HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   12/13' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: Leafs players and picks for a 1st. line ... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1257545)

Brody 09-09-2012 01:07 PM

12/13' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: Leafs players and picks for a 1st. line ...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Kz_QkwCLqF...8/s1600/md.jpg

Previous thread was near 1000, continue here.

ForSpareParts* 09-09-2012 01:25 PM

Mods,

can we change the thread title to:

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: I wonder how many trade proposals are on hold.

?

;) :) :nod:

Brewsky 09-09-2012 03:02 PM

I don't get the thread title...I liked the guy's above me better.

ForSpareParts* 09-09-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewsky (Post 54199243)

hi five

Brody 09-09-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Go to the previous thread and read it.

delirium trigger 09-09-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

LOL. Whomp Whomp....

RaskY 09-09-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dion Phaneuf (Post 54195243)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Kz_QkwCLqF...8/s1600/md.jpg

Previous thread was near 1000, continue here.

Why is Duchene wearing his away jersey?

Leaf Rocket 09-09-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaskY (Post 54201859)

you know that's actually a good point. I never noticed it till now.

ErikP803 09-09-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaskY (Post 54201859)

his way of saying he doesnt want to be there :sarcasm:

Leaf Rocket 09-09-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikP803 (Post 54204333)
his way of saying he doesnt want to be there :sarcasm:

I KNEW IT! Explains a lot:sarcasm:

My god this off-season also brutal...damn this mother freaking lockout.

rojac 09-09-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 54204573)
I KNEW IT! Explains a lot:sarcasm:

My god this off-season also brutal...damn this mother freaking lockout.

To be honest, things like this are only brutal if you let them dominate your life instead of a balanced perspective.

Drew311 09-09-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojac (Post 54206123)
To be honest, things like this are only brutal if you let them dominate your life instead of a balanced perspective.

To be honest, if a person doesn't have a passion, they lead a pretty boring life. Hockey is life to some people, can't fault them for being so passionate about something.

Leaf Rocket 09-09-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

I sometimes wonder if it is your life's work to call out those who are passionate about the game.

I don't know how many times I've stated this lol. It's just unbelievable. I don't think those who are stating their disappointment is jumping off a bridge or crying in a corner and submitted to a insane asylum. So seriously stop wasting your breath EVERY single time. It's called a figure of speech when they say "OMFG I can't watch it anymore"....seriously you should go to a bar and look at those who are hanging out to watch a game.

tony135420 09-09-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 54206825)
I sometimes wonder if it is your life's work to call out those who are passionate about the game.

I don't know how many times I've stated this lol. It's just unbelievable. I don't think those who are stating their disappointment is jumping off a bridge or crying in a corner and submitted to a insane asylum. So seriously stop wasting your breath EVERY single time. It's called a figure of speech when they say "OMFG I can't watch it anymore"....seriously you should go to a bar and look at those who are hanging out to watch a game.

Speak for yourself! I've already picked the bridge I'm using September 15th!

Hurt 09-09-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

What's wrong with being passionate about something? Hockey is a passion for many people just like many sports. Truth remains, this has been a brutally slow offseason and this lockout will be terrible for many fans. I hate winter and hockey is one of the few things I enjoy that is seasonal so I'm not going to be overly cheery until hockey starts.

delirium trigger 09-09-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 54209899)
What's wrong with being passionate about something? Hockey is a passion for many people just like many sports. Truth remains, this has been a brutally slow offseason and this lockout will be terrible for many fans. I hate winter and hockey is one of the few things I enjoy that is seasonal so I'm not going to be overly cheery until hockey starts.

I think the point is that its "off season". It's ok to develop more than one Passion, in fact its probably much healthier.

rojac 09-10-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delirium trigger (Post 54211699)
I think the point is that its "off season". It's ok to develop more than one Passion, in fact its probably much healthier.

That's pretty much it. It's the off-season, run your hockey interest in the background while concentrating on other things.

Much of what I see on hfboards reads to me more as "obsession" than "passion". And the needless hyperbole that some seem to feel is necessary doesn't help.

Leaf Rocket 09-10-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojac (Post 54215293)
That's pretty much it. It's the off-season, run your hockey interest in the background while concentrating on other things.

Much of what I see on hfboards reads to me more as "obsession" than "passion". And the needless hyperbole that some seem to feel is necessary doesn't help.

I am a full time student, coming off a full summer of handling a business on my own, I dance, I play the guitar and I can list tons of other things I do and on top of all of that...I love hockey and I obsess over it. I don't see my mom and dad taking me to a shrink for my passion of hockey.

Seriously stop with your "knowledge" of shutting others up and how they want to express themselves. It's truly frustrating and comes off very childish when you try to act like a wise man "lecturing" others not to take things seriously. You tend to regurgitate the same thing over and over and over again for a similar post from one person or another. Go to a bar, chill out and enjoy life, instead of telling other posters online that they shouldn't take their hockey seriously, that to on a board where it is all about HOCKEY'S FUTURE. You are a veteran poster you should know MORE than some of the current posters, that posting like this is basically trying to go against wall in a tennis match.

Drew311 09-10-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojac (Post 54215293)

Speaking of needless hyperbole, you make like the people on here that love hockey are mentally unbalanced and need some kind of psychiatric help.

I work full time, am married and have an 8 month old baby. When I do have any free time, I choose to devote it to hockey. It's convenient because I can do it all from home, which doesn't seem so crazy to me. I guess the lockout means I'll have more time with my family, but in the meantime i'm not going to stop coming on here to discuss my "obsession".

binop7 09-10-2012 11:26 AM

Sounds like Burke isn't going to make any more roster changes according to mirtle/David alter. I see another bottom 5 finish.

Kyle Doobas 09-10-2012 11:29 AM

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
From Leafs golf tourney, Burke says he doesn't expect to make any changes to roster before season starting.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
Burke re-iterated faith in James Reimer as Leafs no. 1 goaltender heading into the season.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Burke says trade front is quiet and doesn't anticipate any roster changes in near future. Reimer is the guy, added JVR/McClement yadda yadda

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
In summary, probably least interesting Brian Burke scrum ever. Other than saying he doesn't think ESPN "knows a single thing" about hockey.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Randy Carlyle says reports that JVR will play centre were all overblown. Wants to try different things down middle, etc.

PhiladelphiaKessel 09-10-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binop7 (Post 54217627)
Sounds like Burke isn't going to make any more roster changes according to mirtle/David alter. I see another bottom 5 finish.

Didn't burke say a couple months ago in an interview that we shouldn't expect the same roster going into this season?

Kyle Doobas 09-10-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaKessel (Post 54217769)
Didn't burke say a couple months ago in an interview that we shouldn't expect the same roster going into this season?

yep. IIRC there's an interview with Dave Poulin on the Leafs website as well where he's asked if the Leafs are done for the off-season and he responds with an unequivocal "No."

DirtyDion03 09-10-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

I think that this was with the hopefulness of the season being here.. With no season, why would he make deals?

Everlong 09-10-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

That doesn't mean that he's necessarily going to make a deal. Could simply mean some kids from the Marlies might steal spots on the roster.