HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Chicago-Montreal-Philadelphia (3 way) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1258959)

digdug41982 09-12-2012 01:36 PM

Chicago-Montreal-Philadelphia (3 way)

Now, I actually think this may happen, maybe not all together but within a few days.

:hawks
Plekanec

:habs
Leddy
Couturier

:flyers
Subban

Who adds and what to make this happen as two separate trades (CHI-MON; MON-PHI) or as a 3-way?

JVR21 09-12-2012 01:40 PM

All things considered(including the fact that Subban's cap hit will be ~$4M higher than Couturier's), I wouldn't trade Couts for Subban.

chuck1984 09-12-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVR21 (Post 54269049)
All things considered(including the fact that Subban's cap hit will be ~$4M higher than Couturier's), I wouldn't trade Couts for Subban.

Isnt Philly in dier need of a Dman? + they wanted to give 10mil to Weber (Not saying Subban is even close to his level of talent but it seems as though money isnt an issue for them)

flyguy 09-12-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck1984 (Post 54269189)
Isnt Philly in dier need of a Dman? + they wanted to give 10mil to Weber (Not saying Subban is even close to his level of talent but it seems as though money isnt an issue for them)

Not at the expense of losing their top defensive forward at the age 20.

If the Flyers can't nab a top end defenseman without giving up a key roster player (which is doubtful at this point anyway) they are prepared to go into whatever the upcoming season will be, as is on the back end.

Captain Smurf 09-12-2012 01:54 PM

So, let me get this straight, Montreal gives up Pleks and Subban and get back Leddy and Couturier?

Let's do some comparisons:

Plekanec>Couturier now. Likely Plekanec<Couturier in the future.
Subban>>Leddy now. Subban>>Leddy future.
Pleks is better than Leddy and Subban is better than Couturier.

Montreal gives up the 2 best players and doesn't even get quantity. A truly, truly brutal proposal for Montreal. Obvious why Chicago does it.

JVR21 09-12-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Smurf (Post 54269453)
So, let me get this straight, Montreal gives up Pleks and Subban and get back Leddy and Couturier?

Montreal gives up the 2 best players and doesn't even get quantity. A truly, truly brutal proposal for Montreal. Obvious why Chicago does it.

There isn't a single team in the NHL that would take Plek over Couturier, so you're wrong there.

digdug41982 09-12-2012 01:57 PM

Really? I think Montreal makes out the best. They can still fight for that 8th playoff spot that seems to be oh so important while building for a great future. And like I said, adjustments can be made, these are the main pieces though.

Captain Smurf 09-12-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVR21 (Post 54269505)
There isn't a single team in the NHL that would take Plek over Couturier, so you're wrong there.

I never suggested a team would, I said Pleks is a better player than Couturier right now. Which he is. Couturier will be superior in his prime, but you'll have a hard time arguing he's better right now. Not in terms of value, future ability. As a player, he's better in the present.

Thundermare 09-12-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Smurf (Post 54269453)

In Pleks for Leddy you get the age factor... and in Subban for Couturier as well... still wouldn't do it cause of PK Higher ceilling... but Chicago probably wouldn't give Leddy for Pleks alone... In the end Philly probably add a choice that Mtl would need to forward to Chicago

digdug41982 09-12-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Smurf (Post 54269565)
I never suggested a team would, I said Pleks is a better player than Couturier right now. Which he is. Couturier will be superior in his prime, but you'll have a hard time arguing he's better right now. Not in terms of value, future ability. As a player, he's better in the present.

Yeah, but Montreal isn't competing for anything but the 8th spot presently and the downgrade right now isn't enough to change that at all so you lose nothing presently, gain a ton for the future.

Captain Smurf 09-12-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 54269523)
Really? I think Montreal makes out the best. They can still fight for that 8th playoff spot that seems to be oh so important while building for a great future. And like I said, adjustments can be made, these are the main pieces though.

Then count Montreal out. Leddy will never be the player Subban is, let alone the player Subban can be. He's never demonstrated Subban's defensive aptitude and simply can't be as physical as Subban. Montreal has Markov and Kaberle to provide the puck-moving skills Leddy would bring. Couturier is a great piece, and will be better than Pleks in the future, but there is still doubts that he can be a bona-fide number 1 guy. Montreal just drafted Galchenyuk, so they have a guy to invest that hope in.

Let me put it this way. If Subban goes to Philly, Montreal would be looking for Couturier +. If that deal was done, They'd probably be willing to move Plekanec, but not for Leddy. If Subban was gone, I doubt Chicago has a guy available that Montreal would be looking for Pleks.

PunkinDrublic* 09-12-2012 02:09 PM

This just keeps getting better and better !!! :facepalm:

:surrender

Vankiller Whale 09-12-2012 02:11 PM

Montreal gets hosed.

PayItForward 09-12-2012 02:14 PM

Terrible for Montreal.

xX Hot Fuss 09-12-2012 02:19 PM

I know this trade needs to be tweaked a bit. But I really, really hope all of these Montreal fans enjoy yet another bottom 10 finish and having Plekanec get another year older and less valuable. Boston and Ottawa are both either as good or better than last year. The Habs are going to have to go through...

Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Rangers
Bruins
Senators
Washington
Tampa
Florida
Carolina

...to get to the playoffs next year. They've done absolutely nothing to get better and refuse to trade away pieces that are irrelevant to their success. IMHO trade Pleks for futures and get SOMETHING for him.

Captain Smurf 09-12-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 54270199)
I know this trade needs to be tweaked a bit. But I really, really hope all of these Montreal fans enjoy yet another bottom 10 finish and having Plekanec get another year older and less valuable. Boston and Ottawa are both either as good or better than last year. The Habs are going to have to go through...

Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Rangers
Bruins
Senators
Washington
Tampa
Florida
Carolina

...to get to the playoffs next year. They've done absolutely nothing to get better and refuse to trade away pieces that are irrelevant to their success. IMHO trade Pleks for futures and get SOMETHING for him.

Most Habs fans are fine with trading Plekanec, it just has to fill a need for the team. Leddy doesn't.

sobrien 09-12-2012 02:25 PM

Montreal does get hosed in this deal. As pointed out, they give up the two best players right now, and potential the best player in the long run. On top of that, I'm not ready to move Couturier yet. I understand that Couturier and Schenn are the most attractive pieces, but the Flyers have other young, talented pieces they can move too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck1984 (Post 54269189)
Isnt Philly in dier need of a Dman?

No. Philly is in dire need of their current defensemen to play to their ability and execute the system in place.

jw2 09-12-2012 02:28 PM

Value wise, looks better than most are saying. I think Chicago might need to give up a bit more, possibly a B-level prospect going to Philly.

I think its a decent proposal, but Homers wont like seeing some of the names involved and without seeing Malkin, Crosby and the 1st overall come back to their team in return.

Bubba88 09-12-2012 02:34 PM

Chi adds 2014 2nd to the Habs and a lower not needed prospect with some size

Bourne Endeavor 09-12-2012 02:34 PM

First, Montreal does not need more defense. Even with the loss of Subban they have plenty of prospects in that position and could deal Markov should he rebound. Second, Plek is worth more than Leddy. Third, Chicago lacks depth on defense outside of Keith and Seabrook as it is. Why would they deal the only good thing have in their bottom four?

MasterDecoy 09-12-2012 02:42 PM

so bowman drugs bergevin into trading plekanec for... leddy?

sweet deal!

hockeyguy 09-12-2012 02:42 PM

i don't think the flyers are willing to give up a young essential piece like couts unless for a top 10 dman in the league if that, subban is not a top 10 d man in the league. Personally i'd rather have leddy than subban just based on attitude issues and leddy being 2 years younger

Jack de la Hoya 09-12-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 54268949)
Now, I actually think this may happen, maybe not all together but within a few days.

:hawks
Plekanec

:habs
Leddy
Couturier

:flyers
Subban

Who adds and what to make this happen as two separate trades (CHI-MON; MON-PHI) or as a 3-way?

I wouldn't do it. It seems Montreal fans wouldn't do it.

But as far as 3-way deals go, it isn't the worst in terms of value / needs / etc.

CharlesHabsFan 09-12-2012 03:00 PM

Why do we keep getting defensemen and centers in our trades ?

I agree that Plekanec is better than Couturier is, but Couturier is definitely going to be better than Plekanec in the future.

As much as this trade could be interesting, the odd piece is Leddy. Personally, I wouldn't trade Subban for what I'd consider a downgrade.

Of course, in reality, the trade is actually Plekanec for Leddy / Subban for Couturier.

But what Montreal really needs right now is a Left Winger to bring power and goals to our 2nd line. We already have a center in which we have hopes in Galchenyuk and defensemen like Beaulieu and Tinordi.

How about Chicago give us a good 2nd line left winger ? Or someone like Teravainen that highly interested Bergevin and Timmins on draft day ?

Montreal takes Couturier and Teravainen for Subban and Plekanec. We take a downfall for a year or two, but then, that was to be expected anyway, because our real future starts in two years when Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Holland, Beaulieu, Tinordi and others come to maturity and are NHL ready.

Worst case we'd put Bourque or Gomez on 2nd line as left winger for the next two seasons, eat our shorts cause we can't make the playoffs, but get a sweet draft in 2013, supposed to be the best year since 2003...

veedubn1 09-12-2012 03:03 PM

How the heck does Chicago come away with Pleks if they're only giving up Leddy?

Montreal gets absolutely hosed.