HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Should Lars Eller play in the AHL??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1260259)

MTLROCKS 09-15-2012 02:57 PM

Should Lars Eller play in the AHL???
 
We've seen what it's done for Jason Spezza and others....I truly believe that Lars graduated a year too early and this is his opportunity...thoughts???

habtastic 09-15-2012 03:03 PM

I don't think so. I think he knows how to play amongst men and that he's developing just fine in his role. He thrives on challenges IMO, so being at the NHL level has been good for him. Increased experience and we'll see quick returns. Also remember that Spezza was supposed to take on a "save the franchise" role. I think in his case, JM's mandate for him was great. Of course Murray benefitted from it and JM got blamed.

pine* 09-15-2012 03:06 PM

If you want him to go through waivers and get picked up, then go right on ahead.

Illogical thread.

PATCHESx67 09-15-2012 03:09 PM

if theres a lockout in the NHL,can teams assign players to the AHL woudlnt worrying about other teams picking them up or does the 1way/2way contracts remain the same with a lockout ?

MTLROCKS 09-15-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pine (Post 54343845)
If you want him to go through waivers and get picked up, then go right on ahead.

Illogical thread.

I didn't think he'd have to go through waivers...I understand this is his second contract but the same can be said for Jeff Skinners and Jordan Eberle...I'll check on that

Marc the Habs Fan 09-15-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTLROCKS (Post 54343975)
I didn't think he'd have to go through waivers...I understand this is his second contract but the same can be said for Jeff Skinners and Jordan Eberle...I'll check on that

They are still on their ELC. Eller is waiver eligible as he's had 3 years in the pros.

capebretoncanadien 09-15-2012 04:05 PM

Terrible idea IMO

Mrb1p 09-15-2012 04:09 PM

Best place for him is in the NHL... But now...

Riverside Habs Fan 09-15-2012 04:27 PM

Stupid

Chris G 09-15-2012 08:29 PM

Top line minutes in Europe will help his maturity and technical aspect of his game, no need for the AHL

Et le But 09-15-2012 08:43 PM

Did he graduate a year too early? Yes.

Is it too late to remedy that? Yes.

Does that mean his development is screwed and he won't improve? No.

canadiensnation 09-15-2012 08:58 PM

He has to pass through waivers, hes better off to play in Denmark.

overlords 09-15-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiensnation (Post 54352577)
He has to pass through waivers, hes better off to play in Denmark.

Or, you know, Sweden. Like where he played before going to the AHL.

Et le But 09-15-2012 09:06 PM

Maybe he can rejoin Frolunda and force them to play Collberg with him.:naughty:

That 09-15-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 54352767)
Maybe he can rejoin Frolunda and force them to play Collberg with him.:naughty:

Hopefully he could convince them to actually give Collberg icetime :sarcasm:

shutehinside 09-15-2012 09:09 PM

I miss hockey. :(

canadiensnation 09-15-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 54352675)
Or, you know, Sweden. Like where he played before going to the AHL.

yes or Sweden

canadiensnation 09-15-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 54352767)
Maybe he can rejoin Frolunda and force them to play Collberg with him.:naughty:

if he joins Frolunda then Collberg becomes a 14th forward....:shakehead

Marc the Habs Fan 09-15-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 54352675)
Or, you know, Sweden. Like where he played before going to the AHL.

They aren't accepting locked out NHLers in the SEL.

overlords 09-15-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 54354605)
They aren't accepting locked out NHLers in the SEL.

Then most likely KHL.But even they have put restrictions on how many locked out NHLers can come over. Eller would rip the Danish league a new *******.

Lars The GOAT Eller 09-15-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 54355313)
Then most likely KHL.But even they have put restrictions on how many locked out NHLers can come over. Eller would rip the Danish league a new *******.

Isn't Eller still Frolunda property? Like an rfa or something?

overlords 09-15-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay (Post 54355949)
Isn't Eller still Frolunda property? Like an rfa or something?

Possibly, but he doesn't have a contract there. He has one in the NHL, therefore the SEL would not allow him to come over during a lockout.

Lars The GOAT Eller 09-15-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 54357019)
Possibly, but he doesn't have a contract there. He has one in the NHL, therefore the SEL would not allow him to come over during a lockout.

I guess we'll have to see..
Sucks if he'd have to play in the Fel/Danish league because of restrictions

Et le But 09-16-2012 12:12 AM

Anyone know the SM-Liiga lockout policy? Eller would be a great fit in Finland for a year.

HockeyF3ind 09-16-2012 02:06 AM

The unfortunate reality for the Habs is that this lockout is perhaps good for us. I'd argue more of our best players on our team are young and not yet into their primes so a lockout only gets them further to their prime. Some may think that it will screw their development which could be true but if they play in good substitute leagues perhaps it will be sufficient. Obviously, everyone would prefer them playing but the Habs' future looks better than its present so we emerge from a lockout stronger i think.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.