HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Blues during the lockout (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1261109)

frostyflo 09-17-2012 08:48 AM

Blues during the lockout

well, I`ve to make the best out of this lockout and that means for an Euro to watch great players with not that great teams at great day-times

so I just read that Sobotka will play for Slavia Praha, Polak might play for Vitkovice and Västeras wants to get Bergy

maybe you insiders from oversea have more news or rumors?

Chevy Cheveldae 09-18-2012 09:53 AM

Patrik Berglund has signed with Västerås today (2nd-tier)
He landed back home this morning and is expected to start working out with the team and be ready to play soon

Alexander Steen is practicing with MoDo to get in shape and wants to play with them

however, the SEL (swedish elite league) has said no to NHL-ers but it's expected they'll discuss it further now that the lockout is a fact and players start dropping in everywhere

Berglunds team Västerås on the other hand is in the 2-nd tier called Allsvenskan and they've allowed teams to sign NHL-ers (if they can afford it..)

As Västerås presented Berglund today it was confirmed a local business stepped in to make it possible,
the insurancemoney are huge for a nhl-er and can make any team go broke quickly

h22prelude93 09-18-2012 11:49 AM

According to JR Blues players at practice today include Backes, McDonald, Jackman, Oshie, Langenbrunner, Nichol, Elliott, Russell, Cole, D'Agostini, Schwartz & Tarasenko. Perron is rumored to be involved in a possible two team French Canadian league forming that could also include Danny Briere, Claude Giroux, Patrice Bergeron, and Marc-Andre Fleury. Also, apparently Oshie is considering joining Berglund in Västerås.

Robb_K 09-18-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h22prelude93 (Post 54422871)
According to JR Blues players at practice today include Backes, McDonald, Jackman, Oshie, Langenbrunner, Nichol, Elliott, Russell, Cole, D'Agostini, Schwartz & Tarasenko. Perron is rumored to be involved in a possible two team French Canadian league forming that could also include Danny Briere, Claude Giroux, Patrice Bergeron, and Marc-Andre Fleury. Also, apparently Oshie is considering joining Berglund in Västerås.

A TWO-team league???? Well, - I guess that's better than a ONE- team league!

Salzig 09-25-2012 03:43 AM

Chris Stewart has signed (along with his friend Wayne Simmonds) with a German 2nd-tier team, which is pretty surprising, since they're the first two foreigners who signed a lockout-contract with any German team.

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/S...ign-in-Germany

Unkki 09-25-2012 02:00 PM

They say that Kris Russell is going to play in TPS throughout the lockout.

Can you give me a little information of Russell? In Finland rink is bigger and what I now is that Russell is pretty fast and physical for the player of his size? Am I right?

Jzk 09-25-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkki (Post 54580465)

Can you give me a little information of Russell? In Finland rink is bigger and what I now is that Russell is pretty fast and physical for the player of his size? Am I right?

He's fast and not overly physical. He's more of an offensive defenseman so don't expect much of a two way game.

ExJbeck 09-25-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkki (Post 54580465)

Very smooth and quick skater, lacks physicality in the NHL. His positioning is always solid so that helps make up for the lack of physicality. Hes a puck moving dman.

Randall Ritchey 09-25-2012 05:24 PM

To be fair, Russell has his moments where he surprises you with a big hit.

Unkki 09-25-2012 11:49 PM

Thanks for replys! I think that he'll be good in this league, this is the league where fast skaters are usually in very big role, if they are able to do something nice with the puck.

frostyflo 09-26-2012 12:02 AM

And I remember that he played for Team Canada in at least one WC in Europe, so the transition shouldn't be a hugh problem either.

Use the Schwartz* 09-26-2012 08:02 AM

Trying to steal my thread thunder frosty?!

OpenIceHit42 09-26-2012 10:28 AM

Will be interested to see if Halak signs somewhere soon.

frostyflo 09-26-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman (Post 54594303)
Trying to steal my thread thunder frosty?!

well, mine is older(:p:)...just less official;)

but I agree, 2 threads are one too much.
so maybe mods can put em together or we continue to post on yours, since yours is already longer

Use the Schwartz* 09-26-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostyflo (Post 54597831)
well, mine is older(:p:)...just less official;)

but I agree, 2 threads are one too much.
so maybe mods can put em together or we continue to post on yours, since yours is already longer

Oh ****, I didn't even realize the date on your thread.

My apologies for not just adding on to this thread, didn't mean to be a ****** and make a new thread.:cheers:

frostyflo 09-27-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman (Post 54598541)
Oh ****, I didn't even realize the date on your thread.

My apologies for not just adding on to this thread, didn't mean to be a ****** and make a new thread.:cheers:

it`s ok, no problem mate!:cheers: