HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Lockout Fallout, Who Comes to Norfolk? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1258221)

randyc 09-11-2012 10:02 AM

Lockout Fallout, Who Comes to Norfolk?

With the lockout seeming to be a certainty, who from the regular Ducks roster winds up in Norfolk? Cam Fowler, Devante Smith-Pelly, Palmierie, Bonino? Does JDD still come down?

Help supply the answers to these questions.

Exit Dose 09-11-2012 10:22 AM

Bonino would have to clear waivers, I think.

Tony O 09-11-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 54241253)
Bonino would have to clear waivers, I think.

Does anybody know for sure? Because if the CBA has expired thereís no valid contract in place anymore; plus the players are locked-out. Therefore the waiver rules may not apply. I donít know?????

snarktacular 09-11-2012 02:36 PM

Good point. Seems like probably shouldn't apply.

Don't know if they did last time or not.

duckaroosky 09-11-2012 02:46 PM

Guys... this is clearly Randy Carlyle trying to figure out who we will put on the waiver wire so he can pick them up. Don't help him :sarcasm:

Carelton CA 09-11-2012 02:54 PM

Anybody who has to clear waivers, during the lockout, will not be allowed to play in the AHL since they have no AHL contract and only a one-way NHL contract. Already stated. So anyone not on an ELC or a two way contract can not go to the AHL.

Paul4587 09-11-2012 04:29 PM

They'll have to be assigned before the lockout kicks in don't they? So waiver rules will apply.

Fowler (if the team feels he's not too good for the AHL), Palmieri, Holland, DSP who would otherwise likely be in Anaheim will start the year in Norfolk I would think.

Govment Cheese 09-11-2012 05:20 PM

NHL, NHLPA Agree On Special Pre-Lockout Waiver Period

Any player on a two-way contract can be sent to the AHL and won't be subject to reentry waivers when recalled.
So, the real question is who will go to Europe and who is willing to be sent to the AHL?

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/9/1...12-waivers-ahl

Quote:

To put it simply, a player currently signed to a two-way contract can play hockey with their farm team, as long as he assigned there by September 15th. In December October, the parent club has up to three days before the season starts to bring that player back without having to put him on re-entry waivers.

snarktacular 09-11-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carelton CA (Post 54247981)
Anybody who has to clear waivers, during the lockout, will not be allowed to play in the AHL since they have no AHL contract and only a one-way NHL contract. Already stated. So anyone not on an ELC or a two way contract can not go to the AHL.

You may be right that waivers are still a limitation, but I don't think your reason is correct. A player can still be both waiver eligible and on a 2-way contract. They are not mutually exclusive.

duxfan8 09-12-2012 11:22 AM

Big Sexy should be placed on waivers and sent down

duxfan8 09-12-2012 11:23 AM

Also, remember that the AHL has veteran limits (as far as how many veterans can suit up per game). That could also make it tougher for some teams to send down players.

Lord Flashheart 09-12-2012 12:25 PM

EDIT: Misread.

Paul4587 09-12-2012 04:49 PM

Do players on one way contracts who get placed on waivers and sent to the minors while there is a lockout still get paid their full salary? If so, Sexton and JDD may not be assigned to Norfolk to save money.

Exit Dose 09-13-2012 09:02 AM

If they are on a one-way contract, then that is what they'll make if sent down.

TheJoeMan 09-13-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 54288845)
If they are on a one-way contract, then that is what they'll make if sent down.

One-way players can't be sent down, their locked out. Only two-way players can because they are also under contract with an AHL team. NHL teams can't administrate this players whatsoever in a lockout, just the two-way guys and even then it's the AHL teams that handle it.

Exit Dose 09-13-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJoeMan (Post 54289397)
One-way players can't be sent down, their locked out. Only two-way players can because they are also under contract with an AHL team. NHL teams can't administrate this players whatsoever in a lockout, just the two-way guys and even then it's the AHL teams that handle it.

My point was that being in the minors isn't what determines pay, the structure of your contract does.

What you said sounds correct.

duxfan8 09-13-2012 11:37 AM

@TSNBobMcKenzie
Quote:

Waivers: ANA: Deslauriers, Sexton
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...87317965361152

duxfan8 09-13-2012 11:48 AM

I think my original post in this thread got deleted, but after Sep. 15 the NHL contracts are suspended (just like if a player fled to Europe during the season). So after Sep. 15, a player can sign an AHL deal. Stephens just tweeted:
Quote:

Sexton and Deslauriers are on one-way NHL deals this season. Figure that Ducks will try to get them to sign AHL deals during lockout.
Quote:

Should add that Sexton and Deslauriers have to clear waivers first
https://twitter.com/icemancometh

randyc 09-13-2012 12:21 PM

First Wave

This is just the first of a number of moves leading up to the lockout.

Be interesting to see if Sexton and JDD will sign AHL deals.

Eddie Shack 09-13-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randyc (Post 54293215)
This is just the first of a number of moves leading up to the lockout.

Be interesting to see if Sexton and JDD will sign AHL deals.

They need to stay in shape and it's always nice to have some money coming in. Can't see why they wouldn't.

Paul4587 09-13-2012 04:43 PM

So they don't get paid by the Ducks if they play in the AHL, they have to sign AHL deals right? That's good for ownership, at least they're not paying them NHL salaries to play in the minors for at least the first few months of the season.

DuckJet 09-14-2012 05:49 AM

Well apparently Lindholm will start the season with Norfolk.

Fowler-Lindholm
Vatanen-Clark

Pretty sexy right?

randyc 09-14-2012 08:43 AM

I Hope You're Right

DuckJet, I am making offerings to the hockey gods that what you say comes to pass. I had read where he was not on the roster of his SEL team Rogle and was hanging out in Ocean Beach.

Tell him to hop on a jet and head East. We have some good beaches here and the weather is still very good.

ShadowDuck 09-14-2012 11:52 AM

This lockout could be te best thing for Fowlers development.

Jesus Teemu 09-14-2012 12:27 PM

While it's exceedingly disappointing to have yet another lockout, it will be very interesting to see how all these high quality prospects play together. That should be an exciting team.