HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1255793)

SuperGenius 09-05-2012 09:27 AM

CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

Post fantasy hockey / video game things here.

CBJSprague24 09-05-2012 10:00 AM

I would like to attempt to follow up my rookie campaign's regular season second-place and "Oh God why are all my players playing poorly during the playoffs?" fifth-place finish in the Prospect League...if we get a season...

Fro 09-05-2012 11:47 AM

of course my first year in the top league here there's gonna be a lock out...

neek21 09-09-2012 11:57 AM

on a side note, the Yahoo Fantasy default rankings have R Nash at number 16 [and the first NYR player ranked]...last year iirc, he was 31 in the rankings...hmmmm, how a change of scenery can make a difference!!

Viqsi 09-09-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neek21 (Post 54193005)
on a side note, the Yahoo Fantasy default rankings have R Nash at number 16 [and the first NYR player ranked]...last year iirc, he was 31 in the rankings...hmmmm, how a change of scenery can make a difference!!

And this matters to us because... why?

Samkow 09-09-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 54200753)
And this matters to us because... why?

If you're not interested in fantasy news, perhaps this thread isn't for you. ;)

Matthew 09-09-2012 04:09 PM

If you're not interested in people posting what Rick Nash is up to after he has left Columbus, perhaps this forum isn't for you.

Viqsi 09-09-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 54200915)
If you're not interested in fantasy news, perhaps this thread isn't for you. ;)

Rick Nash isn't a Blue Jacket any more, though. I fail to see the point of that post beyond "lol you guys suck".

neek21 09-10-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 54201301)
Rick Nash isn't a Blue Jacket any more, though. I fail to see the point of that post beyond "lol you guys suck".

...wow, first post [season ticket holder since '06, fan since day one] and I get lambasted...thought a little fantasy hockey info on our 'former' captain would be of interest to some....

pete goegan 09-11-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neek21 (Post 54234543)
...wow, first post [season ticket holder since '06, fan since day one] and I get lambasted...thought a little fantasy hockey info on our 'former' captain would be of interest to some....

Keep posting, it won't be the last time you get jumped. Fortunately, it's only the Internet and the wounds are superficial.

Ched Brosky 09-11-2012 10:04 AM

Columbus GM Connected

hey I was wondering if any of u guys would like to join my league as Columbus for NHL 13. I want to get it filled up today and Columbus and Nashville are the only 2 teams without a GM. This is for the xbox 360

Viqsi 09-11-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neek21 (Post 54234543)

Sorry. Normally I try to be more welcoming, but this summer has turned me into even more of a raging ***** than usual.

awfulwaffle 09-11-2012 04:35 PM

Help Me Be Successful as Be A GM on NHL 13

So, I have taken the reigns of the Columbus Blue Jackets. What are your strengths, weaknesses, and where should I be looking for improvement first, besides my own video gaming ability. :laugh:

Jovavic 09-11-2012 06:30 PM

Defense would be the only thing on the squad that I would consider a strength, unless you count bottom six forwards.

awfulwaffle 09-11-2012 08:04 PM

Hows Alberts + Tochkin + 2013 4th + 2014 4th for Lebda and Prospal sound?

I originally wanted Alberts + Sauve for Prospal, or just Sauve and a pick(I suggested 2014 4th), but he countered with the first one listed.

He wants Prospal, and I figure if I'm going to give him up, might as well get some young players in return. What do you guys think?

I really wish I knew the Blue Jackets more!

Viqsi 09-11-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfulwaffle (Post 54254907)
Hows Alberts + Tochkin + 2013 4th + 2014 4th for Lebda and Prospal sound?

I originally wanted Alberts + Sauve for Prospal, or just Sauve and a pick(I suggested 2014 4th), but he countered with the first one listed.

He wants Prospal, and I figure if I'm going to give him up, might as well get some young players in return. What do you guys think?

I really wish I knew the Blue Jackets more!

What sort of fantasy context are we talking about? I'm guessing "simulated NHL GMs" or similar based on the context, but I could be off.

Based on that guess, tho, my inclination up front would be that the basis of this deal is generally bad, 'cause you're talking about a blueliner that would be utterly worthless here and Yet Another Undersized Right Wing. Trying to pick up blueliners here is a Bad Thing. We have tons - and that's including consideration of the fact that we don't have Lebda anymore. :) What we need are more forwards.

(In the real world, for reference, we wouldn't trade Prospal at all for blood or money, 'cause he's made a commitment to the org to be part of the front office after he retires and he's great for the locker room. So no deal would be acceptable! :D )

EDIT: Oh for G-d's sake, me. It literally took me twelve hours to realize you're still talking about NHL13. :blush:
Well, okay, at least the advice still holds as written. :D

joshjoshjosh 09-12-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina (Post 54252759)
Defense would be the only thing on the squad that I would consider a strength, unless you count bottom six forwards.

If only we could transmute them. Then we'd have some scoring!

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/images...-transmute.jpg

The Four Seven 09-12-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh (Post 54262619)
If only we could transmute them. Then we'd have some scoring!

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/images...-transmute.jpg

Ha, a Diablo 2 reference is the last thing I'd have expected to see here. (I just started playing it a couple months ago.) This team needs a player equivalent to a Zod rune. :laugh:

As for fantasy hockey, considering I'm eligible to move up out of the Prospect League with my 2nd place finish and my first season in the new league would be affected by a lockout bums me out.

blahblah 09-12-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Four Seven (Post 54267321)
Ha, a Diablo 2 reference is the last thing I'd have expected to see here. (I just started playing it a couple months ago.)

Oh wow, just in time for D3? Talk about late to the party.. lol

Kovalchuk17 09-16-2012 12:55 PM

Looking for a Jackets Player (GM CONNECTED)

I'm looking to get a Jackets fan to join up in my Xbox 360 GM Connected league, Jackets are the last team left so if you're interested in playing just post or PM me. We're hoping to start playing later today or tomorrow, hope to find someone :)

Kovalchuk17 09-16-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovalchuk17 (Post 54368613)
I'm looking to get a Jackets fan to join up in my Xbox 360 GM Connected league, Jackets are the last team left so if you're interested in playing just post or PM me. We're hoping to start playing later today or tomorrow, hope to find someone :)

Anyone?

gojackets1 09-16-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovalchuk17 (Post 54374441)
Anyone?

Pm me some details and ill think about it. :)

BluejacketNut 09-17-2012 09:15 AM

Wish they could make the network cross platform...im on PS3

kamosko 09-17-2012 07:42 PM

Mason or Bobrovsky

Hey guys, I'm playing in a keeper league and im not sure which of the two to pick. Besides these two is just a bunch of old backups left so I narrowed it down between the two.

I need help so i thought who better to ask than CBJ fans, out of the two who's expected to get the most starts/be the #1?

Is it Mason? Or is it going to be like a 41 games each kind of deal?

Thanks.

Nanabijou 09-17-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamosko99 (Post 54408573)
Hey guys, I'm playing in a keeper league and im not sure which of the two to pick. Besides these two is just a bunch of old backups left so I narrowed it down between the two.

I need help so i thought who better to ask than CBJ fans, out of the two who's expected to get the most starts/be the #1?

Is it Mason? Or is it going to be like a 41 games each kind of deal?

Thanks.

Most of us around here hope it's Bobrovsky who takes the mantle when the season finally kicks off. You are very optimistic to think that there will be 82 games played.

Post these in the sticky fantasy thread, please.