HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings in Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1259511)

Ziggy Stardust 09-13-2012 05:07 PM

Kings in Europe

Since it seems that we are looking ahead to another lockout, I've decided to start a "Kings in Europe" thread tracking Kings players or prospects who are playing overseas.

Oscar Moller (wearing #45), who remains Kings property, scored a hat trick against MODO in the Elitserien (SEL) season opener for Skelleftea. His linemate, Bud Holloway (wearing #11), added four assists. Highlights can be found here:
http://www.hockeyligan.se/elitserien-arena/38089/

Jungle Boy 09-13-2012 06:00 PM

He looks bigger.

Ziggy Stardust 09-13-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jungle Boy (Post 54300951)
He looks bigger.

I thought my eyes deceived me as well when I looked at him and had to do a double take and check the box score to see if I was looking at the right player. He may finally be filling out.

Maybe a couple of seasons in Sweden has served well in helping Moller fill out physically and to find confidence in his offensive game. Who knows, in a couple of seasons there may be an opening in LA's top six and Moller may be a top candidate to earn a spot there.

Reaper45 09-13-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 54301027)
I thought my eyes deceived me as well when I looked at him and had to do a double take and check the box score to see if I was looking at the right player. He may finally be filling out.

Maybe a couple of seasons in Sweden has served well in helping Moller fill out physically and to find confidence in his offensive game. Who knows, in a couple of seasons there may be an opening in LA's top six and Moller may be a top candidate to earn a spot there.

I haven't given up hope on Oscar just yet.

CNS 09-13-2012 09:21 PM

So apparently Prokhorkin has a KHL contract until 2015 and may not be able to sign an NHL deal with us. Awesome.

Quote:

Dmitry Chesnokov @dchesnokov

@mayorNHL teams need to do their own due diligence to protect their interests. Prokhorkin has a valid KHL contract until 2015

etherialone 09-13-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnshockey (Post 54305353)
So apparently Prokhorkin has a KHL contract until 2015 and may not be able to sign an NHL deal with us. Awesome.

This is about to get interesting.

Porky = Monarch.

kingsfan 09-14-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnshockey (Post 54305353)

For all we know, there's a deal in place to get him out of that contract, or that contract is in dispute. With the lockout though, DL isn't likely going to show his hand until it actually matters.

etherialone 09-14-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 54312425)
For all we know, there's a deal in place to get him out of that contract, or that contract is in dispute. With the lockout though, DL isn't likely going to show his hand until it actually matters.

I will only add an or of that this has already been worked out and that is why he was allowed to sign his entry level contract with us (or why we offered it to him). While I still think that he is more than a couple years away I am certain that the Kings don't want to have to deal with things in the same manner that they have with Kitsyn.

Asset mgmt DL style has him in NA.

Ron 09-18-2012 06:52 PM

Anze Kopitar will indeed join his brother's team in Sweden

Ron 09-18-2012 06:57 PM

Kings captain Brown has offers from the KHL and Swiss league

Damassk 09-19-2012 03:02 AM

Good chances that Loktionov will play in KHL. The Russian newspapers report that he will play for Severstal.