HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Trade proposal NYR & Pitts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=126016)

NYR Fan 8845 01-26-2005 06:29 PM

Trade proposal NYR & Pitts
 
I was thinking now with Weekes and Dunham most likely gone NYR could use some help with there goaltending situation.I always been a fan of S.Caron [Pitts] so maybe a deal in the like of getting him to NY would not hurt .He is a good young goaltender I feel with excellent potential and with M.A Fluery in the back rounds Caron might be somewhat easy to get.so how does a deal like this sound.Plus a center with size like Kraft would help along with a skilled LW.

To NYR: T.Survoy (LW) , S.Caron (G) & Kraft or Beech (Center)

To Pitts: J.Lundmark (C/LW), I.Baranka (D),C.Wiseman (LW) & 3rd rounder in 2006.

This is just an idea, Im not great at these proposals butI think its pretty fair.I add in the third rounder just for the point Pitts players have a bit of a upper hand potential wise.

roast 01-26-2005 06:31 PM

This isn't much of a deal for the pens. They give up a center who is preforming great in the AHL this year or a center who finished in the NHL strong last year. Beech, Lundmark, and Kraft all have underachived, and no way the pens deal Surovy who is one of their few shooters.

NYR Fan 8845 01-26-2005 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roast
This isn't much of a deal for the pens. They give up a center who is preforming great in the AHL this year or a center who finished in the NHL strong last year. Beech, Lundmark, and Kraft all have underachived, and no way the pens deal Surovy who is one of their few shooters.

exactly my point Ktraft and Beech are both similar in the underachieving dept so the swap would be fair. The only real advantage is that Survoy is in the deal maybe NYR would have to give alittle more for him who knows like i said in my thread i state that PItts prospects seem to be better.

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-26-2005 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Fan 8845
I was thinking now with Weekes and Dunham most likely gone NYR could use some help with there goaltending situation.I always been a fan of S.Caron [Pitts] so maybe a deal in the like of getting him to NY would not hurt .He is a good young goaltender I feel with excellent potential and with M.A Fluery in the back rounds Caron might be somewhat easy to get.so how does a deal like this sound.Plus a center with size like Kraft would help along with a skilled LW.

To NYR: T.Survoy (LW) , S.Caron (G) & Kraft or Beech (Center)

To Pitts: J.Lundmark (C/LW), I.Baranka (D),C.Wiseman (LW) & 3rd rounder in 2006.

This is just an idea, Im not great at these proposals butI think its pretty fair.I add in the third rounder just for the point Pitts players have a bit of a upper hand potential wise.

I do like Surovy alot. And he would cost more than Lundmark. Id also like to take a look at Abid. And on D I like Melichar, he plays a physical game but always gets hurt and would be cheap.

How about Abid and Melichar to Rangers for Poti, Lundmark and Cash.

Reason for Rangers, we need a big LW. Abid has been hurt but he is a LW with size and some scoring ability. If Mario cant turn Lundmark into a player than no one can. This would be Lundmark's chance. Poti would give the pens a young offensive dman. Melichar would give the Rangers a dman that can play a simple game and physical.

shady_records 01-26-2005 06:35 PM

Why would Weekes be leaving NY? Didn't he just sign there?
They have Blackburn and Montoya. Caron isn't likely to get any playing time. If they acquire a goalie, they need a good starting goalie, not someone potentially unproven guy.

Levitate 01-26-2005 06:42 PM

weekes was signed for 1 year but with the buzz being that this year is counting torwards contracts, he could be a FA next year. same with dunham.

i don't really like caron all that much

FLYLine24 01-26-2005 06:56 PM

I dont think Sather would trade for a younger goalie. He'll probably just resign either Weekes or Dunham for another 1yr contract.

RANGER#11 01-26-2005 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Fan 8845
I was thinking now with Weekes and Dunham most likely gone NYR could use some help with there goaltending situation.I always been a fan of S.Caron [Pitts] so maybe a deal in the like of getting him to NY would not hurt .He is a good young goaltender I feel with excellent potential and with M.A Fluery in the back rounds Caron might be somewhat easy to get.so how does a deal like this sound.Plus a center with size like Kraft would help along with a skilled LW.

To NYR: T.Survoy (LW) , S.Caron (G) & Kraft or Beech (Center)

To Pitts: J.Lundmark (C/LW), I.Baranka (D),C.Wiseman (LW) & 3rd rounder in 2006.

This is just an idea, Im not great at these proposals butI think its pretty fair.I add in the third rounder just for the point Pitts players have a bit of a upper hand potential wise.

I realy do not think with all the young talant and to great goalies on the Wolf pack that a goalie is the last position that is needed. We need help in every position but nets.

Kodiak 01-26-2005 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roast
This isn't much of a deal for the pens. They give up a center who is preforming great in the AHL this year or a center who finished in the NHL strong last year. Beech, Lundmark, and Kraft all have underachived, and no way the pens deal Surovy who is one of their few shooters.

There's no way they're dealing Kraft right now either. He put up 19 goals and 40 pts last year, including 22 pts in 27 games after the All-Star break. They think the kid's turned a corner.

Leetchie 01-27-2005 08:23 AM

How bout just Kris Beech for Jamie Lundmark? :)

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-27-2005 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetchie
How bout just Kris Beech for Jamie Lundmark? :)


Nah Id take Abid though.

Abid to Rangers for Lundmark and Tom Poti?

Leetchie 01-27-2005 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Nah Id take Abid though.

Abid to Rangers for Lundmark and Tom Poti?


Abid isn't bad.

I just don't think it would require Poti to be part of the mix. If I'm Pittsburgh, I do that right away, and Lundmark turns into a 20-goal scorer while Poti figures out how to use his 6'3" frame. Just the luck of the Rangers. :)

I like Kris Beech though; makes sense, struggling former high pick for struggling former high pick.

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-27-2005 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetchie
Abid isn't bad.

I just don't think it would require Poti to be part of the mix. If I'm Pittsburgh, I do that right away, and Lundmark turns into a 20-goal scorer while Poti figures out how to use his 6'3" frame. Just the luck of the Rangers. :)

I like Kris Beech though; makes sense, struggling former high pick for struggling former high pick.


yea that is true.

roast 01-29-2005 12:07 PM

The pens would not do abid for Lundmark / Poti because Abid is another player who could possibly score some goals assuming his knees hold up. I'd be surprised if you wanted Melichar because he just had shoulder surgurey AGAIN. Poti is great, but the pens have 2 offensive D-men already with Tarnstrom and Jackman (maybe Rosival if he ever plays again) and Whitney who is up and coming. I really don't think the pens are looking to make deals right now, unless it is to sign a UFA to score some goals and help the young guys.

nrf83 01-29-2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Nah Id take Abid though.

Abid to Rangers for Lundmark and Tom Poti?

have you ever proposed a trade that doesn't include Poti or Lundmark? If you think so poorly of those players, why would anyone else want them. I would think we would want to trade them when their value is highest, not when value is low.

FLYLine24 01-29-2005 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Nah Id take Abid though.

Abid to Rangers for Lundmark and Tom Poti?


That is a horrible trade. Im annoyed with Poti like the next guy but he is still a top 3-4 defensman if we like it or not. That is way too much. Maybe Lundmark and Purinton for Abid. Its not like the Pens are in need to hold onto all 3 goalies since they have Caron and Fleury.

Bluenote13 01-29-2005 12:59 PM

To NYR: Randy Cunneyworth
To Pens: Tom Laidlaw

NYR Fan 8845 01-30-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
To NYR: Randy Cunneyworth
To Pens: Tom Laidlaw

you are some comedian, im dying over here with laughter

Bluenote13 02-01-2005 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Fan 8845
you are some comedian, im dying over here with laughter

To NYR: Moe Mantha
To Pens: Willie Huber


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.