HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Dan Boyle to Boston for Tim Thomas (3 way) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1257389)

Puckgenius* 09-08-2012 11:51 PM

Dan Boyle to Boston for Tim Thomas (3 way)
 
To Boston: Dan Boyle
To SJ: Tim Thomas, Zach Bogosian
To Win: Patrick Marleau (Or Pavelski), Johnny Boychuk and Boston 2nd

This trade benefits all 3 teams.

SJ moves an aging PMD (who can still play btw) for a huge upgrade in net. Bogo is a decent replacement for Boyle, may not be on Boyles level but is cheaper and younger. Also move longtime vet Marleau who I think SJ really needs to unload to give the organization a new vibe. Marleau is an old dog with that organization and can really use a change of scenery.

Bostons blueline gets a significant upgrade adding a PMD who can play either with Chara on the top pairing or on the 2nd and cut back the minutes from guys like Ference, McQuiad.

WIN gets a top 6 sniper with size, and although downgrade on defense a bit, Boychuk is a decent replacement for Bogo and plus Bostons 2nd.

Vankiller Whale 09-08-2012 11:52 PM

Thomas isn't playing hockey this year(and may never again do so)

Duskog 09-08-2012 11:58 PM

I like Johnny Boychuk but I certainly don't see Winnipeg trading Bogosian for Marleau if he's supposed to fill Bogo's shoes.

DohBruins 09-09-2012 12:00 AM

San Jose is giving up Marleau for Bogogsian and Thomas?

Puckgenius* 09-09-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan02190 (Post 54186679)
San Jose is giving up Marleau for Bogogsian and Thomas?

if TT came back the year after this one, you wouldnt do it? Taking it that TT can retain his form.

DohBruins 09-09-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 54186707)
if TT came back the year after this one, you wouldnt do it? Taking it that TT can retain his form.

No i would do if i was San Jose, but i feel they aren't giving up enough.

Puckgenius* 09-09-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan02190 (Post 54186837)
No i would do if i was San Jose, but i feel they aren't giving up enough.

Well Pavelski could go instead of Marleau but I doubt SJ moves Pavelski after the 61pt season he just had. I definitely think Winnipeg would have interest in Pavelski.

nhlfan9191 09-09-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 54186707)
if TT came back the year after this one, you wouldnt do it? Taking it that TT can retain his form.

Your proposal is REALLY bad. San Jose gives up Boyle and Marleau for a guy who isn't playing and a defenseman who is far from living up to his potential. Even if TT played the year after, who cares? He's a UFA and wouldn't sign with SJ anyways. They'd be carrying his cap hit for no reason at all.

Puckgenius* 09-09-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 (Post 54186927)
Your proposal is REALLY bad. San Jose gives up Boyle and Marleau for a guy who isn't playing and a defenseman who is far from living up to his potential. Even if TT played the year after, who cares? He's a UFA and wouldn't sign with SJ anyways. They'd be carrying his cap hit for no reason at all.

Bogosian has actually started to turn things around, dont forget hes only 22 so he has a lot of time to mature his game.

The morals of these SJ trades though is to give the team and organization a new vibe, move 2 aging players with big salaries for younger bodies.

Vankiller Whale 09-09-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 54186961)
Bogosian has actually started to turn things around, dont forget hes only 22 so he has a lot of time to mature his game.

The morals of these SJ trades though is to give the team and organization a new vibe, move 2 aging players with big salaries for younger bodies.

For one younger body and a goalie that is virtually retired. For a team in win-now mode it doesn't make much sense.

DohBruins 09-09-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan02190 (Post 54186679)
San Jose is giving up Marleau for Bogogsian and Thomas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 54186707)
if TT came back the year after this one, you wouldnt do it? Taking it that TT can retain his form.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan02190 (Post 54186837)
No i would do if i was San Jose, but i feel they aren't giving up enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 54186889)
Well Pavelski could go instead of Marleau but I doubt SJ moves Pavelski after the 61pt season he just had. I definitely think Winnipeg would have interest in Pavelski.

Oh I left out Boyle. Now that I think of it San Jose gives up a little too much, and Winnipeg gets a little too much. I don't think Winnipeg would want to give up Bogosian as they would be selling low.

Puckgenius* 09-09-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 54186985)
For one younger body and a goalie that is virtually retired. For a team in win-now mode it doesn't make much sense.

SJ win now mode? Theyre window was 2 seasons ago and look how that turned out. Thornton, Marleau arent the players they once were, theyre past their primes. Boyle is slowing down a bit, Niemi is a hot and cold starter. Its time they move the face of the organization to Pavelski, Couture, Clowe, Burns and co.

WeridAl 09-09-2012 12:30 AM

Like Zach Bogosian and he has loads of potential, but SJ gets bent over on this proposal. Not to sure if you can trade a retired player.

Vankiller Whale 09-09-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 54187047)
SJ win now mode? Theyre window was 2 seasons ago and look how that turned out. Thornton, Marleau arent the players they once were, theyre past their primes. Boyle is slowing down a bit, Niemi is a hot and cold starter. Its time they move the face of the organization to Pavelski, Couture, Clowe, Burns and co.

So the Sharks should retool?

That would mean trading off Thornton, Marleau, Boyle, and Clowe. Thomas has negative value at this point, so Boston shouldn't be included, and anyways they should aim for a younger goalie.

stevecanuck16 09-09-2012 12:41 AM

WTF, the OP is awful and so are the responses. Winnipeg hangs up on this one, Bogosian is the most valuable asset in this trade BY FAR.

BigDmitriy 09-09-2012 12:41 AM

Boyle+Marleau for Bogosian + Thomas? heh.

DohBruins 09-09-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 54187115)
Like Zach Bogosian and he has loads of potential, but SJ gets bent over on this proposal. Not to sure if you can trade a retired player.

hes not retired

nmbr_24 09-09-2012 12:46 AM

I am a Bruins fan and I get the feeling that the Sharks are giving up too much since Thomas isn't playing this year.

If that were to change then I think it could be revisited, but unless that happens I don't see the point.

A lot of us thought Thomas might be attractive to a team that wanted to get to the salary cap floor without actually having to pay any money, but I don't even see that happening unless the salary cap is the projected $70+ million and nobody knows just yet how the CBA will get worked out or if it will get worked out.

I don't think Thomas is going anywhere unless he says he will play.

AbsolonMoreau* 09-09-2012 12:48 AM

This is a HORRIBLE trade for the Sharks.

Clowe Me 09-09-2012 12:49 AM

San Jose gets bent over in this. No thank you.

NORY 09-09-2012 12:59 AM

lets not forget that Bogosian is out 4-6 months, so the sharks get nothing in this trade, until half the season is done.

nhlfan9191 09-09-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevecanuck16 (Post 54187241)
WTF, the OP is awful and so are the responses. Winnipeg hangs up on this one, Bogosian is the most valuable asset in this trade BY FAR.

Give me a break. Your talking as if Bogosian is Drew Doughty.

hockeyball 09-09-2012 01:01 AM

Literally one of the worst trade proposals involving the Sharks I have ever seen. A 'retired' goalie we don't need or want and a 'maybe' young defensemen who has yet to even approach his potential for a star winger and top-10 offensive d-man.

Riiiiiggght.

Tad Mikowsky 09-09-2012 01:05 AM

Don't forget that Bogosian also had wrist surgery recently too, and is out for several months.

Terrible proposal for the Sharks.

roflstomper 09-09-2012 01:10 AM

Even getting rid of Thomas the Bruins can't be taking on that kind of salary with Boyle even though he could really help them.

Thomas playing for San Jose would need to be agreed upon as well or else they take a big cap hit for no reason. The pluses for San Jose dont seem great in the short run (they get weaker as right now Boyle is better than Bogosian and you lose Marleau) but after Thomas comes off the books and dumping Marleau and Boyle they free up a ton of cap space for the future. They are in win now mode however so this deal doesnt make to much sense unless they believe they are a better contender with Thomas playing goal and Bogosian on the blueline.

I know Winnepeg is big on Bogosian and this may not be enough of a return for them to do this deal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.