HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 11.0 ‎ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1257753)

overlords 09-10-2012 01:44 AM

Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 11.0 ‎

Continue here. Unstickied for the soccer off season.

The Russian General 09-10-2012 01:57 AM

MLS season isn't done, far from it.

overlords 09-10-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta (Post 54212835)
MLS season isn't done, far from it.

Just assumed because I heard so much talk about them being eliminated. My bad!

JordanStaal#1Fan 09-10-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 54212901)
Just assumed because I heard so much talk about them being eliminated. My bad!

They're not even eliminated, it is just gonna be real tough to make it to the postseason. Season ends on october 27th at the earliest.

Bud2790 09-10-2012 01:51 PM

overlords, I am disappoint :shakehead

Captain Saku 09-10-2012 02:21 PM

Even during post season I hope the thread remains stickied. There is so much stuffs that are expected to happen during off-season.

The Russian General 09-10-2012 03:40 PM

Overlords is a soccer-hating mod :sarcasm:

uocooco 09-10-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 54212725)

Even in the offseason it shouldn't be unstickied.

Bad Mod is Bad.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 09-10-2012 05:58 PM

Tomorrow at 20.30EST Canada at Panama. Hoping Bernier is subbed earlier.

HH 09-10-2012 06:01 PM

If they win tomorrow, they all but guarantee a spot in the final 6.

justsomeguy 09-10-2012 06:37 PM

It's all done but the math. The fat lady is singing scales backstage.

That being said, the Impact have treated Montrealers to a great inaugural MLS season, doing far better than anyone "in the know" figured they would.

A first-year head coach is handed a bunch of strangers in February and gets this kind of result. If things had unfolded differently for a total of about 60 minutes in the first half of the season, they're in the post-season.

Kudos to everyone involved, from Joey Saputo to the the kids in the concession stands.

PyrettaBlaze 09-10-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 54212725)

Why would you unsticky it? Makes no sense.

LaurentHabs 09-10-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justsomeguy (Post 54225841)
It's all done but the math. The fat lady is singing scales backstage.

That being said, the Impact have treated Montrealers to a great inaugural MLS season, doing far better than anyone "in the know" figured they would.

A first-year head coach is handed a bunch of strangers in February and gets this kind of result. If things had unfolded differently for a total of about 60 minutes in the first half of the season, they're in the post-season.

Kudos to everyone involved, from Joey Saputo to the the kids in the concession stands.

The unfortunate part is that the players that carry our team are old. Next year, its basically Win or Bust, cause after that, MDV & Nesta are gone, Same for Ferrari if he doesn't renew his contract & Bernier isn't getting any younger. Yes we do have Zarek, Jeb & Wenger, great nucleus of young talent, but we still need those "Impact" players to come once Nesta/MdV & Others [If Any] leave. Thats why I believe this off-season will be crucial recruiting wise

uocooco 09-10-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze (Post 54226383)
Why would you unsticky it? Makes no sense.

lol you're talking to a junior mod. bear with him.

JordanStaal#1Fan 09-10-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurentHabs (Post 54226567)
The unfortunate part is that the players that carry our team are old. Next year, its basically Win or Bust, cause after that, MDV & Nesta are gone, Same for Ferrari if he doesn't renew his contract & Bernier isn't getting any younger. Yes we do have Zarek, Jeb & Wenger, great nucleus of young talent, but we still need those "Impact" players to come once Nesta/MdV & Others [If Any] leave. Thats why I believe this off-season will be crucial recruiting wise

Not only do we have Valentin, Brovsky and Wenger, but we also have Warner who is only 24 and Felipe, 21, who could be a real stud down the road for us. Guys like Ouimette, Mallace, James and maybe Arguez aren't bad either. Bush is what? 25? And he looks to me as a legit number 1 down the road. And who knows how many good players the Academy will produce. I think we are in great shape for now and for the future, especially since guys like MDV and Nesta will have given us a lot of credibilty moving forward. Even guys like Ferrari, Rivas and Bernier give us credibility. The Soccer planet now knows that the Impact is a serious player and the future bodes well because of that.

Montreal Impact FC 09-10-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan (Post 54229141)
Not only do we have Valentin, Brovsky and Wenger, but we also have Warner who is only 24 and Felipe, 21, who could be a real stud down the road for us. Guys like Ouimette, Mallace, James and maybe Arguez aren't bad either. Bush is what? 25? And he looks to me as a legit number 1 down the road. And who knows how many good players the Academy will produce. I think we are in great shape for now and for the future, especially since guys like MDV and Nesta will have given us a lot of credibilty moving forward. Even guys like Ferrari, Rivas and Bernier give us credibility. The Soccer planet now knows that the Impact is a serious player and the future bodes well because of that.

I cant believe people dontmrealise nyassi is just 23 lol he may had a poor scoring touch but he has been getting better and better.

Maxpac 09-10-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC (Post 54229651)
I cant believe people dontmrealise nyassi is just 23 lol he may had a poor scoring touch but he has been getting better and better.

Yep, Nyassi is getting better and better almost every game he plays, especially his passing game.

Laurent, you're exagerating.. 1st of all, if we managed to get Di Vaio and Nesta in our inaugural season, what makes you think that we won't get even better players in 2, 3 years? We have Italian connections, a Euro feel city and a lot of money. I'm just sad we didn't get a 2nd DP during the 2nd transfer window. A left winger would of been perfect.

LaurentHabs 09-10-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 54232735)
Yep, Nyassi is getting better and better almost every game he plays, especially his passing game.

Laurent, you're exagerating.. 1st of all, if we managed to get Di Vaio and Nesta in our inaugural season, what makes you think that we won't get even better players in 2, 3 years? We have Italian connections, a Euro feel city and a lot of money. I'm just sad we didn't get a 2nd DP during the 2nd transfer window. A left winger would of been perfect.

Its more the circumstances under which we got them that worries me. The Management just wanted Di Vaio. When they went to meet him in Italy, MdV sent Ferrari to speak to Saputo & NDS. From there he got his tryout. Then once the Di Vaio signing was complete, Nesta jumped aboard, wanting to play his last years with his best friend. Thats pretty impressive when you think about it, What if the management didn't go meet MdV?

I agree with the second part though, our wings are so poor (Davy/Justin), barely threatening. Wells Thompson is a CAM/CM that plays on the Wings aswell, and just asked for a trade out of Colorado. Could be an option to try out for the remainder of a season in a 1 on 1 swap with Justin Mapp.

Also agree with the DP Part, I'd love to get a young/prime aged player that can help the team now and for years to come :handclap:

JordanStaal#1Fan 09-11-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC (Post 54229651)

I totally forgot about him. I do agree with you, he is a nice piece of our future. He won't be a star, but he is a keeper.

Benzaza 09-11-2012 10:00 AM

Three Center Backs in a Four-man Defense: Advantage or Dilemma

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2012...age-or-dilemma

Thank you for the support :-)

Rumcajs 09-11-2012 10:18 AM

Whats with all the quitter talk around here??

Watch this for immediate inspiration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA[/YT]

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 09-11-2012 05:55 PM

Vally played in the last reserve game. At least he's healthy...

LaurentHabs 09-11-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt (Post 54250855)
Vally played in the last reserve game. At least he's healthy...

MTL Finished 1st in Eastern in the reserve League, waiting Results to know if they won the League lol

Article Bout' Zarek -- http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-starting-role

ThaDevilGirl 09-11-2012 06:01 PM

For those who want to watch Canada-Panama tonight at 9 and don't have Sportnet, it will be broadcasted on Citytv.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 09-11-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurentHabs (Post 54250935)
MTL Finished 1st in Eastern in the reserve League, waiting Results to know if they won the League lol

Article Bout' Zarek -- http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-starting-role

I thought he was injured the whole time since he wasn't even a sub. Interesting. Hope we don't drive him away from the club.