM

I'd love to see Erik Col scoring a goal, high-fiveing a referee, and dancing to the beat of....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

oppa gangnam style!

Mrb1p 09-07-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin (Post 54105189)

Mario, the video game guy is also known as Brian Gionta. Italian, small, mustach...

OneSharpMarble 09-08-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Might aswell grind him up and turn him into glue, anyone older than 30 is obviously a dinosaur that can't contribute afterall.

Not only did he have a career year he is molding Pacioretty, Desharnais and hopefully Eller and Galchenyuk into strong powerful forwards. Guy should probably be the habs captain in the coming seasons.

Go on and tell me more about how he is so overpaid and not a steal. :shakehead

Quote:

Originally Posted by onemorecup (Post 54141685)
a total idiot for doan especially if longer than 2 years, remember we had the third pick in the draft

what steal when he had great year and we stink:shakehead

we are not a cole away from anything

No but we are one coach away from the playoffs.

LaurentHabs 09-08-2012 05:28 PM

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...sole?id=185750

Couple of weeks Old, but still funny

Roulin 09-08-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble (Post 54178945)
Might aswell grind him up and turn him into glue, anyone older than 30 is obviously a dinosaur that can't contribute afterall.

Hyberbole aside, you have to admit that with every year that passes, decline becomes more likely for a player signed for his 33 through 36 year old seasons.

Hackett 09-08-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzoo (Post 54110919)

It will be very difficult. I would have been happy with 20-25 goals. One thing we can't take away from him is his net drive though. He's fearless and consistent about driving the net hard.