HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   The Bad Trading thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1258585)

IU Hawks fan 09-11-2012 02:11 PM

The Bad Trading thread
 
Thread to discuss horrible trades that have been made in your league, vetoing them, and what not.
__________________________________________________ __

One of my best friends is really not a sports fan. Loves going to baseball games for the experience of sitting outside drinking and what not, but other than that he couldn't give a ****. Our group of friends started a new league this year, and he joined not cuz he cares about football, but just as a way to keep in touch.

He just's accepted a trade sending away Ryan Matthews for Redskins RB Alfred Morris. :shakehead

I know Matthews is out for a while, but this is just garbage. Morris had 1 good week, but you can't predict any kind of consistency from any skins RB, let alone one only on about 30% of teams.

If this goes through, my league is literally handing someone an extra 2nd round pick for the 2nd half of the season. Absolute garbage!

Big Poppa Puck 09-11-2012 07:37 PM

Like 2 years ago someone offered someone else the Seahawks DEF for Rashard Mendenhall in one of my leagues. :laugh:

He said "What? Its a good trade Seahawks got like 20+ points last week and are a top ranked D."

This was a few days after Leon Washington ran 2 Kicks back inflating their stats. :biglaugh:

ryan41 09-11-2012 07:57 PM

this is happening in my league

Vick and MJD

for

Aaron Rodgers and Turner

i have no idea why someone would do this trade after week one...the guy posted how rodgers was available after the loss

am i overreacting?

Bob Richards 09-25-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan41 (Post 54254751)
this is happening in my league

Vick and MJD

for

Aaron Rodgers and Turner

i have no idea why someone would do this trade after week one...the guy posted how rodgers was available after the loss

am i overreacting?

It's still really early in the season but MJD is clearly better than Turner and fantasy wise, Vick has been better than Rodgers as of now.

Fighter 09-25-2012 05:35 AM

Chris Johnson for a six pack, real highway robbery.

I feel bad for the guy who gave me the six pack but it's not my fault he accepted.

Big Poppa Puck 09-25-2012 02:19 PM

This trade happened in one of my leagues last week:

AJ Green and Mike Williams for Matt Ryan and Jamaal Charles. :facepalm:

Same guy who offered the aforementioned SEA DST for Mendenhall is the one trading Charles and Ryan.

BobaFett424 09-25-2012 05:11 PM

Had a good one one last week. Someone traded Calvin Johnson and Marques Colston for Wes Welker and Willis Mcgahee. Needless to say many people were pissed.

CFD 09-25-2012 07:42 PM

Foster and Desean Jackson for Chris Johnson, D. Thomas, and Philip Rivers

Morozov 09-25-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down (Post 54587227)
Foster and Desean Jackson for Chris Johnson, D. Thomas, and Philip Rivers

Haha man that is a terrible one.

Bob Richards 09-25-2012 08:54 PM

Hell, I traded Darren McFadden straight up for Peyton Manning. I'd say its worked well so far.

Really helps when Drew Brees is your starting QB.

Kronwalled55 10-05-2012 09:13 AM

Mike Wallace
LeSean McCoy

For

Stevie Johnson
Ryan Williams
Ryan Mathews

I'm not going to veto it. The guy trading McCoy is in first place, the guy getting him is in last. But wow... Maybe the TOTAL value is there, but I think everyone would rather have McCoy and Wallace...

Scotianhab 10-08-2012 04:13 PM

I needed receiver help and about 2 weeks ago offered Bradshaw to a fellow for Antonio Brown. I forgot about it and after last nights game he accepted. Next year I'm lobbying for a deadline on which to accept a trade. I'm pissed I forgot to cancel the trade and it's made my blood boil all damn day...

FiveAndGame 10-09-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotianhab (Post 54850477)
I needed receiver help and about 2 weeks ago offered Bradshaw to a fellow for Antonio Brown. I forgot about it and after last nights game he accepted. Next year I'm lobbying for a deadline on which to accept a trade. I'm pissed I forgot to cancel the trade and it's made my blood boil all damn day...

ESPN automatically expires the offer after two days I think.

Big Poppa Puck 10-09-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiveAndGame (Post 54877365)
ESPN automatically expires the offer after two days I think.

You can set how long to keep it up for on ESPN. I think its 2-7 days.

Fuzzy Bunny 10-10-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 54246693)
Thread to discuss horrible trades that have been made in your league, vetoing them, and what not.
__________________________________________________ __

One of my best friends is really not a sports fan. Loves going to baseball games for the experience of sitting outside drinking and what not, but other than that he couldn't give a ****. Our group of friends started a new league this year, and he joined not cuz he cares about football, but just as a way to keep in touch.

He just's accepted a trade sending away Ryan Matthews for Redskins RB Alfred Morris. :shakehead

I know Matthews is out for a while, but this is just garbage. Morris had 1 good week, but you can't predict any kind of consistency from any skins RB, let alone one only on about 30% of teams.

If this goes through, my league is literally handing someone an extra 2nd round pick for the 2nd half of the season. Absolute garbage!


Morris for Matthews doesn't seem so bad right now.

IU Hawks fan 10-10-2012 10:06 AM

Nope. We were all joking over the weekend about how we all kinda ****ed the one guy there :laugh:

After week 1, who'd have thunk it?

MurrayBannerman 10-10-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 (Post 54781461)
Mike Wallace
LeSean McCoy

For

Stevie Johnson
Ryan Williams
Ryan Mathews

I'm not going to veto it. The guy trading McCoy is in first place, the guy getting him is in last. But wow... Maybe the TOTAL value is there, but I think everyone would rather have McCoy and Wallace...

I would veto the **** out of that

ryan41 10-14-2012 09:59 PM

Rodgers for Mendenhall and Gonzalez

WeThreeKings 11-21-2012 07:26 PM

Someone in my league dropped Tannehill... a few weeks later he traded Aaron Hernandez for Tannehill... and its a keeper league.

Hammettf2b 12-19-2012 01:17 PM

One of the leagues I'm in ppl veto trades just to be jerks. I wasnt aware of this when i joined but apparently this league has been this way for years. My buddy (the commish) told me there hasnt been a trade in his league for years. Needless to say i wont be joining this league again if it stays this way.

chilly98 12-19-2012 06:16 PM

After week two I made a trade with a buddy, I traded Megatron, Julio and Witten for Rodgers, Mcfadden and Bowe. At the time and for a couple of weeks later I was kinda winning that trade, then it blew up in my face haha.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.