HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Speculation: Where will the Avs players play during the lockout? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1259807)

chewey 09-14-2012 12:40 PM

Where will the Avs players play during the lockout?

Wondering who plans to go where.

henchman24 09-14-2012 12:48 PM

Stastny will likely play for the Ice Tigers in the DEL to play with his brother.
Landeskog (maybe?), Olver, Elliott, and Barrie will probably go to the AHL.
Varly to Lokomotiv

S E P H 09-14-2012 12:49 PM

^ There is a speculation out there that Lokomotiv has his rights, but they're happy with their goaler situation at the moment and don't want him. Though they can always trade his rights.

I posted this in the In-Season Proposal thread, but from Eliteprospect it says that Stastny will sign with the Nurnberg Ice Tigers in the German hockey league if a lockout occurs. Probably to play with his brother, which some posters said as the overall outcome.

Elliott, Barrie, Hishon, and Landeskog would probably play in the AHL.

Curious what would Duchene, ROR, EJ, McGinn and the younger, but already established NHLers on our team would go? Do you think they should go to the AHL knowing the other teams will do the same, or do we want to them to go to some of the major leagues in Europe?

henchman24 09-14-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 54317869)
^ There is a speculation out there that Lokomotiv has his rights, but they're happy with their goaler situation at the moment and don't want him. Though they can always trade his rights.

I posted this in the In-Season Proposal thread, but from Eliteprospect it says that Stastny will sign with the Nurnberg Ice Tigers in the German hockey league if a lockout occurs. Probably to play with his brother, which some posters said as the overall outcome.

Curious what would Duchene, ROR, EJ, McGinn and the younger, but already established NHLers on our team would go? Do you think they should go to the AHL knowing the other teams will do the same, or do we want to them to go to some of the major leagues in Europe?

Wherever they all go I hope it is a play that they can all play at a high level and gain some confidence (Duchene and EJ especially). I don't see any of them in the AHL, Finland or Switzerland is where I foresee lots of NHL players going,

Ceremony 09-14-2012 01:02 PM

Landeskog in the AHL would be hilarious.

Qurpiz 09-14-2012 01:21 PM

Dibs on RoR, Duchene, Downie and Johnson to Ässät :)

Scarbossa 09-14-2012 01:34 PM

They will waste their day on ****** and get fat...

Foppa2118 09-14-2012 02:22 PM

Man, the KHL and SEL with rules and criteria for taking on NHL players is gonna make things a lot different than the last lockout. Haven't heard anything about the Swiss league. I'm assuming they don't have any of the same criteria?

Really hate the idea of Landeskog playing in the AHL, even though it's one of the best leagues below the NHL out there. He has a meat and potatoes style that could possibly develop into being a more offensive contributor if he continues to develop his game playing with talented players. This lockout could really stunt his growth IMO.

henchman24 09-14-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa2118 (Post 54321131)
Man, the KHL and SEL with rules and criteria for taking on NHL players is gonna make things a lot different than the last lockout. Haven't heard anything about the Swiss league. I'm assuming they don't have any of the same criteria?

Really hate the idea of Landeskog playing in the AHL, even though it's one of the best leagues below the NHL out there. He has a meat and potatoes style that could possibly develop into being a more offensive contributor if he continues to develop his game playing with talented players. This lockout could really stunt his growth IMO.

He will get 1st line minutes where he is expected to put up big offensive numbers wherever he plays. I don't think it will stunt him at all. See Spezza during the last lockout.

Nzap 09-14-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qurpiz (Post 54318951)
Dibs on RoR, Duchene, Downie and Johnson to Ässät :)

Not so fast my friend.

Although I'd actually like Campbell coming to Jokerit again. But I wouldn't mind Johnson either. We desperately need defensemen. (and now forwards too as 6 top-9 players are injured or suspended).

Avs71 09-14-2012 03:11 PM

McGinn will be waiting for the lockout to end per milehighhockey.

Quote:

"We're still hopeful there's going to be a season," said McGinn.

He added that as of last week he has not made any plans to play elsewherem noting he intends to stay in the Center Wellington area until the matter is resolved.

"I'm just worried about training for the Avalanche," McGinn said, noting he has been training in the GTA all summer.

"I'm just trying to stay in shape and make sure I'm sharp and ready to go."

chewey 09-14-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 54317869)

German hockey? WTF. Are there any notable past stars playing there or would Stastny be the biggest name there? Haven't seen much on the German league but Stastny better get his head straighten out there!

Quote:

If there wasn't such a problem with transfer negotiations then I'd love to see Lando in SEL. Think the open ice could help him develop his "skill" more. He's already got the physical aspect of the game down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs71 (Post 54322697)
McGinn will be waiting for the lockout to end per milehighhockey.

McGinn works out in Toronto? Love him now! I love Toronto! <3 [be it not their fans but great city!]

Avs_19 09-14-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

I disagree. Playing less minutes, playing on a bigger ice surface, and playing a completely different/offensive style of hockey will hurt him more IMO. He doesn't need to play with great offensive players in a more wide open system in order to get better offensively.

I hope he stays in NA and plays in the AHL this season.

Hennessy 09-14-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmitri (Post 54324267)
German hockey? WTF. Are there any notable past stars playing there or would Stastny be the biggest name there? Haven't seen much on the German league but Stastny better get his head straighten out there!

During the last lockout, the DEL had 26 NHL players come over. Some of whom were German (Kolzig, Sturm, Hecht), but many who were not (Cole, Weight, Robidas, Langenbrunner).

Here's an overview of what happened last time with player migration to Europe.

Ceremony 09-14-2012 04:28 PM

Having a look through wikipedia for names I recognise...

Augsburger Panther: John Zeiler (tried to kill Lappy while with LA once)
Eisbaren Berlin: Matt Foy (formerly of Edmonton/Minnesota), Julian Talbot (formerly of LEM)
Hamburg Freezers: Former Av Serge Aubin
Hannover Scorpions: Sascha Goc (22 NHL games, no points & 4 PIM)
Iserlohn Roosters: Sebastien Caron, Jeff Cowen, Jassen Cullimore, Former Av Derek Peltier (14 games, no points)
Krefeld Pinguine: Former Av and Leopold trade centre-piece Lawrence Nycholat, Former Av Pascal Trepanier
Adler Mannheim: Fred Brathwaite, Former Av Shawn Belle, Niko Dimitrakos
EHC RED BULL IS KILLING SPORT Munchen: Bryan Adams
Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers: Ryan Bayda, Eric Chouinard, Yan Stastny

So in other words, Paul Stastny would seemingly walk past every team in that league.

BrickAHL 09-14-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceremony (Post 54325585)

Eisbaren Berlin: Matt Foy (formerly of Edmonton/Minnesota), Julian Talbot (formerly of LEM)
Iserlohn Roosters: Sebastien Caron, Jeff Cowen, Jassen Cullimore, Former Av Derek Peltier (14 games, no points)
Krefeld Pinguine: Former Av and Leopold trade centre-piece Lawrence Nycholat, Former Av Pascal Trepanier

So in other words, Paul Stastny would seemingly walk past every team in that league.

This is going to be a fun season.

Hennessy 09-14-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceremony (Post 54325585)
ehc red bull is killing sport munchen

lol.

Avs_19 09-14-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceremony (Post 54325585)

I'll believe it when I see it. This isn't 2009 anymore. :sarcasm:

The Kingslayer 09-14-2012 05:06 PM

Duchene is just gonna fish and not play hockey.

The Kingslayer 09-14-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

I dont think spending a season in the A will hurt him imo. Im actually ok if all our young guys spending a season in the A.

Razor29 09-14-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs_19 (Post 54325365)
I disagree. Playing less minutes, playing on a bigger ice surface, and playing a completely different/offensive style of hockey will hurt him more IMO. He doesn't need to play with great offensive players in a more wide open system in order to get better offensively.

I hope he stays in NA and plays in the AHL this season.

I doubt it. He's from Sweden. He has played on bigger ice surfaces before.

Either way I would rather him stay and play in the AHL.

Nihiliste 09-14-2012 05:59 PM

Lando will probably go home but I would rather see a few of our young guys get a development year together in the AHL

Ceremony 09-14-2012 06:15 PM

So, when does everyone suppose we'll find out what players have been assigned to LEM? Other teams are releasing theirs now, and of course with the Avalanche I'm expecting it to just come out of the blue with no prior warning.

SnipShow 09-14-2012 08:00 PM

Lando will return to Kitchener for his overage season :sarcasm:. Could you imagine what he would do in the OHL

Nzap 09-15-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceremony (Post 54328061)
So, when does everyone suppose we'll find out what players have been assigned to LEM? Other teams are releasing theirs now, and of course with the Avalanche I'm expecting it to just come out of the blue with no prior warning.

Waivers Colorado: Bordeleau, Lerg, Pock, Sullivan, Thomas, Van Der Gulik.

We don't know yet if other players are assigned