HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   OT: XBOX Pens HF Board GMC, Check Post #132 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1258659)

M0NTY26 09-11-2012 07:46 PM

XBOX Pens HF Board GMC, Check Post #132

http://prosandcondos.files.wordpress...nsert-here.png
(Space Reserved for the League Artwork)

With the official release of EA Sports NHL 13, we're formally launching our boards league, Pens HF Board. My name is Monty and I'll be overseeing things. Use the following thread to discuss things around the league, propose and engage in trade talks, schedule matches against upcoming opponents, etc.. Please refer to the bottom of this post frequently, as it will constantly be updated with league news.

*Rules:
NHL Schedule Period: 3 Days
Allow Simming of Games: Yes
Allow Join Request: Yes
Skill Level: Pro
Game Style: Current
Period Length: 5 Minutes
Offsides: Delayed
Icing: On
Penalties: On
Post Whistle Rules: Authentic
Penalty Time Scaling: On
Fighting: On
Season Tie Break: 5 Minutes (4 on 4) then Shootout
CPU Trading: Off
Waivers: On
Max. Users per Team per Game: 6

After you join the league, I strongly suggest that you head down to My NHL 13 on the main menu. From their, go to Customize AI, then build your AI. Once you've finished that, head back into our league and press start. Next, go down to GM Options, then to Upload a Build Your AI File. This will help your team get to their game, quicker, especially when you're simming a game.

Since the previous owners have shown no desire since launch to sign up for the league we are currently accepting GM's for the three teams listed below. First come, first serve.

Quote:

Open Roster Spots:

Anaheim -
Florida -
Minnesota -

If you've decided to make a trade and you finalized it in the previous thread, you can find it below posted as a reminder. I'll remove them once they've officially gone through in the game.

Pending Trades:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBenSF (Post 53832157)
CONFIRMED TRADE

:rangers

Scott Hartnell
:flyers

Brian Boyle
Dylan McIlrath
Phoenix 2013 Second Round Pick
New York 2013 Second Round Pick

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBenSF (Post 53901653)
CONFIRMED TRADE

Bobby Ryan

:ducks

Dan Girardi
Stu Bickel
Chris Kreider

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBenSF (Post 54120535)
CONFIRMED TRADE

:flames

Nashville 2013 1st Round Pick
F Christian Thomas

D Jay Bouwmeester

League News

Updated 9/12: DO NOT PLAY ANY GAMES UNTIL ALL GMS ARE REGISTERED! Once everyone is registered, we will discuss our next move, as far as how long we want the schedule to be and when we want to start making our trades.

To kick this thread off right, I want each user to post a thread that tells their lineup, their trading block wants and demands, along with a few of your top prospects that aren't untouchable. This next step is VERY important though, because if we take the time to actually nerd it up and handle the details now, it'll make things easier. Make sure that we each post our teams lineups, etc., in alphabetical order, so we can easily find each team when we're looking to explore trades/scout/etc.. So this means that Anaheim (Dylan6866) should post their roster first and Washington (Tafkak) last, just to spell it out lol. Then, if you're looking to make a trade with Chicago, you can come to this thread and refer to post 7, (since this post will be number one), or the 16th if you're interested in Nashville, etc.. You get the point. A mod can hopefully delete all the post inbetween to clean things up and assure each post is where it belongs. Thanks.

Updated 9/14: So, as of today, we have 7 people that've yet to register in the league. I currently have 6 people that've sent request to GM teams, but they're not the users posted in this thread. However, we can't sit around and wait to begin things forever, so I think it's only fair the remaining GM's that've yet to sign up have until Sunday night to sign up, or we'll allow new players to replace them due to inactivity. This gives everyone plenty of time to take the few minutes needed to sign up and if you haven't done it by then, it just shows you're really not that interested. So, with the 7 remaining teams available, which you can see above, I'm opening signups on a first come, first serve basis. If you're interested, post the team you'd like to have, send a request on the game and as long as the original owner doesn't sign up by Sunday night, the team will be yours. Thanks.

* - Subject to change lol

Previous Thread (Sign Ups):
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1212001

aSockalypse 09-11-2012 08:02 PM

Anyone preorder from gamestop and get a non-working code for the HUT gold packs??
My code wouldn't work earlier, I wasnt sure if it hadn't been activated yet or I got a bonk code..

M0NTY26 09-11-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacco12 (Post 54253413)
Anyone preorder from gamestop and get a non-working code for the HUT gold packs??
My code wouldn't work earlier, I wasnt sure if it hadn't been activated yet or I got a bonk code..

Happen to me. I sent them an email.

Epic Neal Time 09-11-2012 10:13 PM

Thanks for taking over. Much appreciated.

Epic Neal Time 09-11-2012 10:35 PM

:hawks

G/T: Fender731

Lineup:

Stalberg (81) - Toews (90) - Kane (86)
Frolik (79) - Sharp (87) - Hossa (89)
Brunette (78) - Bolland (84) - Bickell (75)
Kruger (74) - Morrison (77) - Carcillo (76)

Keith (90) - Seabrook (86)
Hjalmarsson (84) - Leddy (79)
Montador (78) - Oduya (80)
Lepisto (75) - Brookbank (72)

Crawford (82)
Emery (76)

Top Prospects:
(Pos, OVR, POT)

Saad (LW, 62, 3.5Y)
Teravainen (C, 55, 3.5Y)
Shaw (RW, 71, 3.5Y)
Hayes (RW, 73, 3.5Y)
Morin (LW, 68, 3.5Y)
Pirri (C, 72, 3.5Y)
McNeill (C, 60, 4Y)
Beach (LW, 72, 4Y)

Picks:
2013: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th
2014: All picks

On the block:

Bolland
Leddy
Hjalmarsson
Crawford in a package for a better G

Wants:
Top-6 LW
2C with 1C upside.
Upgrade on Crawford

Updated as of 9/14.

M0NTY26 09-12-2012 02:21 AM

Have we decided if we're going to allow people to have more than one user per team, so you can play with your friends in the league, or is it us only?

SUBdrewgANS 09-12-2012 08:25 AM

:nashville
Line-up / Trade Block

Kane 84 - Legwand 83 - Erat 83
Hornqvist 82 - Smith 79 - Wilson 80
Gaustad 77 - Spaling 78 - Halischuk 77
Yip 75 - XXX- Bourque 71
*Kostitsyn 81

Weber 90 - Staal 85
Gill 80 - Hannan ??
Klein 78 - Josi 73

Pavelec 82
Mason 72

Picks:
2013: 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th
2014: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bold: Untouchable
Colored: On Block
Regular: Open to Discussion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wants/Needs:

2/3 Line Center
Defensive Depth
Back-up Goaltender (overall 75-78)
2013 Picks

66_Lemieux_66 09-12-2012 10:05 AM

I am picking up my copy of the game tomorrow at Gamestop and will join after work...

(DigittyDankster)

DockEllisExperience 09-12-2012 10:33 AM

I won't be picking up this game until the season start, so someone can have my spot. I'm not giving these slugs anymore money than they already have until they're out of the lock out.

Beauner 09-12-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DockEllisExperience (Post 54264553)
I won't be picking up this game until the season start, so someone can have my spot. I'm not giving these slugs anymore money than they already have until they're out of the lock out.

Does the NHL even get much revenue from the game? I fugured EA gets all, if not the great majority of revenues. the league just provides the rights to the team names and the Stanley Cup.

Theredbeard 09-12-2012 12:01 PM

I'll sign up, when I get off work today.

gdsmack267 09-12-2012 12:29 PM

Please delete my name from the roster. I had the devils.

SUBdrewgANS 09-12-2012 12:35 PM

is anyone currently designing the leagues artwork? I could probably do one if I find myself with some time.

DockEllisExperience 09-12-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedberg1 (Post 54264635)
Does the NHL even get much revenue from the game? I fugured EA gets all, if not the great majority of revenues. the league just provides the rights to the team names and the Stanley Cup.

No idea, it's the principle of the thing though. Plus, I'm not going to want to play a hockey video game when there isn't any hockey. Not to mention, I only play video games on the weekends at this point so I'm not sure my schedule really jives with everyone's.

Twenty One 09-12-2012 12:56 PM

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I will be able to join on Friday night and I won't have internet access until then. I can't wait to start playing.

Dan Barr 09-12-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DockEllisExperience (Post 54267651)
No idea, it's the principle of the thing though. Plus, I'm not going to want to play a hockey video game when there isn't any hockey. Not to mention, I only play video games on the weekends at this point so I'm not sure my schedule really jives with everyone's.

Yeah, I'm thinking EA pays the league a one-time fee for the licensing and then keeps all the revenues.

As for not wanting to play this if there's no NHL, I look at it the opposite way. This game will give me my hockey fix when there's no real hockey, just like during the summer.

Kennedyyyy48 09-12-2012 02:48 PM

i will join sometime today. got the head in the books today :(

Jeremyisgood 09-12-2012 03:22 PM

Monty, thanks for pulling this together. I'm the GM of the Caps, and I'll join tonight. My friend is GM of the Lightning, and I'll try to get him in tonight, as well. Also, I'm not sure if it was you or not, but whoever was talking about EASHL, we could make a team or whatever if your up for it.

aSockalypse 09-12-2012 03:59 PM

Hey M0nty, and others, have you gotten your code from gamestop for the gold pack to work? Do i need to email someone or will it be resolved?

Also @ Jeremy i'd be down for a club.

Another thing, Anybody else start a HUT team and get penguins logo and jersey kits? Or was I just really lucky :handclap:
Didn't know if they handed those out based on your favorite team selection.

Beauner 09-12-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacco12 (Post 54272751)
Hey M0nty, and others, have you gotten your code from gamestop for the gold pack to work? Do i need to email someone or will it be resolved?

Also @ Jeremy i'd be down for a club.

Another thing, Anybody else start a HUT team and get penguins logo and jersey kits? Or was I just really lucky :handclap:
Didn't know if they handed those out based on your favorite team selection.

Yeah they do, you also got a few Pens players. I got Sullivan, Vitale and Theissen.

aSockalypse 09-12-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedberg1 (Post 54272783)
Yeah they do, you also got a few Pens players. I got Sullivan, Vitale and Theissen.

Oh okay, cool. Yeah I got Sullivan, Park, and Asham.

SUBdrewgANS 09-12-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacco12 (Post 54272903)
Oh okay, cool. Yeah I got Sullivan, Park, and Asham.

none of which are even with the pens anymore :laugh:

M0NTY26 09-12-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacco12 (Post 54272751)

I went to gamestop.com and sent their "contact us" an email. They sent one back this morning asking which system I preordered the game for, which I forgot to include, and now I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS (Post 54267495)
is anyone currently designing the leagues artwork? I could probably do one if I find myself with some time.

I haven't started bc I've been busy with creating this league/thread and trying to start the organization process, but I have something in mind. I'd love and welcome all and any help I can get to make this an enjoyable league, though. Like I was saying, it'd be cool to have a league graphic with the league name, and then under it we can have a separate, editable section for the league standings, which we can update every sunday, or something to that effect.

I know people are busy too, so everyone might not be reading this thread, but I'd love it if we could get everyone to post their roster, trading block, and top prospects that aren't untouchable, and each user post their info up alphabetically, according to the team they represent... I'm starting to think that might be wishful thinking though. Would make things SO much easier though... at least for those that intend on being active and enjoying making moves around the league.

aSockalypse 09-12-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS (Post 54273139)
none of which are even with the pens anymore :laugh:

Right?? :snide: Park signed in Swiss league again right?

And thanks Monty, I'll be sure to include that in my initial email haha.

M0NTY26 09-12-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

The code for the xbox version is currently having problems. Microsoft will have this fixed within the next few days, and your same code still work.
We apologize for this inconvenience.

If you have any additional questions, you can respond to this email; or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am to 8pm at 800-883-8895.
Best Regards,
Travis
GameStop Customer Service
Update on the HUT packs.