HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TSN: P.K. Subban resigns with Montreal, Jan. 28 (post #1) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1258897)

Prongo 09-12-2012 10:46 AM

P.K. Subban resigns with Montreal, Jan. 28 (post #1)

https://twitter.com/RDSca

Quote:

The Philadelphia Flyers and the Canadiens have had discussions about PK Subban. All the details
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/347805.html

Quote:

For example, the Canadian never admit that there have been talks with the Philadelphia Flyers about his controversial defender, a thoroughbred that will always be hard to tame and whose attitude could possibly irritate Therrien . It happened some time after the Flyers had lost the opportunity to add Shea Weber with their training despite a hostile bid as fabulous as ridiculous: 14 years and $ 110 million. The kind of agreement, later equaled by the Nashville Predators
Quote:

During the interview between Bergevin and his counterpart Paul Holmgren, one of the names mentioned was obviously the young sensation Sean Couturier, the first round pick of the Flyers two years ago, which has shown great things after winning one position 18. It is said that one who most insisted that the name be removed from the Couturier discussion coach Peter Laviolette who sees in his soup. This has not been a problem since Couturier believes that is closely linked to the future of the Flyers. seeking information that another Canadian was not discussed with the Flyers only about Subban has been confirmed . Who knows what is really going on in this strange issue that leaves many confused?
This was all translated by google, so there might be a few mistakes in here.

Also Dustin Leed pointed out on twitter that the conversations are on going, plus Eklund also said the same. Eklunds report came out awfully close to the RDS post though, so it might be him just trying to get hits.

--------------------------------------

Mod edit:

Yahoo.com:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...0026--nhl.html

Quote:

The tone of the RDS piece hints at continued interest, but it's clear that most of the Flyers' overtures were in the wake of the Weber ordeal, which went down in July.

Far be it from us to be suspicious of news leaked to French-language media about Subban being on the block during the final stages of his contract negotiation with the Canadiens but we are.

So, despite the fact that PK Subban in a Philadelphia Flyers uniform would break the needle on the Swagger-Meter, it's probably just a tire kicking during the summer.

-------------------------

January 28:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414701

Quote:

The Montreal Canadiens have signed defenceman P.K. Subban to a two-year contract worth a total of $5.75 million.

A restricted free agent, Subban sat out the first four games of this season while the two sides negotiated a contract.

Subban's new deal carries an average annual value of $2.875 million, and will pay the defenceman $2 million this season and $3.75 million in 2013-14.

The 23-year-old from Toronto notched seven goals and 29 assists in 81 regular season games with the Canadiens in 2011-12. Last season was the final one on Subban's three-year, entry-level contract.

bennysflyers16 09-12-2012 10:50 AM

If Couts gets moved for PK, will go down as the worst decison in Holmer's history :rant:

kicksave27 09-12-2012 10:53 AM

If they wouldn't give up couts for Weber, they aren't giving him up for subban. I'm not worried.

Jack de la Hoya 09-12-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicksave27 (Post 54266539)
If they wouldn't give up couts for Weber, they aren't giving him up for subban. I'm not worried.

Are we certain they were ever in a position to flip Couturier one for one for Weber?

I'm not enamored with this, but realistically, Couturier is the only piece we could move to get him.

Devastate 09-12-2012 11:02 AM

i'm slightly nervous about trading for Subban, simply because i don't want to lose Couturier. But who else would we trade for him?

bennysflyers16 09-12-2012 11:05 AM

Trading an awesome 2 way center who can combat the Pens for PK ****ing Subban would go crush this team going forward.

JUST SAY NO !

Prongo 09-12-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devastate (Post 54266729)
i'm slightly nervous about trading for Subban, simply because i don't want to lose Couturier. But who else would we trade for him?

Next best available piece might be Schenn, but after acquiring his brother you would think they don't want to move him. Only time will tell, they probably won't even make a deal...

dingbathero 09-12-2012 11:10 AM

Read/Mez and a pick. My guess

kudymen 09-12-2012 11:11 AM

Couturier out and Subban in?

santapore 09-12-2012 11:12 AM

couturier is my favorite player in flyers(i like to watch rising stars)...so i hope we never trade him someone like subban. no offence to subban and i think he would be great add to our defence but no if it includes losing couturier. we really dont have any good pieces to give back so i just hope this goes away....or something like prospect+2x1st max.

Philadelphia Ducks 09-12-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingbathero (Post 54266903)

No way this gets PK out of Montreal.
I really don't see how a trade with Montreal could be worked out without moving Schenn or Couts, and that would be a no go from me.

JLHockeyKnight 09-12-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kudymen (Post 54266939)
Couturier out and Subban in?

Was going to post this, and you beat me to it.

I share pretty much everyone's opinion on this.

DrinkFightFlyers 09-12-2012 11:46 AM

I'm all for getting Subban, but not at the expense of Couturier. However, it has been well documented that this team is need of defenders, so it may not be as bad as some are thinking. I still wouldn't do it though.

PayItForward 09-12-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 (Post 54266471)
If Couts gets moved for PK, will go down as the worst decison in Holmer's history :rant:

Holy overreaction. I probably wouldn't want to move Couturier for Subban either, but there are much worse trades he could make than that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicksave27 (Post 54266539)

No, they wouldn't give up Couturer + Schenn +++ for Weber. If they wouldn't give up Couturier for Weber, then that was a horrible decision by Holmgren and would go down as one of the worst non-trades he could make. Acquire a bonafide #1 d-man, something this team needs arguably more than anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingbathero (Post 54266903)

... would never get Subban? Do you know what he means to the Canadiens? He's one of the cornerstones of their franchise -- Price, Subban and Pacioretty. Probably add Galchenyuk in there in a few years. He means just as much, no probably a lot more, to the Canadiens as Couturier means to the Flyers.

Beef Invictus 09-12-2012 12:10 PM

I'd rather keep Couturier.

Mgkibbles 09-12-2012 12:14 PM

I think Homer knows better...

CharlieGirl 09-12-2012 12:17 PM

Shoot me in the head please.

Just got rid of one defenseman who didn't know how to play defense. Let's not replace him with another.

Beef Invictus 09-12-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieGirl (Post 54268461)

Just got rid of one defenseman who didn't know how to play defense. Let's not replace him with another.

My feelings as well. I know Subban is young and can get better as time goes on, but currently that trade would make the Flyers worse defensively overall.

Roo Mad Bro 09-12-2012 12:30 PM

I would love PK in a Flyers uniform.

He brings flair, offense and physicality from the blue-line.

Prongo 09-12-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieGirl (Post 54268461)

I made one small comment on the main boards about how he isn't the best defender and immediately I was questioned if I have ever seen Subban play. Should I have asked him if he has ever seen him play?

He is below average, but he is very young. All young defenders have growing pains in their own end. You just hope it doesn't persist throughout their careers.

Beef Invictus 09-12-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prongo (Post 54269295)
I made one small comment on the main boards about how he isn't the best defender and immediately I was questioned if I have ever seen Subban play. Should I have asked him if he has ever seen him play?

He is below average, but he is very young. All young defenders have growing pains in their own end. You just hope it doesn't persists throughout their careers.

I've seen him make a few game-changing offensive plays...but I've also seen him make a few really awful game-changing defensive mistakes.

bp spec 09-12-2012 01:00 PM

We can't trade Couturier. Subban would be a treat, but not if Couturier is the price to pay to get him here.

Roo Mad Bro 09-12-2012 01:00 PM

He's an entertaining player to watch, and a player that I would love to have on this team.

dingbathero 09-12-2012 01:02 PM

NOpe, don't want him. F him!

GoneFullHextall 09-12-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Invictus (Post 54269403)
I've seen him make a few game-changing offensive plays...but I've also seen him make a few really awful game-changing defensive mistakes.

he can hit people which is enough for some Flyer fans. I wouldnt be opposed to adding him. At the right price of course.
People still seem to think the Flyers can easily trade a top 6/9 forward for a defender. They really cant. Unless you think Fedotenko can be a full time top 6 winger.
I wonder what Subban is asking for, and I really wonder just how eager the Habs are at trading him. In all honesty I doubt the talks about a trade were serious IMO