HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Sit/Start Week 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1258637)

tbcwpg 09-11-2012 04:40 PM

Sit/Start Week 2

Might as well as there's a game Thursday.

I'll start with a two-part question:

On TE, I have Keller as a starter but picked up Rudolph in Minnesota as a back up. Rudolph seems to be Ponder's favourite target, and Keller had only one catch when the NYJ offence took off, seemingly leaving him behind. Is Rudolph the best play here?

For the Flex position (standard scoring), Smith in Detroit will get a heavy workload but he's going up against a tight 49ers D. DeAngelo Williams has a friendlier matchup, but he's hard to trust after last weekend. Or, I could go with Holmes in that spot. Torn there too.

New Sabres Captain 09-11-2012 05:10 PM

2 leagues:

Pick 2 (1 RB, 1 flex):
McGahee @ Atlanta
Richardson @ Cincinnati
Boldin @ Philadelphia
VJax @ Giants

I figure Richardson has a decent matchup, but the other 3 I'm torn.

=====

flex spot:
Stevie Johnson vs Chiefs
Pierre Garcon @ StL
Donald Brown vs Minnesota

Garcon had the big game, but he's banged up, so I'm thinking stick with Stevie.

Marc the Habs Fan 09-11-2012 06:27 PM

Alshon Jeffery @ GB's suspect D or Antonio Brown vs NYJ's strong D?

Not sure what to pick here. Rookie with an easier matchup, but on the road...or a more proven player at home facing a quality D?

Also, KC defence @ Buffalo or Denver defence @ Atlanta? Should I wait to see if the Chiefs get back Flowers? Obviously Falcons offence >>> Bills offence, but the Broncos defence picked up 19 points last week, while the Chiefs went -2.

Or should I play the waiver wire and grab OAK defence @ MIA? Or what about WSH defence @ STL?

Big Poppa Puck 09-11-2012 07:35 PM

Probably gonna sit Mathews even if he plays so its Doug Martin or Alfred Morris?

Kronwalled55 09-11-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 54252695)

Not sure what to pick here. Rookie with an easier matchup, but on the road...or a more proven player at home facing a quality D?

Brown. Revis will likely be on Wallace, and Antonio will get the targets.

Quote:

Also, KC defence @ Buffalo or Denver defence @ Atlanta? Should I wait to see if the Chiefs get back Flowers? Obviously Falcons offence >>> Bills offence, but the Broncos defence picked up 19 points last week, while the Chiefs went -2.

Or should I play the waiver wire and grab OAK defence @ MIA? Or what about WSH defence @ STL?
I would go with Oakland, but if you decide to keep both of your defenses, I would pick KC. I doubt either team in that contest scores a lot of points. Denver and Atlanta could be a shootout, and Ryan looked really good last weak.

kojaxiu 09-11-2012 08:08 PM

deleted

Marc the Habs Fan 09-11-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 (Post 54254383)
I would go with Oakland, but if you decide to keep both of your defenses, I would pick KC. I doubt either team in that contest scores a lot of points. Denver and Atlanta could be a shootout, and Ryan looked really good last weak.

My concern with OAK is a: a short week for them and b: having to fly 5 hours to get to Miami for a game at 10 am PT...

New Sabres Captain 09-11-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Bills O-line is very good, so Chiefs likely aren't going to get much in terms of sacks. But you also can't count on another TD from the Broncos defense (since it's hard to predict any defense is going to score points like that). With Fred Jackson and David Nelson out, Bills offense is weaker, plus FitzTragic is always there, so Chiefs D seems like a decent bet.

flyersfan187 09-11-2012 08:19 PM

Three of (no ppr)

Shonn Greene vs Pit
Kevin Smith vs SF
Donald Brown vs Min
Brandon Lloyd vs Ari
Ryan Mathews vs Ten
Kevin Ogletree vs Sea

Scotianhab 09-11-2012 08:38 PM

Trying to decide on QB's, RB, DEF

Luck vs Min or
Schaub @ Jac.

Also have to pick 3 of 4 RB.

Arian Foster @ Jac
Jamaal Charles @ Buff
Ahmad Bradshaw vs TBB
CJ Spiller vs KC

Obviously Foster is one of them.

Bills defense vs KC or
Steelers Def vs Jets.

Marc the Habs Fan 09-11-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotianhab (Post 54255763)
Luck vs Min or
Schaub @ Jac.

Schaub.

Honestly, with how terrible the Colts OL is, Luck is not a great fantasy option at this point. Jared Allen is already licking his chops.

yoteshot 09-11-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Trying to decide on QB's, RB, DEF

Luck vs Min or
Schaub @ Jac.

Also have to pick 3 of 4 RB.

Arian Foster @ Jac
Jamaal Charles @ Buff
Ahmad Bradshaw vs TBB
CJ Spiller vs KC

Obviously Foster is one of them.

Bills defense vs KC or
Steelers Def vs Jets.

There ;)

yoteshot 09-11-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan187 (Post 54255299)
Three of (no ppr)

Shonn Greene vs Pit
Kevin Smith vs SF
Donald Brown vs Min
Brandon Lloyd vs Ari
Ryan Mathews vs Ten
Kevin Ogletree vs Sea

I like Lloyd, Mathews and Ogletree. Not a fan of any RB against Pittsburgh or SF. Not a fan of Brown at all :laugh:

Wheatley 09-12-2012 04:52 AM

Kevin Smith @ SF or Beanie Wells @ NE

BGDDYKWL 09-12-2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbcwpg (Post 54250615)
On TE, I have Keller as a starter but picked up Rudolph in Minnesota as a back up. Rudolph seems to be Ponder's favourite target, and Keller had only one catch when the NYJ offence took off, seemingly leaving him behind. Is Rudolph the best play here?

I'd try to trade for a TE. J/K. Like you mentioned, the Jets went off and Keller did nothing. Rudolph was the far more productive of the two, and had seven targets to Keller's one. I think you gotta go Rudolph.

Quote:

For the Flex position (standard scoring), Smith in Detroit will get a heavy workload but he's going up against a tight 49ers D. DeAngelo Williams has a friendlier matchup, but he's hard to trust after last weekend. Or, I could go with Holmes in that spot. Torn there too.
DWill had a dream matchup last week and did absolutely nothing. I'd definitely go Smith. He's the only back there, and he can catch balls. Much more likely he'll have a productive day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 54251145)
McGahee @ Atlanta
Richardson @ Cincinnati
Boldin @ Philadelphia
VJax @ Giants

I could see VJax having a big day against that Giants secondary, and as you mentioned, I think Richardson is the must start of the bunch. I'm not real high on Boldin these days so I'd lean McGahee.

Quote:

Stevie Johnson vs Chiefs
Pierre Garcon @ StL
Donald Brown vs Minnesota
I'd rank them Brown, Stevie, Garcon. I always prefer going with a starting RB as you know he's gonna get touches.

Quote:

I'd definitely go with Brown. One possibly fluke week from a rookie doesn't do it for me. Brown's more a possession receiver, so I don't see him getting shut down.

Quote:

I'd be very tempted to go with Oakland here. Miami is terrible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel (Post 54254165)
Probably gonna sit Mathews even if he plays so its Doug Martin or Alfred Morris?

I have much more confidence in a guy who you know's gonna get the majority of the touches (who also looked pretty good last week) as opposed to one of Shanny's musical running backs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kojaxiu (Post 54255015)
Marques Colston - NO
Jeremy Maclin - PHI
Doug Martin - TB
Nate Burleson - DET

I think Maclin's a little banged up, so I'd definitely go Colston and Martin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan187 (Post 54255299)
Shonn Greene vs Pit
Kevin Smith vs SF
Donald Brown vs Min
Brandon Lloyd vs Ari
Ryan Mathews vs Ten
Kevin Ogletree vs Sea

Definitely not Mathews, way too risky. Smith is the best start of the bunch IMO. Well him or Lloyd. Third guy I'd start is Brown. I can't see Greene doing anything against Pitt, and I'd like another week or two out of Ogletree before I'm sold.

Quote:

Luck vs Min or
Schaub @ Jac.

Schaub has become very mediocre with Foster's emergence, but I think you still gotta go with him here.

Quote:

Arian Foster @ Jac
Jamaal Charles @ Buff
Ahmad Bradshaw vs TBB
CJ Spiller vs KC
Wow this one's tough. I would've said Foster, Spiller, Charles no question, but Tampa's run D was awful last year. But with that in mind, DWill did absolutely nothing against it last week. I think I'd still sit Bradshaw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheatley (Post 54261799)
Kevin Smith @ SF or Beanie Wells @ NE

Definitely Kevin Smith. He's the clear number one there (for now), and Beanie doesn't play a whole lot when the Cards are losing (which needless to say is likely).

MJG 09-12-2012 08:06 AM

Rivers vs Tennessee or Cutler @ Green Bay ?

Jennings (groin) or Britt (knee) ?

tbcwpg 09-12-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL (Post 54261905)
I'd try to trade for a TE. J/K. Like you mentioned, the Jets went off and Keller did nothing. Rudolph was the far more productive of the two, and had seven targets to Keller's one. I think you gotta go Rudolph.

Haha I'm looking for a new TE, but I'll roll with Rudolph for now. Last year my main TE ended up being a week 3 waiver pickup so I'm not going to give up too much for one unless it's a big 3 guy.

Kronwalled55 09-12-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJG (Post 54263063)
Rivers vs Tennessee or Cutler @ Green Bay ?

Jennings (groin) or Britt (knee) ?

Green Bay is likely going to be on a mission next game. I can't see Cutler having an "average" game. Either great, or bad. Rivers is the safe bet, but if you're feeling risky, go Cutler.

I would go with Jennings. Britt is going to be limited. Locker hasn't shown many signs of brilliance either.

JustGivingEr 09-12-2012 11:16 AM

I've got two decisions that I'm looking some advice for.

Should I start Stafford or Roethlisberger? Stafford is coming off a bad game and Detroit is playing in San Francisco (arguably the best D in the league). Big Ben had a good week last week and is playing home to the Jets. Right now I'm leaning towards Big Ben.

Also, should I start Dwayne Bowe (in Buffalo) or Kenny Britt (in San Diego), or even Randy Moss (home to Detroit).

I've got Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant starting already but I'm not sure who my third should be.

tbcwpg 09-12-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 (Post 54266959)
Green Bay is likely going to be on a mission next game. I can't see Cutler having an "average" game. Either great, or bad. Rivers is the safe bet, but if you're feeling risky, go Cutler.

I would go with Jennings. Britt is going to be limited. Locker hasn't shown many signs of brilliance either.

Schefter just tweeted it looks like Jennings is "unlikely" for tomorrow.

Hick Leafs Fan 09-12-2012 11:32 AM

Big ben vs the jets or e.manning vs tb??

Colton2233 09-12-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafsFan10 (Post 54267425)
Big ben vs the jets or e.manning vs tb??

Manning. They had 4 extra days off Giants going to have a huge come back game.

Colton2233 09-12-2012 11:42 AM

michael bush (chi) I play in a PPR how do people think he's going to do vs GB. Only othere guy I can play is Rashad Jennings. With MJD back thinking Bush is better play

Kronwalled55 09-12-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbcwpg (Post 54267029)
Schefter just tweeted it looks like Jennings is "unlikely" for tomorrow.

RIGHT! I forgot they play tomorrow instead of Sunday. I guess go with Britt then.

TML g u n n e R s* 09-12-2012 11:54 AM