HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Proposal: Chi - SJ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1257593)

TurdFerguson 09-09-2012 03:25 PM

Chi - SJ
 
Hi all,

I posted this trade on the SJ board first because I wanted to hear a SJ fan's impression first.

Bolland and Stalberg

For

Pavelski

The reception hasn't been bad thus far (as HFB threads go), but I'd like to hear the reactions of other Chicago fans as well. I personally think it improves both teams.

Blackhawkswincup 09-09-2012 03:27 PM

SHarks would never do it

And Hawks would fill there need for #2 C but open up hole at #3C

TurdFerguson 09-09-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 54200091)
SHarks would never do it

And Hawks would fill there need for #2 C but open up hole at #3C

For the time being, we'd put Kruger at 3C. I feel way more comfortable with him at 3C than 2C. Danault or McNeill may grow into the role if it turns out Kruger doesn't belong in the NHL.

Blackhawkswincup 09-09-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurdFerguson (Post 54200433)
For the time being, we'd put Kruger at 3C. I feel way more comfortable with him at 3C than 2C. Danault or McNeill may grow into the role if it turns out Kruger doesn't belong in the NHL.

Still Sharks wouldn't touch that deal

TurdFerguson 09-09-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 54200505)
Still Sharks wouldn't touch that deal

That's why i put it on their boards first. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1257549 It is actually pretty constructive for a HFB thread.

Bubba88 09-09-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 54200091)
SHarks would never do it

And Hawks would fill there need for #2 C but open up hole at #3C

I'd rather have the #2 spot filled than the #3 spot. #3 is much easier to fill

xX Hot Fuss 09-09-2012 06:29 PM

SJ has no reason to do it. They'll probably say "Bolland only put up 50 points once! RABBLE RABBLE!" too.

They'd be trading Pavs for an elite top 6 winger, not for another center and a so-so winger.

Pavelski would cost Saad+ Stalberg+ 1st +

brtriad 09-09-2012 06:47 PM

I would not make that deal.

DisgruntledHawkFan 09-09-2012 07:19 PM

Pavelski is a seriously underrated and overrated player. Guy is a beast. Would be all over this.

Blackhawkswincup 09-09-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 54205793)
Pavelski is a seriously underrated and overrated player. Guy is a beast. Would be all over this.

That statement makes no sense

DisgruntledHawkFan 09-09-2012 07:39 PM

Depends on who you talk too.

Judrix 09-09-2012 09:39 PM

our weakness is defense and goal-tending.

hockeydoug 09-09-2012 09:47 PM

I agree Wilson doesn't make the deal.

I make the deal in a second, not often a quality center is even available. I think Pavelski fits in great on the 2nd line with either Hossa or Kane on at RW.

It's fun to think about but very unlikely to happen. Until SJ goes into a rebuild, Wilson is unlikely to help out a WC playoff team with a top 6 forward.

coldsteelonice84 09-09-2012 09:58 PM

No thanks, throw in Niemi and take Emery and then it's viable.

HawksFan74 09-09-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 54209669)
No thanks, throw in Niemi and take Emery and then it's viable.

Yes - This!

xX Hot Fuss 09-10-2012 12:25 AM

And then we can have TWO average/below average goalie's! Yay!!!!

Sir Psycho T 09-10-2012 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 54212547)
And then we can have TWO average/below average goalie's! Yay!!!!

Neimi has won a Cup despite everything else and has better numbers then Crawford.

xX Hot Fuss 09-10-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T (Post 54213941)
Neimi has won a Cup despite everything else and has better numbers then Crawford.

False. The Hawk's amazing forward depth & the best d-pair in the league won a Cup. Niemi didn't win anything.

Niemi also doesn't get us past the 1st round against PHX if he's still a Hawk

unbridledid 09-10-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 54215391)
False. The Hawk's amazing forward depth & the best d-pair in the league won a Cup. Niemi didn't win anything.

Niemi also doesn't get us past the 1st round against PHX if he's still a Hawk

Thank you....

BobbyJet 09-10-2012 11:59 AM

Niemi is definitely better than Crawford when he is on his game but he is also hot and cold. At least that is the Niemi when he played in Chicago. I havenít seen him play much since but if he is still as inconsistent as he was, he solves nothing. Since we seem stuck with him, Iíd just as soon take my chances on the Crawford we saw 2 seasons ago. He wasnít great but at least he was consistent. The question is: Can he return to that form?

HawksFan74 09-10-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 54215391)
False. The Hawk's amazing forward depth & the best d-pair in the league won a Cup. Niemi didn't win anything.

Niemi also doesn't get us past the 1st round against PHX if he's still a Hawk

You think Niemi lets in two garbage OT goals in the playoffs. Hawks have a better shot with Niemi.

hockeydoug 09-10-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksFan74 (Post 54218377)
You think Niemi lets in two garbage OT goals in the playoffs. Hawks have a better shot with Niemi.

Niemi killed his team in game 2 and game 5. I guess it depends on the preference. Have a goalie get you to OT to lose a couple or lose a couple early instead of getting to OT. The results are the same and the offenses in front of both goalies struggled. I don't think Niemi does anything for them last year.

ChiGuySez 09-10-2012 02:10 PM

I can see Teravainen being ready in 2 years or less. Pavelski has a ton of talent but is 28 and 5'11" 195. TT is 5'11" and may grow another inch or 2 plus add weight.

Straight up for Bolland favors the Hawks. Adding Stalberg, definately no. Doesnt really matter b/c it wont happen anyways.

xX Hot Fuss 09-10-2012 02:17 PM

How the **** do you say Teuvo Terravainen????

NHL 13 says "Tay-voo Ter-eh-vain-in" I thought it was "Tway-voh Ter-eh-vine-in"

ChiGuySez 09-10-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 54221379)
How the **** do you say Teuvo Terravainen????

NHL 13 says "Tay-voo Ter-eh-vain-in" I thought it was "Tway-voh Ter-eh-vine-in"

Lol. Just use Gino, I mean TiVo. If he pounds it, then maybe twin turbo.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.