HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Vancouver - Fla + Toronto + Chicago [No goalies] (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1257735)

Ho Borvat 09-09-2012 11:20 PM

Vancouver - Fla + Toronto + Chicago [No goalies]

So theres countless proposals sending a goalie to these teams from Vancouver.
Im gonna try to make a set of proposals to each team that doesnt involve goaltending.
(Yes they may not be that perfect, but some potentially discussion that isnt just "lulongo is overpaidz")

Florida
Mason Raymond
Andrew Alberts

Vancouver
Shawn Matthias
Mike Weaver

Fla gets some added offense in the top-6.
Weaver has shown success with Garrison in the past, and at the very least gives us an imorovement over Alberts. (Wever/Alberts match salaries).

Toronto
Chris Tanev
3rd Round 2013

Vancouver
Carter Ashton
Cody Franson

Vancouver gets a winger who could be #1 callup, and a future Higgins replacement.
Toronto gets an NHL ready d-man who could play a top-4 role next to Gardiner next season.
Franson gives Vancouver an improvemet in defensive depth and gives them some extra insurance in the event of injuries.

Chicago
Jordan Schroeder

Vancouver
Kyle Beach

With Matthias and Gaunce in the system, Schroeder becomes fairly expendable.

Chicago and Vanxcouver swap prospects, and Vancouver gets a bit of a project winger.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Higgins
Hansen Matthias Kassian
Lapierre Manny Beach (Weise, Volpatti etc)

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Ballard Weaver
Franson

dubey 09-09-2012 11:22 PM

Toronto says thanx but no thanx

The Hockey Life 09-09-2012 11:22 PM

No from Tor.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6 09-09-2012 11:23 PM

Florida deal slightly favours the 'Nucks. I'd make it a 2nd instead of a 3rd.

Toronto deal looks equal.

Chicago definitely says no to that. I believe Hawk fans still want to see what Beach is about and they have been fairly positive about Carcillo's brief time with the Hawks last year. That said, Canuck fans are interested in how Schroeder will do. The imbalance lies with Weise & Carcillo. Carcillo >> Weise & Schroeder=Beach.

BrianTML2011 09-09-2012 11:24 PM

I would not say that Joe Colborne is an NHL Ready prospect.

In saying that the Leafs have a ton of Defensive prospects and need Joe Colborne as a centre prospect.

Leafs say no, even though value wise this would more than likely be pretty fair.

Vankiller Whale 09-09-2012 11:37 PM

Meh, sure.

I don't know if Colborne is NHL ready though,

BrianTML2011 09-09-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 54211877)
Meh, sure.

I don't know if Colborne is NHL ready though,

He isn't. He is getting close, but as of the end of last year he was not.

Vankiller Whale 09-09-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianTML2011 (Post 54211895)
He isn't. He is getting close, but as of the end of last year he was not.

Ah well.

Oh, Kack Zassian, you left your namesake out of the lineup. I'd put him in a top-6 role to start and see how he does.

Shawnathon 09-09-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kack zassian (Post 54211589)
Im gonna try to make a set of proposals to each team that doesnt involve goaltending.
(Yes they may not be that perfect, but some potentially discussion that isnt just "lulongo is overpaidz")

Florida
Mason Raymond
Andrew Alberts
3rd Round 2013

Vancouver
Sean Bergenheim
Mike Weaver

Weaver has shown success with Garrison in the past, and at the very least gives us an imorovement over Alberts. Basically Raymond for Bergenheim and Weaver for Alberts + 3rd (Wever/Alberts match salaries).

Toronto
Chris Tanev

Vancouver
Joe Colborne

Vancouver gets an NHL ready center prospect who could compete with Schroeder for 3C.
Toronto gets an NHL ready d-man who could play a top-4 role next to Gardiner next season.

Chicago
Jordan Schroeder
Dale Weise

Vancouver
Kyle Beach
Dan Carcillo

With Colborne and Gaunce in the system, Schroeder becomes fairly expendable.

Chicago and Vanxcouver swap prospects, and Vancouver gets a bit of a project winger.

Both teams also swap 4th line aggitators (Schroeder > Beach, Carcillo > Weise).

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Higgins
Bergenheim Colborne Hansen
Lapierre Manny Carcillo

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Ballard Weaver

Sean Bergenheim is a great third line player. And Raymond scares the crap out of me TBH. No idea what we'd be getting if we made a deal for him. And we have no use for Alberts at all.

ProstheticConscience 09-09-2012 11:41 PM

No thanks.

Can't see Florida being interested at all.

lol @ Tanev being top 4 ready and Colbourne being NHL ready.

Chicago deal does especially unpleasant things to my stomach.

MillarWithASave 09-09-2012 11:50 PM

Raymond = Bergenheim
Weaver >> Alberts
3rd round pick

It's not too bad, it's definitely not the worst proposal I have seen. And thanks for changing it up a little bit for the sake of all of these Luongo proposals.

WeridAl 09-10-2012 12:32 AM

Are not the Leafs in need of a big C and if Joe Colborne was NHL ready you would think the Leafs would want to keep him.

Back in 94 09-10-2012 01:03 AM

Florida fans were pretty high on Bergenheim last season IIRC, not sure why they would wanna trade him to the Canucks for Mason Raymond, the most hated man in Vancouver.:laugh:

Colborne is someone I'm interested in as a Canuck fan. That being said, Tanev has more value than him IMO.

Lastly I don't see any Chicago fans liking that deal.

smoke meat pete* 09-10-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianTML2011 (Post 54211679)
I would not say that Joe Colborne is an NHL Ready prospect.

In saying that the Leafs have a ton of Defensive prospects and need Joe Colborne as a centre prospect.

Leafs say no, even though value wise this would more than likely be pretty fair.

agreed with this.

StringerBell 09-10-2012 01:15 AM

I like the Florida deal for us. The others seem to be trades for the sake of making trades.

Double Dion 09-10-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kack zassian (Post 54211589)

Florida
Mason Raymond
Andrew Alberts
3rd Round 2013

Vancouver
Sean Bergenheim
Mike Weaver

Weaver has shown success with Garrison in the past, and at the very least gives us an imorovement over Alberts. Basically Raymond for Bergenheim and Weaver for Alberts + 3rd (Wever/Alberts match salaries).

Toronto
Chris Tanev

Vancouver
Joe Colborne

Vancouver gets an NHL ready center prospect who could compete with Schroeder for 3C.

Chicago
Jordan Schroeder
Dale Weise

Vancouver
Kyle Beach
Dan Carcillo

With Colborne and Gaunce in the system, Schroeder becomes fairly expendable.

Both teams also swap 4th line aggitators (Schroeder > Beach, Carcillo > Weise).

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Higgins
Bergenheim Colborne Hansen
Lapierre Manny Carcillo

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Ballard Weaver

Pretty good proposals in terms of value.

I bet Florida would think long and hard about that one. If I was them I'd do it.

I think the value is fairly close on the Leafs offer, but the last thing they need is another defenseman. The thing they need is a center, so I think they'd decline.

Again, good valuation on the Chicago trade, but I think they decline as well because they need organizational toughness. This trade is counter productive to that.

bobg1 09-10-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back in 94 (Post 54212867)
Florida fans were pretty high on Bergenheim last season IIRC, not sure why they would wanna trade him to the Canucks for Mason Raymond, the most hated man in Vancouver.:laugh:

Colborne is someone I'm interested in as a Canuck fan. That being said, Tanev has more value than him IMO.

Lastly I don't see any Chicago fans liking that deal.

What makes Raymond the "most hated man in Vancouver?" I thought that was Luongo

Leaf Rocket 09-10-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubey (Post 54211621)
Toronto says thanx but no thanx

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHockeySanctuary (Post 54211631)
No from Tor.

Pretty much.

I still think this guy is well liked within our organization and if he puts it together could be a pleasant surprise for the second line role. It would be a miracle if he can become that first liner he was predicted to be.

Laus723 09-10-2012 03:55 AM

Florida says no, Bergenheim was awesome last season and this doesn't upgrade us at all, no reason to do this.

Leaf Rocket 09-10-2012 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 54213909)
Florida says no, Bergenheim was awesome last season and this doesn't upgrade us at all, no reason to do this.

Would also insulate the transition of Huberdeau and Howden.

Reverend Mayhem 09-10-2012 04:38 AM

As a Canucks fan:

would do deal 1
would not do deal 2 and 3

Bubba88 09-10-2012 05:32 AM

why should TOR agree to this?
why should the Hawks agree to this?

what does this offer those teams when you take something they need and give them something they already have?

Sevanston 09-10-2012 07:18 AM

Chicago doesn't want Schroeder at the price of Beach, and I don't even think all that highly of Beach. But because his kind of talent is such a need in our organization, we're going to hold onto him until we're sure he does or doesn't have the stuff. And if he doesn't, we'll trade him to the highest bidder (probably Dale Tallon)

Throwing in Carcillo doesn't help matters, since he's been solid in his role since arriving here, and is better than Weise.

TOGuy14 09-10-2012 07:52 AM

I like Tanev but he wouldn't displace any of Phaneuf, Gardiner, Gunnar, or Liles so he wouldn't be top 4 for us...

Hawkaholic 09-10-2012 09:12 AM

Why would Chicago even think about this?